Yes, x2 boss loot. 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Yes, x6 boss loot because DG's are group runs. 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
No 55%  55%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 20

Team: Immortal Silver
Main: Demon Sky
Level: 2683

Post DG Boss Loot
Ever notice trade chat is mostly "buying" and not "selling"?

Ever hear that DG's are meant for groups yet when you finally
get to the boss and kill it, only 1 or 2 useless items drop?

Trying to get one particular item from the very long drop list table?

Vote to change this and make things better! :wink:

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:20 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Post Re: DG Boss Loot
2088501 wrote:
Ever notice trade chat is mostly "buying" and not "selling"?

Ever hear that DG's are meant for groups yet when you finally
get to the boss and kill it, only 1 or 2 useless items drop?

Trying to get one particular item from the very long drop list table?

Vote to change this and make things better! :wink:

This is not the solution to the problems you are outlining; all this would do is destabilize the market massively and make DG loot cost a lot less and everything else cost a lot more.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:18 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Umm... No. I DGed for a year straight, and the drops are perfectly fine as they are. The problem is not the dgs, the problem is you.

And the reason why I don't post 'selling' in trade is because it would be a complete waste of time for the amount of loot people have. Plus, anything under a couple billion is not worth my time to trade to people, so most of the low level weapons that I have laying around in storage will just sit there until the end of days, or until a noobly alt needs something.

I'd rather give away shit for free than trade 1 item for 100m - 1b. Unless its bulk, bu that's just me.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:52 am
Team: Technomages
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 4290

Problem is the dg's to be honest. Some DF's are worthless and I would personally never dg if i didn't need damn augs to make modules and shit.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:08 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

The problem is the amount of money made DG'ing is nothing compared to what you can get by exploiting the colony system.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:35 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Griffin wrote:
The problem is the amount of money made DG'ing is nothing compared to what you can get by exploiting the colony system.

This was wrong the first time it was said, and continues to be wrong now. Apart from the actual credits the boss and AI drops (~50mil from a non-uber one) you make zero money from DGs. DGing profit is based almost exclusively on the market for loot items. The market for those items is driven by their rarity and utility. The main reason why DGing is not especially productive for the average player is that supply of DG loot is unlimited. There are no effective loot sinks.

This means that even though credits are pouring into the game every day from colonies, prices don't rise accordingly on most items. Consider the Gigantic Give and Take: one year ago, you could ask 10 bil for one. These days I've seen them go for 3 bil, despite the fact that the player base is probably at least a trillion credits richer. Obviously, there are just too many GGnTs floating around in the market and so people are paying less for them. On the other hand, reducing the drop rate on GGnTs wouldn't help DGers either, since fewer of them would even get one to sell. That is, there's a roughly fixed amount of money spent on DG items regardless of rarity, and their drop rate simply determines how many DGers get a share in the pot.

So the real objection is that colony money is not flowing as readily as some would like from its owners to those who make a living in other ways. Is this even true? I don't know too many players who simply stockpile trillions of credits; most of them hold steady at a few hundred billion (or less) and spend additional credits as they earn them. So I really don't know where the money's going. At any rate, your objection is all kinds of wrong.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:48 pm
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

If only... if only... the patch for the proper repair costs were added. This would be one credit sink that we would have again to balance the market, although arguably still not enough given what admins have said about the average cost of dying.

Back to the main point of DG loot, I agree with Mythical Transport. Stuff really isn't worth selling given this antique market system. In other games, I could just sit in the central trade hub, select all items, sell all, and get a supposed market's worth for them. Basically the trade tycoons redistributes the goods under a mass order, for a small cut usually, to bring the market to an equilibrium. In this scenario, % trade fees and listing fees in this process could provide a substantial number of micro-credit sink transaction that would help to keep the amount of credits in the game under control.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:26 pm
over 9000!

Exactly. I don't know why Jeff's against an auction-house system of some kind, but the idea has been shot down more times than I can count.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:42 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Dumb idea, drops from dg bosses are fine, all I see in this initial post is: I'm a carebear and I want devs to hold my hand. If you want dgs with more loots you should ask for some sort of dg implementation with like 15 levels and messed up amounts of ais (mixed so no one can solo it, and no zerk+shm combo can beat it).

And btw, DGs might be made for groups, but any class can solo any DG if you know how to properly play the class. Renders option 2 useless to plea for.

e.g. one level could have 2 omega platforms with 10 3xmf forgones, 2 vultures (or hawks) and something that pwns stealthy classes (seer ai of some sort which pwi after shooting or something).
boss level could be 5 omega platties, 2 GBs, 3 hawks and some stupid strong boss (although easier than a tank and spank boss, maybe like the GB boss).
Examples are useless in this reply but i fealt like pouring my creativity on mixes =).

Oh and the same could be said for lower end rare DGs for mid and low lvlers (might be good to put a lvl cap on lower end dgs so end gamers cant abuse them)

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:48 pm
over 9000!

Agreed. Mixed AI in levels would be awesome.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:53 pm

I just object to setting up a base and going offline in order to make money instead of actually playing the game.

The only way to make decent sums of money off of DG's is by grinding every minute of everyday, which is no fun.

Bottom line: Look at the people who have trillions of credits. Do you think they DG'ed for that money? No, obviously not. They built bases and extracted or exploited colonies. You cannot say that it all has to do with people stockpiling money instead of spending it.

Lord Nibbler had 44 colonies when I was on DM. By spending less than a week of preparing bases he could spend MONTHS doing nothing and make more than an active DG'er.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:32 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Griffin wrote:
I just object to setting up a base and going offline in order to make money instead of actually playing the game.

The only way to make decent sums of money off of DG's is by grinding every minute of everyday, which is no fun.

Bottom line: Look at the people who have trillions of credits. Do you think they DG'ed for that money? No, obviously not. They built bases and extracted or exploited colonies. You cannot say that it all has to do with people stockpiling money instead of spending it.

Lord Nibbler had 44 colonies when I was on DM. By spending less than a week of preparing bases he could spend MONTHS doing nothing and make more than an active DG'er.

And in that week he was working his ass off. You don't just set up colonies and watch them make money, it takes a good bit of work fine-tuning prices and fixing slave supply issues etc.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:11 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

That mixed AI idea is quite good. I think it would work, but there must be some way to prevent some annoying combinations, such as gammas(DPS, tanky)+basils(DPS, tanky)+sawXs(Grem, tanky) for my level. Possibly something like tiers, in that case, gammas and basils would be tier2-3, saws would be in the same tier(for the annoyance and theyr ability to make anyone who doesn't use 360 useless).
Or should i make a separate topic? or should reyja?

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:34 am

It is a lot of work. Boring work. Very boring work. It however does not justify making so much money.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:51 am
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

How do sawx's make someone who doesn't use 360 useless? All you have to do is shoot in combination with breaking. And eventually you kill em

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:56 am