Main: Oliver
Level: 388

Post Base "Classes", different types of drone. general thoughts.
I had an idea for some new features.
1).Instead of just having a base you can turn into anything, it might be pretty cool to have base classes like a fortress class base, which looks different and serves as a fortress i.e heavy armour, numerous weapons that can fire at the same time and stuff, it would be nice to have some obvious differences with bases, like how they look depending on there class/role.

2). Prehaps a fighter station/drone? kinda looks like a runway with a little control tower, and it deploys fighters which the player has to stock the fighter drone with so you can choose what kind of fighters the drone deploys?

3). "Lawless space" - an area of space where the galaxys have no rules concerning anything, bases can be built in any of the galaxys, warp nav 0 required so anyone can go in and fight anyone (have warning signs outside the the gate to lawless space warning people)

4). Asteroid bases - cool little bases built into asteroids could serve as mining bases or hidden caches?

5). Capital Ship broadsides - as a built in feature for capital ships (earth force ships) they could have left and right broadsides which do physical damage, and should have a loud powerfull ripple of bangs as they shoot, little flame effects coming from the side of the ship the broadsides were fired from.

6). Capital ships should be lumbering giants (turn slow, accelerate slow) this would be cool because it would really give a good feel of big battle-ship style ships. i never liked seeing efbc's spinning around super fast. :(

7). Drone bill boards - Kinda like the signs in the training gal back on 2d star sonata, so teams can warn people about things in the galaxys ahead, or leave messages.

thats about all i can think of right now, what do you guys think? =]

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:35 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

Post Re: Base "Classes", different types of drone. general thoughts.
Not to be mean or anything but...

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:26 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

hahaha stabbs exactly what i was thinking lol

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

I'm just wondering. If Capital Ships are only EF ships...then what hull class is yugi's Red Photon Carrier? And KC's Battle Sphere? And Hooch's Zeus Throne?

And the Paxian Battle Dreadnought? How about Brute Force? C'mon, pray adum what ship does Guardian flies?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:34 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
I'm just wondering. If Capital Ships are only EF ships...then what hull class is yugi's Red Photon Carrier? And KC's Battle Sphere? And Hooch's Zeus Throne?

And the Paxian Battle Dreadnought? How about Brute Force? C'mon, pray adum what ship does Guardian flies?

Not sure where that came from... (Just messing with ya, BC was saying that things like the battle sphere ARE slow and lumbering)
But, to answer the last question. The Guardian flys a base, that is not all.

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:40 pm
over 9000!

The guy wanted Broadside stuff for capital ships, which he said is Earthforce ships. So I named him a bunch of Non-EF capital ships.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:52 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
The guy wanted Broadside stuff for capital ships, which he said is Earthforce ships. So I named him a bunch of Non-EF capital ships.

Didn't say specifically but it was implyed I guess.
Ah. Indeed a battle sphere with a broadside... xD

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:56 pm
Main: Oliver
Level: 388

I don't know all the ships...

but what do you think about the ideas?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:05 am
over 9000!

1. Bases supposedly have a long time issue with their code in where the model and texture is hard if not impossible to change, all the while keeping the base from crashing the server or something.

2. Deployed Object needs a soul iirc, to launch fighters. Which would mean limited to ships.

3. "Lawless Space" exists. Tis called Wild Space. Bases outside Celestial Gardens are within the realm of P2p. Unable to pay for X months for P2p, tough cookie. If you wanted a place where pvp only was intended, bases will just be deployed and all hope of pvp will be gone as someone like Thermal deploys another 8 Kasa Quu's.

*Someone hides cache in belt*
*Set mining slaves/prospect area*
*No more base*

So, in a sense, no. Waste of time coding for little or no purpose when you just war a specific player and deploy a base, and as long as the base sees any assets (in pvp range) within 10k from it, the thing is dead. If a base is physically forced to be unable to see it, then owning galaxies is moot as bases have more power than seers' radars.

Ex.
I don't like Team A. I deploy a base into one of the random belts they have. They try to own galaxy. They cannot.

Just another form of griefing.

5. Earthforce Capital Ships are already balanced. What you are describing is a kind of Super Item, which would be an attempt to beef the ships. Which will cause the admins to nerf them in another place. Most likely the resists.

No, if you want "offensive" capital ships, better to support the topic with the Gunship suggestion for Gunners.

6. Capital ships, all of them, are in fact very heavy. It is up to person who augged them, to determine its agility. Equipping 2 Calypso+ augs is going to make a 50million weight dread spin like a top.

7. Admins already said they can't be assed to code that.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:49 am