over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Mercurian/FT Mercurian T20.
Alternative higher end T20 gear, compared to UZ gear. Finalized concept is intended for a more mobile team, a team without galaxies or uses a limited amount of bases at the T20 ship/aug mark.

1. Missions in Earthforce Sanctuary(depending on class) would convert Venu, Merc, and FT Merc gear into a specialized and neurobound version in exchange for gear, commods, and credits.

-Note: Missions would also exist for converting Venu into FT Venu, Venu into Merc, and Merc into FT Merc, Merc into Solarian, and Solarian into FT Solarian, preferably somewhere else like Celestial Gardens Outpost. These missions would require items and commods from sources that did not involve interacting with a base, but more or less, the effort to obtain the same gear would be the same as the BP requirements.

-Note: The commods are supposed to be from prospecting asteroid belts (trade skill), but if Prospecting is not finished, then standard exe commods can be used.

-Note: While Venu gear is not T20, it would still be possible to obtain specialized versions for T19. These Neo-Venu gear pieces would be good enough to assist in T20 ubers.

2. Obtaining a full set of the gear for your class(NB Venu, NB Merc, or NB Solarian) grants a Set Bonus, which is a series of stat boosts pertaining to your class. The percent boost would be 15, 20, 25, in the order of power and tech for each specialized set. Solarian is +25% on all affected stats.

-Note: if you're even missing one piece of the set's gear, you will not get any extra bonus.

-Note: Preferably, only a few classes would receive these missions.

3. Missions somewhere else would reward the player with a ship. Venu, Merc, and Solarian ships. These ships would add an extra % bonus, perhaps +5% to all the Bonus stats if you have the Gear Set, so obtaining them is ideal if you have like 5 of the 6 Merc, or Venu pieces.

Last edited by Battlecruiser23 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:43 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Post Re: Mercurian/FT Mercurian T20.
I prefer the idea of Solarian gear, which was promised? Meh, I think it is a good concept.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:47 am
over 9000!

Forgot to add the ships too.

And yes, Solarian is wanted and was hinted, though not promised. That would be step three in this chain of NB gear. They'd be T21.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:53 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Forgot to add the ships too.

And yes, Solarian is wanted and was hinted, though not promised. That would be step three in this chain of NB gear. They'd be T21.

Solarian should be added, not this. They're essentailly the same idea, but Solarian is just neater.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:22 am
over 9000!

Well, the point was a series of gear for those that cannot instantly jump up and kill Lion by Level 550 in groups of 3 or less, or those who would prefer to work alone and therefore, whatever reason be teamless.

Solarian was hinted by an actual dev, and denounced by Voomy as not promised. The dev in question never intended people to think his joke was actually some new content. And so, Solarian is the T21 series for my suggestion. However, since not everyone is like Thermal(MC) and was able to get p21 by level 1000 in their Izer(Sniper), Rosy(Zerk), Ward(ShM), BattleThatch(FC), and Astro(Engi) with low power t20 or pre t20 gear...

...I figured it'd be easier to implement T19 and T20 versions.

Maybe I'll do a little rework.

Edit: Yes. Forgot there is in fact FT Venu gear. Will edit OP on change.

Edit: Done.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:36 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Lord Runningclam
Level: 4185

i like the idea of rewarding the use of "sets" of gear - it is a good mechanic - lifted from other games- but a good mechanic nonetheless because it does encourage a bit more variety of use.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:19 am