Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Post Re: Content Fixes/Unbalance/Minor Tweaks
Masterful wrote:
It doesn't show up in F10, and a weight reduction would mean I'd be more agile, which I'm not, except for the stats the tweak gives.

I'll forward this to an administrator to look into. It seems as the weight bonus from tweaks doesn't do anything, but it doesn't crash anything either :) Thank you for pointing this out, this is an issue that affects more than this one item!

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:26 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

The Holiday missiles need to be reworked like other missiles. I think they were overlooked. Eggbox crates are poop.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:45 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Freddie Fender
Level: 3119

I was helping a level 300 get into Ruby Steppes today to get warp 3. Warptastics are seriously tanky now. Better look into this as there is no way a couple guys caryying qafir drones are getting past those drones without some serious help. I'm guessing somehow those drones got a buff.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:30 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

I'm pretty sure the Jungle drone shouldn't have a 192.5m repair cost...

Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:02 pm

Suggestion: Make Slate Thorax Blueprint lighter. The blueprint weighs 10m while the item itself is just 35k.

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:49 am

SD superitem energy costs are absolutely out of whack. How is a tech 5 player supposed to get any use out of the demon tracking device? It spends several times more energy than they even have.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:19 pm
Contributor
Team: Suits
Main: Theodore
Level: 100

I just reduced the weight of the heavy thorax bps.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:30 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Could rebalance the Offensive and Everlasting drone augmenters (including Olympus versions) to improve the defense of the owner like how Defensive and General work.

Issue is that while people could use them for specific bonuses on their drones, they suffer decreased defense. It doesn't really make sense to nail both the player and their drones when only their drones truly benefit.

Then Engineer augs could receive some of the stats from what was Everlasting aug's other benefit for a Supportive Engineer, as an engineer aug is liable to replace a normal drone aug.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:23 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Remove the maximum workforce of 5 from Ambrosia Chargers. Andaman and Achilles Chargers have no max, and Annihilator/Adamantiumized are standard across all gear.

Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:10 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Ambrosia Chargers are the only ones that can be massed produced via credits since you can buy the sponge chargers, but I'd still like the max workforce taken off!

Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:30 am

carterstrain wrote:
stuff

While we're at it, it would be nice if drone ops augs other than defensive and general actually had a point. Atm everlasting and offensive give less stats, so you're better off just using gens.

Use-case example:
You wanna make your drones long-range bombardment platforms. The logical choice would be taking everlasting and offensive... except that gen gives the same stats and then some.
This problem doesn't affect defensive ops, because they actually give the right amount(3 times as much as gen).

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:37 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Xonok2 wrote:
carterstrain wrote:
stuff

While we're at it, it would be nice if drone ops augs other than defensive and general actually had a point. Atm everlasting and offensive give less stats, so you're better off just using gens.

Use-case example:
You wanna make your drones long-range bombardment platforms. The logical choice would be taking everlasting and offensive... except that gen gives the same stats and then some.
This problem doesn't affect defensive ops, because they actually give the right amount(3 times as much as gen).

All of the drone ops augs give differing amounts to differing stats, there is nothing wrong with them. General Ops will only ever get you 10% and every other aug at the same level will get you a higher amount than General would get you in its stat area.

I don't understand what you think the problem is.

Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:39 pm

General gives the best of all worlds. You get substantial shields, energy, hull, and speed. Your drones get a decent amount of all drone stats.

Xonok's argument is that Offensive Mastery is +20% Offensive Ops and Everlasting Mastery is +20% Everlasting Ops, which appears out of line from Defensive Mastery with +30% Defensive Ops.

My first argument is that your ship receives penalties from using non-General Ops augs that you cannot effectively make do. Using an Offensive Ops aug lowers your maximum shield on your ship.

My other argument was that Everlasting Ops augs are some kind of hybrid Everlasting/Healer aug that doesn't makes as much sense because if you notice, The Art of Engineering/Ultimate Art of Engineering do the same thing. Basically, I want these two augs (Everlasting and Engineer) separated to that people can better see one is for sustaining drones and the other is for supporting allies.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:42 am

Warrants a separate post:

Everlasting Ops bonus Energy, Elect, and Range.

Offensive Ops bonus Damage, Firing, and Tracking.

Swap the Energy bonus on Everlasting with the Tracking bonus of Offensive. I believe additional energy (as Off Ops augs have a big raw energy bonus to the ship) would be more desirable than tracking considering drones already have omnidirectional tracking (like bases). Tracking sounds like some kind of bonus that would go hand and hand with Range.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:45 am

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Xonok2 wrote:
carterstrain wrote:
stuff

Use-case example:

All of the drone ops augs give differing amounts to differing stats, there is nothing wrong with them. General Ops will only ever get you 10% and every other aug at the same level will get you a higher amount than General would get you in its stat area.

I don't understand what you think the problem is.

The problem is that Offensive and Everlasting ops only make any sense if you use only them. If you want range and DPS, but not tanking, there is no such choice, as gen ops will give you the exact same stats and defense in addition.
It just so happens that range is bunched up with regeneration when it comes to drone ops, so if you go all into offensive ops, your drones will fail to sustain for any useful amount of time, making this setup subpar.
If you go all into everlasting you get tons of sustain that you can't really use.

To carter:
I don't have a problem with drone augs not giving much/any bonuses to the ship in cases where they are stronger. For example, the best gen ops augs are Lavrite, Banu Qo Akk'oj and General Ops Mastery.
Lavrite and Banu Qo Akk'oj are far lower tech, but give considerably smaller bonuses to your actual ship.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:13 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next