Main: mitchell is cool
Level: 1619

Post Character re-name cost.
Currently a re-name for a char costs $20. I propose you equal this to item-forming of a ship which is $10.

I see no reason to pay extra, you could say "it would be exploited and people will re-name all the time" sure they could. Admins also have the power and the right to tell people who they are.

Item forming takes longer than a name change I believe(Correct me if I'm wrong) so why is it double the cost?

Fallen- wrote:
MONEY MONEY MONEY BANNANA ?

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:25 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: ahileus
Level: 3759

Post Re: Character re-name cost.
I would increase it to 25$.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:09 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6430

mitchell888 wrote:
Currently a re-name for a char costs $20. I propose you equal this to item-forming of a ship which is $10.

I see no reason to pay extra, you could say "it would be exploited and people will re-name all the time" sure they could. Admins also have the power and the right to tell people who they are.

Item forming takes longer than a name change I believe(Correct me if I'm wrong) so why is it double the cost?

I have no problem with it costing people $20. Admins made it available and said it will cost that much, because they have to individually change the name. I am sure it is not as simple as it sounds since there's database stuff they have to work with.

If you cant afford $20 you certainly shouldn't be paying for SS every month ($10) since your tight budget probably has stuff a little higher on the priorities list.

Personally I think it should be removed. Too many pirates and jackasses changing names just to sneak by. Or perhaps you should be able to view the persons profile and see all the alts and current/past names.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:12 am

saran wrote:
mitchell888 wrote:

I have no problem with it costing people $20. Admins made it available and said it will cost that much, because they have to individually change the name. I am sure it is not as simple as it sounds since there's database stuff they have to work with.

If you cant afford $20 you certainly shouldn't be paying for SS every month ($10) since your tight budget probably has stuff a little higher on the priorities list.

Personally I think it should be removed. Too many pirates and jackasses changing names just to sneak by. Or perhaps you should be able to view the persons profile and see all the alts and current/past names.

First of all, it takes MORE work to item-form a ship (Ask Bageese to confirm).

Secondly, this isn't at all about finances, I just personally cannot see the reason for it to cost $20 when item-forming takes longer and more work.

Fallen- wrote:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:56 am
Dev Team
Main: Xipe Totec
Level: 2

It is to discourage scammers from rapidly changing names an such. The type of person that scams isn't usually the type of person willing to spend $20 for another week of asshattery. Also it keeps the volume of name changes down. The names linked to the old names will never be published publicly because name changes can be used to avoid bullying and get a new start. We are not going to hinder that.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:25 am

Feathers wrote:
It is to discourage scammers from rapidly changing names an such. The type of person that scams isn't usually the type of person willing to spend $20 for another week of asshattery. Also it keeps the volume of name changes down. The names linked to the old names will never be published publicly because name changes can be used to avoid bullying and get a new start. We are not going to hinder that.

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification!

Fallen- wrote:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:29 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Feathers wrote:

That sure didnt help shadowblade/FD since the ticket was publicly shown after DP managed to get the ticket.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:55 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

I have some pretty retarded character names because I was about 10 when I made the account. Eventually I'll get my alt names changed, maybe even have Stabberz changed as well.

By the way, is it per character name? Or is it per account? I'd rather not blow $60 on pixels that barely matter.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:00 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Griffin wrote:
I have some pretty retarded character names because I was about 10 when I made the account. Eventually I'll get my alt names changed, maybe even have Stabberz changed as well.

By the way, is it per character name? Or is it per account? I'd rather not blow $60 on pixels that barely matter.

Yep 60$ on useless pixels

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:08 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

Ugh.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:10 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Quote:

I would suggest increasing the price of item-forming ships to $20 instead, knowing how extremely popular this is I would say we made it much too cheap.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:30 pm
Main: Bastamental
Level: 3586

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:

I would suggest increasing the price of item-forming ships to $20 instead, knowing how extremely popular this is I would say we made it much too cheap.

I thought it was 20$ and said no. Now that I know its 10$, there is a 90% chance I will be using your services.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:47 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

What if there's some compromise, I mean $20 seems fine for 1 character to change name, but then $100 for all 5 names (you must've done a terrible job naming them) seems a bit overpriced. Why not make it something like $50 for a full account all names changed?

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:12 pm