over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post The Good, the Bad, and the Neutral.
Basically, all missions and mission chains now and forever more is suggested to be tagged as Good, Bad, or Neutral.

1. Good missions denote the player doing generally good things, like helping those in need or assisting Erathforce fight pirates, or whatever. Many times, the player will have to be on the side of the Common Good, which may force him to do some stuff that may initially be bad, for the betterment of the future. Earthforce, Paxians, Kalthi, and most merchants are Good.

2. Bad missions denote the player doing mostly bad things. The player is expected to be involved with pirating and terrorizing the innocent, but defending your brothers and shielding colonies could also be in there. Just note the colonies may be UrQa colonies, and your brothers could be also pirates. The UrQa, Zebra Armada, and almost all pirates are considered Bad.

3. Neutral missions swing either way. You could be helping the UrQa one day, but bashing them the next. Class locked missions would be considered neutral. Certain AI Factions like the Monochromes and the Birds(Vult, Cond, Hawk, etc) can be neutral, too.

In general, all EF “Police Actions” are good missions. Missions against the UrQa for the Paxians and Kalthi are also good. Kill missions for the UrQa are bad, but humanity missions for resupplying lost stations, that may or may not also house UrQa, are still good.

Once the player starts Good missions, or bad, he or she is locked to that side. If you wish to stop good or bad, the player will need to abort all open missions of the type, and do a basic reset mission in Sol. Neutral missions are open to anyone and everyone.

Good missions and bad ones all can cater to any class, but they tend to offer rewards for playstyles closest to their “design”. For example, EF rewards tend to focus Gunners, FC’s, SD’s, and Zerks. Kalthi have Gunners, and Paxians have a weird series of Mobile Engineers. On the other hand, pirates emphasize SD’s, Seers, Gunners, and Zerks. UrQa have Monkeys and Snipers.

That kind of differences. But as said, while they tend to reward those classes most often, all classes can find good rewards and content to do for both sides. And then there are neutral class locked missions...

Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:39 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

Post Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Neutral.
Sounds like Fable and its good/bad system. Tbh I don't really like the idea, mainly cause it would lock you from at least a third of the mission content avaliable. Also it doesn't really give any extra player experience or make the game flow any better. Its just not neccisary. If you can give me reasons as to why it should be implimented I'm open to them.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:28 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Neutral.
Camsy wrote:
Sounds like Fable and its good/bad system. Tbh I don't really like the idea, mainly cause it would lock you from at least a third of the mission content avaliable. Also it doesn't really give any extra player experience or make the game flow any better. Its just not neccisary. If you can give me reasons as to why it should be implimented I'm open to them.

Quote:
Once the player starts Good missions, or bad, he or she is locked to that side. If you wish to stop good or bad, the player will need to abort all open missions of the type, and do a basic reset mission in Sol. Neutral missions are open to anyone and everyone.

Doesn't lock you from 1/3+ content if you can just do a reset mission. Abort current side's missions first. Open reset mission, finish, done, and now do the other side's missions. You did those reset missions when you chose whether you were going to reset to Fleet Focus, or Combat Focus, from your original focus. But instead of having to go to lyceum, you would have to go to Sol.

The reason is that such suggestion gives massive amounts of roleplay and immersion. Without it, SS is missing a large percentage of people who DO play for the lore and get hooked on that, and therefore stay p2p. You don't see many of them in ss because this game is very biased against roleplayers, whether annoying gits like Lazerus, or people just interested in the game's lore and secrets, like Utumno.

What I saw before typing the suggestion up was that the game ASSUMES you are part of, or working for Earthforce. That really limits the choices a player may want to choose from. It's like a campaign of presidency with democraps and republishits, except you can only be shitty and never be crappy. What IF there was a democrap in America? He can't vote for Mr Llama. He is only allowed to vote for Mr H Cane Katrina. Totally unfair, right?

We see this in the Nexus. You can choose Volcoms, or Cadets. Both end up in Sol, but the "pirate" mission chains end right there. All new missions assume you're FIGHTING TO RID OF PIRATES. What if you're anti-Jey and pro-iWhine? What if you're FOR the UrQa attacking "peaceful" people like Paxians? What if you don't like Earthforce being imperialistic and "teaching the natives like you into being civilized like them"?

Quote:
Well, get over it. You either play for the Red team or take a hike.

And thats why I see the other side is a good place to start for adding more immersion(and therefore getting addicted as well) to SS.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:01 am