Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Post Content Fixes/Unbalance/Minor Tweaks
I'm reviving this, because it seemed like a good idea and there are things to go over, I'll also periodically sift through and remove any 'non-beneficial'/old/unneeded posts to keep the topic tidy and compact. Please note this is content ONLY, code changes do not belong here, and those posts will just be removed (or the sections of).

Trimmed 'non-beneficial' posts.
Updated lists from old posts.
Removed date, it seemed redundant.

The actual post:

To make this easier, please post minor suggestions on content that's:

• Broken / not working as intended.
Good Example: "<Engine X> weighs 1,000,000 and isn't offset via thrust"
Bad Example: "My FC can't use Gunner locked missiles"

• Unbalanced, or comes from an era when classes were different, etc.
Good Example: "<Weapon X> was made when class skills were much easier to get, and no-one will use it now because of the level required"
Bad Example: "My class X isn't as good as class Y, we should get +100% damage on <Augmenter Z>"

• Minor tweaks to content / gear.
Good Example: "Spawners in <system> are very slow; could we get them increased please?"
BadExample : "I'd like +50% damage on the Art of Stealth please, we're so nerf without it!!"

To also makes this easier, please don't post suggestions that's:
  • In any way code related.
Bad Example: "We should be able to manually sort our docked ship list in stations."

• UI related.
Bad Example: "I want a widget to display my current Sniper Analysis charge level."

• Big changes in content
Bad Example: "I think a new area, off galaxy X which has a new race called the Y, there should be the following missions and following items to obtain from this new zone."

Please format your input in this manner:

<Class of complaint>: <item> <problem> <brief (100 word or less) reason> <location if required>

e.g.

1: UZ Rhinos now have 10k range. Not sure what happened, but it looks like aura tweaks went wild, and all rhinos in Vizir got 10k range.

As they come in, I'll keep them in nice lists of Done, Pending dev discussion/to be done, Not done, Working as Intended(tm) and Needs revisiting.

Thanks! For anything that's not covered under those three, please keep making individual threads.

The Lists
Done:
  • Equalaugmenter fix.
  • Pick / Astro Aug upgrades.
  • Hawk inbuilts/stats.
  • Vazaha Prototype inbuilt dampener weight issues - AEM reduced this to 50k from 500k a few months ago.
  • Prognosticator Cylinder - Made AI only version to not beef them, new DPS is 185.2 (111 damage, 1.2 recoil), increased gremlin time to 500ms.
  • Re-Jiggling of the Hermes radar(s).
  • Christmas Spirit isn't that great, could use a bit of a beef.
  • von Mises Premium docking lock.
  • Deflector/Reflector Paxian mission target scan sob thing.
  • Removed Freighter lock from the Master Chain Transfers and beefed some (at cost of larger size).
  • Beefed Motorway and Autobahn drone auras.
  • Linking pax mission for missions in the hidden station.
  • Beefed Docking Scoops' docking bonus
  • Aptitude Class Augmenter skill requirement (reduced to 5 from 10)
  • Infernal Darkness drops - ID bosses drop very little loot, drop nothing a lot.
  • Rose Augmenter - upgrade/beef.

Pending dev discussion/to be done:
  • Fleet Commander aspects - Fighters, Wild Slaves and auras (this is quite a class rebalance, but I'm putting it here so players are aware it's under consideration)
  • Drones - Various issues, slowly being worked on.
  • Wild AI (lack of, gaps, balance, etc) - Being worked on.
  • Bule Saudaron - Underpowered for cost.
  • Mad Scientist Aug change - MS aug is rather underpowered for it's source location.
  • Zombie Bite/Bite tweak series - T15 one is better/more useful than T20 one.
  • Armada Ship Scanner high energy cost - I think this is a general trait with scanners and could probably do with a reduction.
  • Olympus Expanders - Some higher tier expanders have pathetic bonuses compared to the lower tiers.
  • Seige, Barricade and Racer augmenters - Either non-useful stats, or outperformed by other augmenters.
  • Oracle items (those that tell you your XP to next level) are completely pointless.
  • Mzungu Disk - It's sucky and only has one weapon slot (used).
  • Skill levels on Prowess class augmenters.
  • Jiggle with the following ships:
    Mzungu Acolyte
    Ampage
    Space Blue Hunter
    Space Blue Alpha Advanced x1
    Pretty Boy
    Pretty Girl
    Astrodust
    Oversized Wingship
    Absolution
    Voltage
    Buccaneer's Cruiser
    NCC-Special
    Oversized Tortoise
  • Seer Fire weapon series - 50% radar tweak, conflicts with heat crit
  • Kill count on Drops for S90 mish/num Drops
  • Vorian the Rouge - Low vis
  • Those annoying tag testing items
  • Platform Augmenters - They suck
  • Crystalline Shield - high vis

