Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Main: KC trades
Level: 5

Post Re: 01/07 - Content Fixes/Unbalance/Minor Tweaks (REVIVED)
why not make a new balance sheet, its quite obviouse that there wasnt a big bunch included, concenring the current changes one might think nothing is included anymore anyways.

Just for fun i put some questionable things on the agenda:

unbalanced:

Rose Aug:
The original statement was that its dmg boost and hostility utility options would exceed the great nerf in shield bank and makes it usefull. Well with all the new augs lately added that give hostility i highly doubt thats a argument anymore, besides a upgraded rose aug would be cool.

Zobitan Beam:
I still doubt there is any reason for them to be neurobound, except you did not want us to use zobitan slaves anymore, then i would understand it.
Same counts for forgone laser etc. (there was once a original suggestions to reduce the turn nerf to 75% like it was done in one uni, dunno why u screwed it totally over now, AI is still piss anoying, wild slaves are useless..)

Zombie Bite (Tweak):
The higher tech version of a Werewolf Bite(or was it Vampire Bite), similar drope rate due to empirical evidence, but its t20 and still its t15 counterpart is perfectly superior to it.

minor tweak:

Voltage and Ampage Ships:
Are the T4 ampage ships still flying arround wiht t6 voltage engine, while the Voltage t9 ship uses a t4 arrow zest

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:39 am
Main: None
Level: 0

Post Re: AEM's Content Fixes/Unbalance/Minor Tweaks (REVIVED)
Wattage Capacitors & inertia - Need good argument.

Argument:
A Wise Man wrote:
This is because concussions and inertia dampeners were introduced after the Wattage had its Watt Capacitor inbuilt, and therefore it is one of the only ships in game that gets an unfair disadvantage like nothing else in certain zones. Many people wish to even replace the current capacitor for a regular Ono Energy Capacitor V* because it would be better!

Engine smoke trails in general - Can someone iterate to what this means?

- Some of the stealthiest engines, like Qua Vazuk, leaves a huge smoke trail, which looks terrible, while some of the most visible engines like Fission Thrust ends up leaving... almost nothing but a small green flash!

And here are some more, just supporting those who took my notes (KC! :P)

1. Wild Slaves have had a huge nerf to them. Several of them with inbuilt weapons, neuro bound weapons and Forgone lasers will loose these weapons when you turn them into Wild Slaves, rendering them useless. Who needs a Sawtooth X when it has no weapons at all?

2. Racer Augmenters are useless. Demented Racer and Adamanturized Racer shows it nicely, they are completely useless because other cheaper versions does the same even better. Make them really a racer augmenter. High speed, high thrust. A bit like the Monkey version, just give it way, way more speed.

3. Barricade Augmenters aren't used. In 99% of the cases a base runs on shield regen only, and does not need any energy recharge at all. Give Barricade transference efficiency, transference power, and shield regen bonus.

4. Siege Augmenters aren't used. Who needs energy bank, make this one into a combination of damage and electrical tempering instead!

5. Several freemium missions are still crippled for every moment that von Mises stays premium only. Change it already, or does it take 30 people nagging the forums for half a year to get it fixed?

I'll come back when I have more, hope it helps and gets worked on, else-wise I'll just don't bother posting :p

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:25 am
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

<Because they were balanced when SP costs were different>
Aptitude and Prowess augs shouldn't require class skills equal to tech level, because realistically people at Piloting 10 don't have ShM 10, and people at piloting 15 don't have ShM 15. Recommend reducing the requirements to 5-7 for aptitude, 10-12 for prowess.

One could argue Mastery augs should be reduced also, since they're mostly entry-level augs (reccomend reducing to 15-18), but some of them are really quite good too and appear in high level setups, so I'm not as adamant about this one.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:55 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Adamantiumized Invigorating Aug improves Demented Invigorating Aug by -7% elec tempering. I'm frankly not aware of any modern setup that would use a Demented Invig, but even if one exists, I am pretty sure it wouldn't be firing weapons. In other words, there is no modern setup using Demented Invig that would benefit from an extra -7% elec temp. It's about as useful as giving a Berserker-locked augmenter transference power.

Furthermore, any setup that actually needs heavy elec support for firing weapons would be much better served by an Arsonist's or Wattage aug.

In fact, I've noticed that Ada Rage and Patrol are the only ones that provide a significant upgrade to their Demented counterparts. For example, the resistance bonus on Ada Defensive could use another look considering the number of high resistance augmenters (even below T21) that have now materialized.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:18 pm

i would really suggest leaving the " sint actually used" asside, for 2 reasons, i use often setups with gear most people wouldnt consider, and i personally thereofre appreciate the variance. And as second reason, i think there is enouhg stuff out there where we can find stuff that is useless, because 1: there strick superior items, and 2: stuff that was undervalued / differntly obtained etc.

to pick a example:

" Executive Conductor ": T16 build! aura gen ; +150% energy bank that is sitting half way between a AI abse /ruin bought lower version, and some way to easly obtained higher tech versions.
Yes their % fits the chain, but not the method how tis aquired. 4bil cost for a T16 aura gen!!!!

