Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Content Fixes/Unbalance/Minor Tweaks
Average prawn sniper i think pushes maybe 100k dps on a Mad Thorax according to ship window. Granted, that increases with Analysis and auras/etc, and is (hopefully) sustained forever.

FCs with MF biggers are setup to do burst dps, not much sustained dps once they bank.

That allows quite a strong force in PvP, especially with how tanky the slaves get.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:20 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

Maxsim goratiev wrote:
Badgerlost wrote:
Rebalancing FC show be on top of the to do list. You can start by cutting the resist and DPS of wild slaves by 20% that will fix FC and make it fair

Make it fair? You do realize FC is meant to be the most powerful face to face fighting class, its got a whole fleet to command... Tts only useful in the first fight, after that, if it dies it cannot fight again until it can recapture more wild slaves, that's quite a big thing to consider you know, the fact that the class can only properly fight one time, while everyone else can just hop back into their ship and go at it again.
DPS wise FC is not and nor is close to the top anyway nor is it the best in the pvp and its by far one of the worst classes to pvb with. Lets put a bit of maths into this, shall we? Each bigger does 11.5-14k dps 12.75k dps average. (That is only for a short burst until it runs out of elec and of course that is only if ALL the 3 pulses hit). The most end game FC has 5 of these so 12.75k*5 = 63.75k. Then the FC has his own T20 slaves which at very end game add 16.6k dps (Whose elec also runs out). 63.75+16.6*2= 97.07k dps for the most high end FC. This is all with the damage aura of course.

Here we have the most end game FC doing 97k dps. Lets take another class for instance, a sniper. Most end game sniper will have over 200k dps and have more than 300k shields with ranges that.. well exceed that of the FC... some even exceed bases...
My point is, you have one sniper that does more than double the dps that of FC, can use afterburners to get away from the FC and can kill it over long range in mere seconds.

But yes, the FC can use his amp... but.. wait.. can't the sniper just use a couple of adv blockers, pwi and then some tweaks to increase his dps? Yes it will cost the sniper like 30mil of tweaks but.. wait now the FC is basically useless, the FC has to go cap more biggers, repair himself and his slaves which is already about 100m. Oh but if he uses fighters, such as Lice that's over a bill already. I mean 500m per lice who are one shot even with the most simple of the weapons for the sniper.

So yes, lets make it fair, lets leave the class that looses less, is less annoying to play, and is far more useful in pvp and runs with the highest dps in game and lets focus on those Fleet Commanders who dare to stand up to the original Shm+Sniper duo, who dare be what they were originally intended to be and lets nerf them because my ShM cant outheal my stationary prawn with the space bar pressed in that I mc while he uses his amp. Genious.

While I do agree that the FC class needs a rebalance but only where the overall DPS output/power of the class remains the same. What I mean is, that the power of Biggers in comparison to the power of RC20 slaves is not where it should be. Biggers compose around 65% of the FC's current DPS and are just as tanky. I recommend shifting that in favor of the RC20 slaves. Reduce the wildslave bonuses from 3% to 2% and increase combat slave bonuses to 2.5% from 1.5%.

Obviously you were not present in the TDC and RE war when 3-4 other fleet commanders got all their salves to guard one FC and ended up killing 6 shms, 4 prawn snipers, 1 zerk and 2 other FCs....

The class needs nerfed. I have a FC my self and plenty other People that have FCs agree that it needs nerfed. Voomy agrees it needs a tweak. Is there much more that I must say?

Just because it's your only class you think you are being picked on. But if it was any other class you would be fine with it because it's not effecting you.

I'm not saying it needs a massive nerf so that it's actaully pointless. Admins were stupid to introduce wild salves to begin with.

There is 2 fixes they can do: keep it the way it is but reduce the damage and resist of wild salves.

Or get rid of wilds leaves completely and add extra slots for RC 20 for the T20 person obtainable ships aka your PBFs and lions ect.

