Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
Team: Void
Main: Uhmari
Level: 430

Post Re: Content Fixes/Unbalance/Minor Tweaks
Quote:
Definitely not a minor change in scope of this topic.

Go in the database and change the value from 2 to 0.10 or some such nonsense.
Why in the world is there an energy charge on the s-regen anyways?

I'm curious to see the metrics for this game; I think i would rofl
at the fact that the majority of items in the game are not used,
or are only used by end-game players. Such horrid in-balance.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:55 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

uhmari wrote:

or are only used by end-game players. Such horrid imbalance.

He didn't say it was difficult to do, he said it would be more than a minor change in terms of how it affects current gameplay balance.

Being able to power all of your ship's systems like weapons, shields, chargers etc. is an important factor when creating a build.

Your idea is that shields magically regenerate without power for what reason? You don't like that you run out of elec? Let's change the game instead of adapting the way we play! Yay!

Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:58 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

uhmari wrote:
Quote:
Definitely not a minor change in scope of this topic.

or are only used by end-game players. Such horrid in-balance.

This is a massive change in terms of gameplay and this conversation doesn't belong in this topic.

Please stop now.

Support

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:08 am
Team: Void
Main: Uhmari
Level: 430

Problem: When loading a massive ship into a smaller ship... Wait, Does that make any sense?... anyways... it becomes insanely retarded to try to travel from a player base to a docking point under such conditions.

Recommendation: Fix the ships so they dont have full mass when packed.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:16 am
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: Vorporal
Level: 5483

No....why?

You just suggested a totally pointless idea. Massively heavy items will remain heavy when reduced in size but not mass.....kindly accept the intuitive physics/logic behind that statement. Games aren't designed to pander to the player in all things for damn good reason.

As you will find with this game at every turn it provides a CHALLENGE to be OVERCOME not an imbalance to be changed. If you have a 'heavy thing' you can find a way to make it lighter (and there is 4 I can think of off the top of my head) or get a more powerful engine to deal with the extra weight. If you take anything away from this make it that the value behind an 'achievement' isent the result itself its the fact that you had to work for it. If the devs handed players easy wins in all such things the game would give you no reason to play.

Vorp

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:11 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

uhmari wrote:
Problem: When loading a massive ship into a smaller ship... Wait, Does that make any sense?... anyways... it becomes insanely retarded to try to travel from a player base to a docking point under such conditions.

Recommendation: Fix the ships so they dont have full mass when packed.

This is change we made a few years ago when we decided to make all ships the same size (100) when they're an item instead of various sizes. When we made the change we made ships heavier to give the feeling that you're actually carrying a ship.

This is a bit beyond scope of the idea of the topic again.

Support

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:46 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Achilles Energybank has a 10 maximum workforce and 50,000 manhours. No other standard Achilles gear has a maximum workforce, they all have 1,600,000 manhour requirement. This should be brought into line to keep the consistency. While we're at it, tweak the blueprint so it requires a Titan Energy.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:03 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Holochart defragmenter for the tortuga mission needs station management 6 to use, for somehting that will probably never be used on/or for a station, wouldnt equipment be a better fit?

Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:55 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Unstable Cores can't be put into locker. No reason they shouldn't be able to.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:43 am
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Maybe beef the Fizzler weapon, or the low tech drones that use it. It has like 100 range and most AI just circle out of range. Quite useless.

Also Mobile Pest Drones cost more to repair then they do to buy a new one.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:46 am

Can we get the Sort functions fixed? AI bases, Player Shops, Skill Menus, all out of whack.

Sorting by Level or Price is always wrong.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:57 am

AI levels need looked at.

Guardian of the Lyceum is the same level as a Big Green.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:17 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

Rebalancing FC show be on top of the to do list. You can start by cutting the resist and DPS of wild slaves by 20% that will fix FC and make it fair

Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:33 pm
Main: Maxsim Goratiev
Level: 1338

Badgerlost wrote:
Rebalancing FC show be on top of the to do list. You can start by cutting the resist and DPS of wild slaves by 20% that will fix FC and make it fair

Make it fair? You do realize FC is meant to be the most powerful face to face fighting class, its got a whole fleet to command... Tts only useful in the first fight, after that, if it dies it cannot fight again until it can recapture more wild slaves, that's quite a big thing to consider you know, the fact that the class can only properly fight one time, while everyone else can just hop back into their ship and go at it again.
DPS wise FC is not and nor is close to the top anyway nor is it the best in the pvp and its by far one of the worst classes to pvb with. Lets put a bit of maths into this, shall we? Each bigger does 11.5-14k dps 12.75k dps average. (That is only for a short burst until it runs out of elec and of course that is only if ALL the 3 pulses hit). The most end game FC has 5 of these so 12.75k*5 = 63.75k. Then the FC has his own T20 slaves which at very end game add 16.6k dps (Whose elec also runs out). 63.75+16.6*2= 97.07k dps for the most high end FC. This is all with the damage aura of course.

Here we have the most end game FC doing 97k dps. Lets take another class for instance, a sniper. Most end game sniper will have over 200k dps and have more than 300k shields with ranges that.. well exceed that of the FC... some even exceed bases...
My point is, you have one sniper that does more than double the dps that of FC, can use afterburners to get away from the FC and can kill it over long range in mere seconds.

But yes, the FC can use his amp... but.. wait.. can't the sniper just use a couple of adv blockers, pwi and then some tweaks to increase his dps? Yes it will cost the sniper like 30mil of tweaks but.. wait now the FC is basically useless, the FC has to go cap more biggers, repair himself and his slaves which is already about 100m. Oh but if he uses fighters, such as Lice that's over a bill already. I mean 500m per lice who are one shot even with the most simple of the weapons for the sniper.

So yes, lets make it fair, lets leave the class that looses less, is less annoying to play, and is far more useful in pvp and runs with the highest dps in game and lets focus on those Fleet Commanders who dare to stand up to the original Shm+Sniper duo, who dare be what they were originally intended to be and lets nerf them because my ShM cant outheal my stationary prawn with the space bar pressed in that I mc while he uses his amp. Genious.

While I do agree that the FC class needs a rebalance but only where the overall DPS output/power of the class remains the same. What I mean is, that the power of Biggers in comparison to the power of RC20 slaves is not where it should be. Biggers compose around 65% of the FC's current DPS and are just as tanky. I recommend shifting that in favor of the RC20 slaves. Reduce the wildslave bonuses from 3% to 2% and increase combat slave bonuses to 2.5% from 1.5%.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Maxsim goratiev wrote:
Make it fair? You do realize FC is meant to be the most powerful face to face fighting class

Citation please

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:51 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next