Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Re: Content Fixes/Unbalance/Minor Tweaks
slumber wrote:
Also, Suqqa Uj'qii fighters have terrible ROF even with full energy bank, they redefine what it means to suck.

They actually have good rate of fire. They seem to use a really weak energy, though. I tested them when the smooth elect drain was originally introduced, and they got off two shots before running dry, relenting to a pitiful one shot every 3 seconds until the enemy was dead.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:37 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

I recently launched 4 Uj'Qii fighters at a maggot. They failed to kill it.
Then I sent 1 paxian pacifier, it oneshotted the maggot.
I thought they're supposed to be at least remotely similar in power?
The Uj'Qii fighters are weaker than chihuahuas atm(for whatever reason).

Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Paxian Pacifier is a tier2 fighter.
UrQa Ujqii is a tier1 fighter.

Control Group: St. Bernard.
St. Bernard is a tier2 fighter.

Though, the Juju-fighter (tier2) is pretty bad itself, and the tier3 is weird.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:48 pm
Team: Aero
Main: Lost-Lord
Level: 1426

Max235 wrote:
They actually have good rate of fire. They seem to use a really weak energy, though. I tested them when the smooth elect drain was originally introduced, and they got off two shots before running dry, relenting to a pitiful one shot every 3 seconds until the enemy was dead.

I just launched 10 of them at one of those ~lvl 90 trader AIs, and then clicked on one to see its shield & energybank in that targeting window on the top right.

Their energy bank did not go down at all. Either the fighters themselves are bugged in some way or the graphics shown do no update correctly. Best part is they didnt even get that trader AI to half health.

Paxian Negotiators, another T1 fighter, would've made quick work of it.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:09 pm

shaqq wrote:
Max235 wrote:

I just launched 10 of them at one of those ~lvl 90 trader AIs, and then clicked on one to see its shield & energybank in that targeting window on the top right.

Their energy bank did not go down at all. Either the fighters themselves are bugged in some way or the graphics shown do no update correctly. Best part is they didnt even get that trader AI to half health.

Paxian Negotiators, another T1 fighter, would've made quick work of it.

Hmm, must've gotten the beta version of the fighter or something. When I tested them...on some teammates while we were doing bana (you can guess what happened to the fighters), they HAD a high amount of RoF (ie, normal weapon RoF) until 2-3 shots later (I assumed they were randomly augged, just like my Pacifiers, Negotiators, and Juju's, as some moved faster than others), then RoF dropped off and I was lucky to get any to fire once per 3 seconds.

My thoughts was they had one pathetic energy, or at the very least a hidden modifier on them or one of the items that reduced energy and elect levels to the point that they would be terrible.

I and my teammates shunned them entirely. We also shunned Juju fighters (after team donated a pair of Urko Qa commods to the cause) when we found they were similarly pathetic. Qokuji fighters were a "meh" usage, and incredibly annoying to obtain extra as they were limited to 5 per bana run and neurobound + FC locked. One of our Gunners accidentally got a set before he realized they were fighters. Peacemakers were worse, because they required a Grim Reaver kill, and since Grim is also a roaming uber...

All in all, all fighters, except:
Dachshund
Border Collie
St. Bernard
Cerberus
Pacifier (iffy)
Negotiator
Lice

Are either meh or big piles of shit.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:46 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: gogamish
Level: 2849

I think Cerb fighters need a beef too. Their aura is nice but their DPS doesnt stack up to the 4 slots it takes.

Also, Peacemaker fighters also give a very nice aura but again their DPS is low for 4 slots.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:21 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

The Salty One wrote:
So changing the base in IQ bana from programming 30 to 100 would require some extra code tweaks?

Yeah, skills have a hardcoded cap for neurotraining in addition to what we set in stations (probably from years ago when skills were randomly distributed, or to stop someone slipping in some secret mission to skill up past the normal max).

Support

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:18 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Dark Doom Shield has an abnormally large weight imo. 2.6m?

Also, the "Get Skill to X" missions should be stacked, not the way they are now where if you train skills multiple times at once, you're actually penalized.

IE: Had Radar 15, and mission to get 16 open. Got Radar 18. Lost the 17 and 18 missions simply because I didn't fly back to Sol in between training skills.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:12 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Lincins size was changed from 180 to 134, but dark immolation stayed at 238. Fix please.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:59 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Fire Drone was a drone that originally used an Arcadian Pulse Gun. It was changed to use an Invertoblast+. Neither are "fire damage". Fix.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:50 pm
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Regardless of hull, slaves will only mine the contents of one asteroid before dropping it off at the determined station, making high tech decent hull mining slaves pointless, fix/tweak this please, my kelvin with 1k+ hull is constantly dropping off ~20 mets/silicon/fermium rather than a mesh of all three. (though it might just be easier to make it so the slaves only keep certain commods and drop the rest or keep current system for whenever they grab decaying commods like fermium)

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:07 am
Content Dev

Moonlightneo wrote:
Regardless of hull, slaves will only mine the contents of one asteroid before dropping it off at the determined station, making high tech decent hull mining slaves pointless, fix/tweak this please, my kelvin with 1k+ hull is constantly dropping off ~20 mets/silicon/fermium rather than a mesh of all three. (though it might just be easier to make it so the slaves only keep certain commods and drop the rest or keep current system for whenever they grab decaying commods like fermium)

Code.

Support

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:25 am
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Moonlightneo wrote:

Code.

Hard to code? not enough reason to code? too lazy or what? Seems 90% pointless to even make slaves mine, just a waste of slots when you can mine an entire belt yourself and fit it in one ship in around a few minutes whereas slaves act in a really inefficient manner taking hours to do the same when you expect them to mine until they cant fit anymore.
Edit: my bad, thought this counted under minor tweaks or something. shall post elsewhere.

Last edited by Moonlightneo on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:50 am
Content Dev

This topic is for content (ie: Not code) issues.

Support

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:01 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

redalert150 wrote:
Lincins size was changed from 180 to 134, but dark immolation stayed at 238. Fix please.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:59 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next