That would make it fair. Yes anyone will loose 1v1 vrs a FC but atleast now they won't be able to kill a whole team with ease.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:35 pm

I watched TDC when they did that. The RE "squad" that went to stop them never showed up all at once. They went in one at a time and died for a while. Once they got their shit together, they almost killed the squad of FCs until Fruits brought his sniper and rekt the squad.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:33 pm
Main: Maxsim Goratiev
Level: 1338

Setting slaves to guard could always be done and FC is not the only class that can do that. In addition to that its 3 different FC's like you said, 3 different accounts taken up meaning that its 3 less people just for 1 super FC. If you nerf the FC they could do the same with gunner slaves with MIRV's that will output far greater DPS than those FC slaves ever could and probably kill more too. Its 3 accounts, 3 end game characters fighting a squad on RE that jumped in 1 by 1 ... ofc they died. What if there were 3 prawns shooting every person that jumped in 1 by 1? Same thing would happen.

Also its not like FC cant be beaten 1v1. I know snipers/seers/SD's/gunners that could take 1v1 with even the most end game FC's.

Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Team: Aidelon
Main: Triskaidekaphobia
Level: 5325

Strontium-90 mission says access to Red's Parlour. But in fact the base is called Durham's Parlour.

Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:40 am
Team: Oblivion
Main: Elryk
Level: 4472

I was going to make a separate post for this, but I think it fits here.

Problem:
Zen skill effect pods, making any pod nearly uncontrollable (except with autopilot) if you have the thrust and turning zen skills.

Fix:
Don't give pods zen skills.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:54 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: your doom9
Level: 3877

lol funny, issue with wild slaves from fc is that they are allowed to follow and guard 1 person so 1 FC can have virtually limitless amounts of biggers following them while the other FCs are all just being mced and left in protected space and doing nothing which makes the 1 active FC op. Wild slaves should not be allowed to follow anyone else and can only guard someone while the FC that capped them is in the same gal, and fyi in the tdc RE war RE only had 3 people on trying to defend, mcing 10 to do content is easy mcing 10 to pvp is hard almost impossible unless all 10 accounts are FC with biggers following 1 active FC. Also my FCs pbfs do way more dps than has been mentioned in one of the earlier posts but I am not giving out my set up.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:59 am
Main: ddementiapillss
Level: 3358

So I recently built a darkstream to replace the phantomstream on my travel ship, and was surprised to discover that darkstream gives off four times more vis than phantomstream does. it seems a little strange that i'm easier to see when i have darkstream equipped, especially since darkstream has -5% more visibility than phantomstream. I was just wondering, was this overlooked? Or is that how the items are supposed to function? Thanks for yr time blue :)

Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:16 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

pxnkerton wrote:
So I recently built a darkstream to replace the phantomstream on my travel ship, and was surprised to discover that darkstream gives off four times more vis than phantomstream does. it seems a little strange that i'm easier to see when i have darkstream equipped, especially since darkstream has -5% more visibility than phantomstream. I was just wondering, was this overlooked? Or is that how the items are supposed to function? Thanks for yr time blue :)

I'm pretty sure this was intentional, since visibility is a value we set in the balance sheets :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:41 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Darkstream generally looks worse than a Bole Shield to me, so I think it really could do with some beefing...

Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:31 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Perilous Trader Controlbot looks weak compared to Even More Ultimate Trader Controlbot or Superior Speedy Trader Controlbot.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:54 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Antilzah wrote:
Perilous Trader Controlbot looks weak compared to Even More Ultimate Trader Controlbot or Superior Speedy Trader Controlbot.

I meant to put in a variety of trader controlbots, but didn't get around to it yet. What sort of attributes do you guys value in a trader controlbot? :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:34 am

The Vert wrote:
Antilzah wrote:

I meant to put in a variety of trader controlbots, but didn't get around to it yet. What sort of attributes do you guys value in a trader controlbot? :)

Hullspace + Speed.

Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:45 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Lithium
Level: 3185

Stealth, Docking, Turning, -Weight, there is lots of different useful things that are more situational or depend on the ship or cargo. But for the most part, Hull and Speed.... But things like Stealth are kind of useless when cloaks don't work so well after server crashes on slaves.

Estragon: Well, shall we go?
Vladimir: Yes, let's go.
[They do not move].

Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:38 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Platinum wrote:
Docking

Trade slaves don't seem to care about docking speed.

Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:12 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next