Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Post Some form of mini-headquarters
Could be interesting to have a mini headquarters (2-4 per team or something) which would be an unattached base from which you could equip/unequip gear on StM kits in the same galaxy.

Would require officer+ and StM to lay/dock

Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:52 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Post Re: Some form of mini-headquarters
Yeah like an overview of all the bases in your galaxy with the ability to control every base in that gal. Would take up 1 base slot, and be t0.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 pm

it would be t20, take up regular amount of base slots. And probably require StM 20 or 25 to deploy/own.

Somehow you coudnt unequip gear but only swap with other base gear available on the StM kits in the galaxy.

The amount available for a team could also be an addition as a team skill (if it was ever implemented). e.g. each level gives you +1 combat-HQ slot.

They would also only work in owned galaxies, if the galaxy unowns you can still dock but not swap gear around.

Paxx, I take that as a trolling post and am not very happy about it.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:17 pm
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

How would that be a trolling post, I just think that there should be a control base that you can dock at and look at all your bases inventory's in overview to accurately see if there is a problem, and there should also be charts based on the efficiency of trade slaves and maybe a colony slot that shows all your colonies in overview, and the flow chart of its profitability.

The part where I was getting at was the control base itself shouldn't be able to equip weapons, just an energy bank, a shield charger, and a shield, and shouldn't take up more than 1 base slot.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:56 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

For the effort in coding that this would surely take, why not just make a whole new interface that lets you view and make certain modifications to bases remotely? I've always thought of this as more of an account-wide system but in principle it could apply to any base you have permissions to access.

I'm not certain whether the game should generate charts for you, but at least a slightly better data gathering system could be put in place so you have the information to do your own analysis.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:04 pm

paxiprime wrote:

The part where I was getting at was the control base itself shouldn't be able to equip weapons, just an energy bank, a shield charger, and a shield, and shouldn't take up more than 1 base slot.

The idea is to be able to switch any equipment and unequip/equip weapons, and it should take more than 1 slot, it's a pretty powerful concept.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:19 pm
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

I'd prefer that the first base deployed in a galaxy would be the 'HQ' base. Its a quality of life feature and as such shouldn't punish imo.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:13 pm
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

thebattler35 wrote:
I'd prefer that the first base deployed in a galaxy would be the 'HQ' base. Its a quality of life feature and as such shouldn't punish imo.

I'd rather have this be the function of an item. Equip your *w/e it's called* on a base and it's now the hub of your galaxy.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:07 am
Team: Traders
Main: Bonehead
Level: 2447

reyjalrmm wrote:
Could be interesting to have a mini headquarters (2-4 per team or something) which would be an unattached base from which you could equip/unequip gear on StM kits in the same galaxy.

Would require officer+ and StM to lay/dock

And for the graphic use a great big bullseye. Moooooooooo

As I understand this IF it is implemented it would be the main target for any invaders trying to take out your gal.

Would you mind explaining why you want this and what purpose it fills? (Personally, at this time, I just don't see a need.)

On the other hand a Galaxy Coordinator Base that adds offense and defense to a gal would be something I'd like to see.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:36 am
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Bonecrusher wrote:
Would you mind explaining why you want this and what purpose it fills? (Personally, at this time, I just don't see a need.)

It makes administrating a galaxy of bases much quicker. Being able to work with bases remotely rather than travelling sometimes over 7k to unequip a healer or change a colony price.

On the other hand a Galaxy Coordinator Base that adds offense and defense to a gal would be something I'd like to see.

Bases don't need to be stronger.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:13 pm
Main: KC trades
Level: 5

thebattler35 wrote:
Bonecrusher wrote:

It makes administrating a galaxy of bases much quicker. Being able to work with bases remotely rather than travelling sometimes over 7k to unequip a healer or change a colony price.

Bases don't need to be stronger.

this post reply comes from a nooob!!!!

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:04 pm