Team: MAD+
Main: BlueStrato
Level: 2076

Post Scuttle Spaceship Blasting Charge.
Works very similar to the Base Demo Kit. Player uses it while docked destroying his Active ship. Prevents the need to take a ship that you cant sell where it is docked and dropping in sol or surrounding Gals to let it rot away.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:01 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Post Re: Scuttle Spaceship Blasting Charge.
Additionally it should also have a chance to drop the equipped augs/gear.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:11 am

...? Unequip the ship before you blow it up, and if you want the augs out of it, there is a mission line in shadow that will do that.

The only reason you wouldn't be able to get the gear/augs out is because it was a Wild slave. Which is specifically why I said, you would have to be docked, and destroyed your "Active" or green highlighted ship.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:22 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

I do not want this capability when I am drunk.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:35 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

No thanks, too risky for mis-clicks and account sabotage.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:26 am
Main: --sexydragon--
Level: 3103

Wasnt there a suggestion already that said something about having a base that buys every ship for 1c but doesnt sell? or sells a weaker version of the amount it has... Not sure on that last part but im sure there was a suggestion for a AI base that percahses playerships...

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:22 am
Profile YIM WWW

account sabotage? If your sharing accounts with the wrong person they can already transfer every credit, jettison every piece of gear and demo any bases you own and sell quite a few ships.

As for misclicks, the Neuro dock has 2 verification windows, same principal could be used, both stating exactly was going to be destroyed.

Setting a station to buy any ship would also accomplish the same goal, and would allow the "Undo Sell" if you somehow sold the wrong ship.

*And for Dark, get a USB breathalyzer, we'll see if we can get Jay to put in a requirement to pass the test before your account can be logged on =P

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:48 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

In Star Sonata, ships (augs equipped or not) are treated as really expensive, yet really powerful investments. It encourages you to think of your ship as a physical part of your body in Real Life, so any quick destruction things are almost totally out of the question.

To change this thinking, you need to change the game roots or rebuild it from the ground up.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:11 am

Bases are too, and if you come to the decision you don't what it, you can throw the gear off it, abandon or destroy it and then demo kit the thing. If you get tired of flying in your Zeus, you can undock, suicide out, go back to a station and get a Zebu to fly. Eventually the Zeus will rot away and no mechanism that you could add to sidestep the rot process is going to result in a fundamental change in the game that would require a rewrite. You can also just slave any ship equal to or under your RC skill and release it. So inferring that being able to do the same to a T-19, 20, and 21 ship is so disruptive to the established game play is silly.

When the next tier of ships, whenever that may be, makes an appearance. If the RC level is not raised making them tradeable or releasable, a place established to buy an unwanted ship previously not sellable, or a method to destroy them implemented. Those old ships are going to either set in your hanger like a collectors item, you can pay to have them repackaged to sell, or people will be ejecting out of them and letting them rot in sol.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:33 am
Main: Meiren
Level: 2132

BlueStrato wrote:
account sabotage? If your sharing accounts with the wrong person they can already transfer every credit, jettison every piece of gear and demo any bases you own and sell quite a few ships.

As for misclicks, the Neuro dock has 2 verification windows, same principal could be used, both stating exactly was going to be destroyed.

Setting a station to buy any ship would also accomplish the same goal, and would allow the "Undo Sell" if you somehow sold the wrong ship.

*And for Dark, get a USB breathalyzer, we'll see if we can get Jay to put in a requirement to pass the test before your account can be logged on =P

Even under sabotage at least having your ships is something of a restart. Losing gear and storage is recoverable but losing every ship as well could be near well catastrophic esp with T21/T22 where ships can run up to 400b for the hull alone.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:36 am
Main: Sir Nils Olav
Level: 1423

zhuang281 wrote:
I do not want this capability when I am drunk.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:01 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

A ship can easily cost hundreds of times more than the most expensive base. A good Ada T20 with ada damps and full ada gear runs 20-30B? A good Olympus+ ship with t2NB/t3 gear runs into the trillions.

And account sabotage would go through the roof. You can demoralize your enemies into quitting the game (and losing game revenue at the same time) by removing EVERYTHING from that account. There are people in Star Sonata that would do full account sabotage if they could.

I think, a way to do this is to have it where you could sell your ships for 1 credit at any AI base, but have an account log in which you can recover your ships and gear from the admins. I want to get rid of some of my ships, but I don't want any pesky Terry's or Maqxime's accessing my account and destroying everything...at least without them hacking the SS database first.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:54 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Event Horizon
Level: 1929

Email confirmation for ship destroys would solve this. You would have to click on an email confirmation link and type in your password. Once done (this system is automatic by the way), the ship will simply disappear from your list. It would not allow you to destroy a ship with unequippable items or unequipped items on it.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:29 am
Main: Sir Nils Olav
Level: 1423

Event Horizon wrote:
Email confirmation for ship destroys would solve this. You would have to click on an email confirmation link and type in your password. Once done (this system is automatic by the way), the ship will simply disappear from your list. It would not allow you to destroy a ship with unequippable items or unequipped items on it.

If I take over an account I can just as easily change the email account associated with the account.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:31 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Event Horizon
Level: 1929

spartan2529 wrote:
Event Horizon wrote:

If I take over an account I can just as easily change the email account associated with the account.

If you read Bageese's post about requiring a confirmation from an old email to change to a new email, this would not be a problem.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:35 pm