Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
Team: White Star
Main: xXxIrishKnightxXx
Level: 20

Post Re: Content Fixes/Unbalance/Minor Tweaks
TheKC wrote:
unbalance:
i suggest to reconsider the -150% mining vurnability on BS/BT.
i know the ship has lots of advantages.. but there also lots of disadvantages.
the -150% just makes it 5x as vurnable as any comparable alternative ship, and as drawback beeing oneshoted by seer if if you are a Droner tanky augs.. is no real big fun serioly.
0% would be the least, but 20% as the other cap ships do would be appropriate.

-75~-50 sounds like a realllllly fair trade(if it even needs changing)

Edit- Repulsor is useless with the bullets now being so damn tiny, beef the size of the bullets to c1 size?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:04 am
Main: KC trades
Level: 5

Bastamental wrote:
... There very usefull against those OP engi radars. ...

Basta ur funny, they rather useless agains those OP engeneers.
According to my testing screens only affect vis, not reflectivity, and theres no Seer setup in the world that is that crappy that Droner will start seeing you with vision rather then with detection.

O once im at it:

Unbalance:
Screens dont affect reflectivity. :mrgreen:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:09 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Equanimizer+ takes an Ada Elect Module and an Ada Sheet to build. For that price people will just go straight for a Jujuso'rka or an Absentis. Suggest reducing the requirements to just 1 Dem Elect Module.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:25 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Max235 wrote:
Equanimizer+ takes an Ada Elect Module and an Ada Sheet to build. For that price people will just go straight for a Jujuso'rka or an Absentis. Suggest reducing the requirements to just 1 Dem Elect Module.

Considering the market for Jujuso'rkas these days, I wouldn't be surprised to see a player with access to cheap ada going for an Izer+ instead. The Juju's cloak and extra hull do make it a better choice though.

That's not to mention that an Izer+ is a pretty badass speed elec ship.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:53 am

A Rizer is kinda easy to get if you catch Tobal. And it's superior to the Izer+ in most regards, with a weak inbuilt aug and more hull (something I had a bit of a problem without bar skills at 1000).

But the main thing is that no one actually uses them. I've seen plenty of Izer scoutships and combatships, but only one Izer+ in 6 years of playing. And that was Quant's FC Izer+.

Which is why I would like them to reconsider the costs, mainly as a decent choice for newer players, because no "endgame" or "UZ game" player will use one.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:26 pm
over 9000!

Not every ship needs to be cost-effective. The Izer has an incredibly distinguished history in this game and the fact that its + version is mostly superseded by newer content, while unfortunate, does not imply that anything should be changed. I've already pointed out that the Izer+ is a better speed elec ship than Juju or any other alternative you've brought up, so it's not like it's worse in every regard either.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:28 pm

If theres a reason something is not used, someone should look into why it's not being used, and changed so people WILL use it. It may be a cheap elect ship, but no one uses it. And someone might use it if he had cheap ada, but if he knows the stats of a Juju, the stats are so much better that instead of using ada, he'll just buy the Juju instead.

So, ether make the Izer+ cheaper or make it more powerful for the cost, with different aspects than the Juju.

All the sniper teammates I've had (not alts) have went with either an Absconditus or a Jujuso'rka, simply because the Izer+ wasn't worth the price, period.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:14 pm

1. Tardis Station Extension Blueprint.
The fact the actual Extension drops as well, no one actually builds them. Consider making it 1 Dementium for a Crate of 5 or 10 Extensions.

2. Andaman/Attached Andaman Drone Blueprint.
Due to the frequency of the drops, everyone and their mother have at least 10. Consider changing these blueprints to a limited build count, like 1.

3. All Attached (Adonis, Argonaut, Ambrosia, Andaman) Drone Blueprints.
They are locked to engineer. Not everyone has or wants an engineer. Consider replacing the Engineer Class lock with a Station Mastery lock, as these drones normally are placed on Station Masters anyways.

4. may update as I find more.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 am
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Max235 wrote:
1. Tardis Station Extension Blueprint.
The fact the actual Extension drops as well, no one actually builds them. Consider making it 1 Dementium for a Crate of 5 or 10 Extensions.

The actual extension drops but not everyone has 1k hull to scoop it, maybe replace it with 1 size crates of 1 tardis.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:24 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Agreed on the change to tardis extension drops, most classes probably do not have the 1k free hull to pick them up. You either have to get another person to come pick them up or let them decay :(.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 am
Main: KC trades
Level: 5

unbalanced:
Platform augs, they seem underused, someone mentioned for non base augs they to big, were they ever adjusted after base augs were beefed? ..dunno but maybe wanne look into it.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:35 pm
over 9000!

KC's pointing out that you can aug perma drones with base augs, which were apparently beefed at some point. If that's the case, and if platform augs weren't beefed, they should perhaps be looked at.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Rackham's Bigger Pulse
Mzungu Big Pulse

Consider making these two Physical damage and stats to be the little brothers to the Pulsius Sharpshooter, seeing how they're pulses and theres a lack of usable physical weapons in those tech zones.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:28 am
Team: White Star
Main: xXxIrishKnightxXx
Level: 20

Max235 wrote:
Rackham's Bigger Pulse
Mzungu Big Pulse

Consider making these two Physical damage and stats to be the little brothers to the Pulsius Sharpshooter, seeing how they're pulses and theres a lack of usable physical weapons in those tech zones.

If so, change mzungu energy blaster drone name to just 'Mzungu Blaster'

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:55 am
Main: flo02
Level: 2631

"Bule Test Tag Radar"
Vis: 2.31
Detection: 650
Charge required: 1
Charge rate: 0.1/s
Visibility: 16
Ping elec: 0, Bonus: 100%, Ping vis: 100.
Can't unequip.
Neuro bound.

Size: 7
Extract: 60,000.

Almost equiped this....almost....

Remove NB and Can't unequip from the radar.
OR make the radar t20 with:
Vis: 3.2
Det: 1550
Ping Bonus: 250%
Size: 30
Extract: 1b

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:12 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next