Working as intended:
  • Hawk Augmenter stats/build cost.
  • No repeating missions for the Crystalline Reserve energies.
  • Rewards from daily Olympus missions.
  • Space Blue Hunter energy? : Note - AEM fixed this a long time ago, it never broke.
  • Wattage Capacitors & inertia.
  • Delquadrikamdon.
  • Bule Obscuration cloak series size.

Not done:
  • Specialized trade goods missions that reward you with gold dubloons repeatable - Precursor done this a while ago but needs to be tested and committed.
  • PSS graphic change - It's visage is the same as impulse, the default for projectiles - Only difference is particles? Not sure what was wanted here anyway.

Needs revisiting:
  • Adv Concussion Mine bugged - Is this still an issue?
  • Lion Rocket Stealth - Is this still an issue?
  • OS Rosfire Superitems - will be updated soon?? - Can someone confirm if what was said would happen has happened (or know what was supposed to happen)
  • Engine smoke trails - Some are too visible/bad - Backburner till we have better emitter systems

Would people please check over the needs revisiting list for why/if things still need to be fixed or done.

Support

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:20 pm
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

Post Re: 29/04/12 ~~ Content Fixes / Unbalance / Minor Tweaks thread.
The Bule Saudaron has been unbalanced (weak) for a long time. It costs a large amount to extract, and has less aug slots than ships of equivalent tech. In addition, its inbuilt weapon was changed when fires were added, and has been very sub-par ever since.

Some minor tweaks to its stats to make it more desirable would not be uncalled for.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:19 am
Main: Bad at Games
Level: 4250

Post Re: 29/03/12 ~~ Content Fixes / Unbalance / Minor Tweaks thread.
Seer, Adv. Concussion Mine, The grem effect from this mine seems a little buggy. Some times it last 10minutes and other times it lasts 2 seconds.

Seer(soughta), Qua Vazuk, Simply put the graphic is hideous. Less smoke comes out of a Steam train. I remember it having no graphic in c1.

Seer(soughta), Lion V2 Rocket, Basically the same as the Qua Vazuk reason, The graphic for it is really high visibility now. Before in C1 it was near on impossible to spot. Which worked out pretty balanced given how slow the projectile and how bad the tracking is.

Thats all for now, awesome topic btw.

We can code an exception for BaG. I'll let Jey know.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:53 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

3) Minor tweaks to content/gear

Mad Scientist augs are useless. They are dropped from an uber, and therefore should have a decent amount of power like the Albatross aug.

Pick and Astralogica augs could have some potential if Picks and Astra's were given upgraded aug BP's. E.g. Drill and Astrologica augmenter blueprints.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:40 pm

The Mzungu Disk has been negatively unbalanced for a long time. Because it only has one weapons slot, and only has one weapon, it makes it incapable of killing enemies that are resistant to that damage type. They could use a little beef.

Adding an extra weapon slot would really help.

Evidence: I made a fleet of them for my low level FC, just to see how it would work. Even with very decent gear, the inherent limitations of the ship made them essentially useless, both for their limited DPS and their limited tankiness. Plus, if you run into a basil you die. (90% rad resist, what?)

EDIT: WEAPON slot. WEAPON slot. sigh, /facepalm. Just what we need...a tech 5 ship with 6 aug slots.../sigh

landswimmer wrote:

Last edited by Cygnus on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Post Re: 29/03/12 ~~ Content Fixes / Unbalance / Minor Tweaks thr
I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but the Bule Abadi Spectre missed out on the standard Sidhe inbuilt bonuses when it was created, or when augs were changed to inbuilt bonuses. Giving it the standard inbuilt bonuses would go a long ways towards making it a useful sniper ship.

In addition, the inbuilt weapon doesn't work. It simply will not fire.