Well to explain how id would like it to look like, there is actually 1 Build Aura that works:

" Psychic Foresight ": also build but gives a seldome opportunity to access a +EXP aura.

And yes "Psychic Foresight" is alos abrely used, but who cares, its interresting to have the opportunity to use it once you want to.

To sum it up:

Fix all T15-t16 BUILD Aura Gens Beef+Adjust; all but the seer one that one is cool

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:26 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I agree that not being used currently is not necessarily the best or only reason to change the stats of something. However, it's obvious that content devs should create content with an eye towards what could be useful; otherwise they could just write a little random number generator and make their content with that. Note that I am not proposing to replace the energy bank bonus on the Invigorating augmenters with something else, even though the modern trend is to eschew energy bank augging almost completely. That is an essential part of the theme of the augs. On the other hand, I am pointing out a fundamental flaw in the design of Ada Invig: it's superseded by other augmenters for the purpose of firing weapons, and yet its only bonus over Demented Invig is elec tempering.

By the way, I used Psychic Foresight a few unis ago to get a great many levels.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:40 pm

minor Tweak:

"composite" .. absolutely underproportional in value compared with other mods, but since you wanted to have a passiv boni rather then a active, how about (if codable) let it reduce the repair cost of the item / repair cost in general ?
(via item value preferable so that the credit droped are scaled accordingly)

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:47 am

unbalanced:
Unt Fwing still has a MagIV superitem (same dmg etc as the wing IV)
this is not only outdated (wing V travel ship has Mag V superitem) but also unappropriate, its cool to havea DPS superitem on non offensive LF ships i guess, but on a endgame LF its kinda useless.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:31 am
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

Post Re: Content Fixes/Unbalance/Minor Tweaks (REVIVED)
WCOA/+ Aug has 6 negative stats and 5 positive. (counting +tempering as negative, obviously) What isn't obvious is that the tracking nerf is the worst of these stats and the only reason I would never use it. So far as I know only a handful of people have ever used it, and none currently do.

My advice: Flip that -tracking to +tracking and suddenly it becomes an interesting SD or speedy gunner aug.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:18 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Non-FC Capital Aura Generators are for the most part stupid and not worth making a ship built around them. The T15 versions have absurd build costs for their tech and stats. The only one I'd seriously consider is the T15 Seer Aura.

Suggest beefing the adding special bonuses that affect both allies and self. Such as +50% Trans Range for the Engineer T15 Aura to allies and +20% Def Ops to self.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:29 pm
Main: None
Level: 0

Icepicks. They have way more shields than their multifiring brotherpart, and due to using a high bank shield they will get insane shield banks when they spawn with a shield augmenter. In comparison to forgones that doesn't. So I wish you could make Icepicks have less shields, then I feel they will be more balanced.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:57 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Red Photon Carrier (FC ship) is much worse than other RP ships. Shield monkey and engineer ships have additional superitem and gunner ship got a beef recently (it was better than RP carrier even before beef in my opinion).

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:13 am

unbalanced:
missing aug slots:

-WingIV:
is missing a 3rd aug slot. (in fact i recall Jeff mentioning he wanted to fix that)

-SuperPhunka:
is missing at elast a second aug slot, even as little misison trophy ship its not along the line with any other T17(AncinetScout beef)-T21(Zebu Titan) ship /or change that happened over last 1 year.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:52 am

unbalanced:
Gigantic GigoLaser:
Lots of the Giga chain are underpowered. dunno why that size increase is so relatively weak in tis effect,
But the Giga Gigo Laser is a joke, it is build out of several Giga intermediat builds, its itself 1667 in size, and support focus locked, still compared with some endgame lasers crappy DPE for a DPS focused weapon with medium range. compared to other end of the chain builds.
Ive not to mention noone uses them.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:21 am
Main: Obesity
Level: 2249

(Seer) Prog Cylinder. The grem effect is so short that it barely does anything, while it has less dps and range than what it's supposed to be "upgraded" from.

(Seer-ish) Bule Obscuration cloaks (and possibly Titan Cloak(+) too). Obscure sizes from 159-289. Doubt that anyone uses these except for ai.

Fine tuned items. Are they supposed to INCREASE in weight on par with the normal items?

Hermes Radar/Ares Radar. These two radars are basically the same stats-wise except for the inbuilt bonus. As a seer i would love to see one of them being brought down to the same visibility stats as other viable seer radars that has around 5-10 vis instead of having to identical radars with 28 vis.

(Seer) Neurobound weapons from missions. This has been posted many times, but I still want to give it the love it needs. Can these missions be made repeatable? I don't know of any other class that has a weapon made for that specific class that they can't get several of.

(Seer) Christmas Spirit. Funny ship indeed. But nowhere near viable as a seer ship because it has 3 aug slots and inbuilt bonuses instead of a 4th. Also it probably has the worst resists for a t20 ship (beats the super phunka by far).

V

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:32 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next