Edit: wow, lots of fail when I first posted this. Yes, Spectre, not Sidhe. /sigh.

landswimmer wrote:

Last edited by Cygnus on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:06 pm

The Oversized rosfire is 3 techs above it's normal counterpart, but has an identical inbuilt device. I talked to a dev about this some time ago and they said they would change it, because they were not aware it was higher tech when the device was added, but it was never changed.

landswimmer wrote:

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:13 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Cygnus wrote:
I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but the Bule Abadi Spectre missed out on the Bule Super Sidhe inbuilt bonuses when it was created, or when augs were changed to inbuilt bonuses. Giving it the standard inbuilt bonuses would go a long ways towards making it a useful sniper ship.

In addition, the inbuilt weapon doesn't work. It simply will not fire.

Fixed. The BAS is the only one with a weapon, lacks the BSS' terror aug, and is in generally a very shitty ship. In the form of resists, weapon slots, and the skill required to use it.

I think you had the ONLY one that was shipform.

List:

The Bule Abadi Spectre has:

- Poor Resists. 10% to all but mining, which is 0%. This very low for a T19 ship, even a T19 stealth ship. Could they be increased to 25%-30% across the board?

- Inbuilt weapon won't fire, as said by Spammer. It also is not very useful in PvAI since most AI's at the level you'd go up against have enough radar to not be affected, much. Could this be changed to a SSS that does an AoE damage and debuff effect similar to the Pos Wave's Tsunami Device?

- Inbuilt stats are very subpar. It is essentially a T19 Bule Super Sidhe, yet lacks any of the inbuilt Terror Aug Bonuses from the T16 ship. Could they be added alongside the above two suggestions?

Last edited by Max235 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 am
Main: Bastamental
Level: 3586

Mines are highly visible due to reflectivity, like in sol. An average person can see them from 800 away, flag and everything. So im guessing remove reflectivity, or visibility.

As for the damage of the drones. I dont care much if flash,grem or concussion do much damage, but for the claymores, I am pretty disappointed with the damage it does. Even with my super damage controller, 3x claymores perfectly hitting dosent do as much damage as anybody would have anticipated. They are pretty hard to place/get a good hit, so if the damage was increased, it wouldn't be OP.

Also, getting an aggro in colo is very stupid. You need to shoot the slave or drones to get them to attack. So can we just have it, so if the main person is poked/tractored they get aggroed?

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:24 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Wingship IV(+)

Has only 2 augmenter slots. WS III and WS V have 3 augmenter slots.

Suggest nerfing the speed a bit for the third slot.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:46 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

Lyceum-bought factories used for making modules

Due to the recent change/fix to factories (so that on equip they don't immediately produce 2x the described amount, but rather you have to wait for the described time before they produce the described amount), it has become more apparent to me that the time they take to produce items is unnecessarily long. I don't see any real reason why higher tech factories should produce items any slower than the lower tech factories. Longer waiting times do not increase difficulty, but rather they simply make using them more annoying.

I suggest reducing the time on all module factories to 10 minutes.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:59 am
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

Minor tweak to content:
Two things:
Emphatic Mother has two unique drops and drops a little random dg loot. Its pathetic and no1 bothers to kill her unless they do the cheap way, which brings us to tweak #2

Give Emp Mom some sort of weapon to foil those snipers who solo it using blazing hammer sitting on the warp afk.

So, to recap: make emp mom worth doing and not afk-able.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:36 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Invigorating Augmenters (Aphro, dio) needs a bit of elec temper to make it competitive to other elec augs.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:00 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: Devil'sEye
Level: 5406

Post Re: 01/07 - Content Fixes/Unbalance/Minor Tweaks (REVIVED)
1. Armada Ambush Mine's visibility needs to get sorted. Dunno why a drone made for ambushing purposes should be visible to everyone...

2. Bloodstained Ares Expander needs tweaking or buffing.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52517
I ain't tryna make my point just by advertising my topic, but just wanted to show that there has already been a topic about this if you're not aware of.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:31 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

Post Re: 01/07 - Content Fixes/Unbalance/Minor Tweaks (REVIVED)
Minor Tweak:
Armada Shipscanner takes 10k energy to charge, which seems excessive. Suggest reducing that amount.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:39 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next