Main: Jumpen Jack
Level: 2585

Post A staunch enemy of inflation. NPC shop.
An NPC SHOP that requires a retarded amount of credits, all items are neuro bound.

A PWI with low to no failure rate, scaling prices.

An item that produces OBAs and other tweaks.

A dylithium Crystal that's powers anything that takes prom. Something for E-nukes.

Anyone else have suggestions on this? Try to think of things that don't make a big impact on game play.............other then large conveniences, like the examples above.

Last edited by Domhawth on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:17 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: A staunch enemy of inflation. NPC shop.
Domhawth wrote:
An NPC SHOP that requires a retarded amount of credits, all items are neuro bound.

A PWI with low to no failure rate, scaling prices.

A dylithium Crystal that's powers anything that takes prom. Something for E-nukes.

Anyone else have suggestions on this? Try to think of things that don't make a big impact on game play other then large conveniences, like the examples above.

That would actually be an amazing suggestion all on its own. Choosing to front like 20b in return for a single piece of undecaying fuel.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:36 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Event Horizon
Level: 1929

I like these.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:35 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Quote:

Dont like that idea, unlimited tweaks is not a good idea, it could also possibly be a way to get unlimited credits.
If done it would have to be a tweak gen of the same type that is on the Absentis, that makes you always have one of the tweak and it will have to be a custom made tweak that cant be sold or removed from your ship.

Quote:
A dylithium Crystal that's powers anything that takes prom.

Personally I would love a single piece of undecaying fuel to replace prom, not so sure Jeff would like the idea though.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:40 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

The Voomy One wrote:
If done it would have to be a tweak gen of the same type that is on the Absentis, that makes you always have one of the tweak and it will have to be a custom made tweak that cant be sold or removed from your ship.

Or simply be a super-item. I think "true" tweak generators should store more than one tweak, otherwise doesn't seem any different than the super-item.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:03 am
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Im just not so sure it would be possible to have a super item for sale in a AI base.

I also dont like the idea of letting players have unlimited tweaks, then they can just tweak all the time which pretty much gives them a permanent boost.

Imo it would need to be limited to something like one tweak every couple of minutes.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:08 am

The Voomy One wrote:
Im just not so sure it would be possible to have a super item for sale in a AI base.

I also dont like the idea of letting players have unlimited tweaks, then they can just tweak all the time which pretty much gives them a permanent boost.

Imo it would need to be limited to something like one tweak every couple of minutes.

one of the sol missions reward you with a torp barrage which is a super device.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:42 am

Event Horizon wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:

And it is an unequippable Super-Item, too. Bobbo told me that the plan was for many unequippable Super-Items for the next month. That was 2011.

The way I think a super-item would work would be to store charges. Some items would store one charge, others store more. You could turn off the charge if you don't want to store all at once. The elect usage would be fairly low unless you overcharged the super-item, for which you get a much higher charge rate but a hell of a lot more elect usage to charge it.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Max235 wrote:
Event Horizon wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:

And it is an unequippable Super-Item, too. Bobbo told me that the plan was for many unequippable Super-Items for the next month. That was 2011.

The way I think a super-item would work would be to store charges. Some items would store one charge, others store more. You could turn off the charge if you don't want to store all at once. The elect usage would be fairly low unless you overcharged the super-item, for which you get a much higher charge rate but a hell of a lot more elect usage to charge it.

No, I can unequip it.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Max235 wrote:
Event Horizon wrote:

And it is an unequippable Super-Item, too.

EH wrote:
Smartass answer that doesn't do anything

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Max235 wrote:
Max235 wrote:
Event Horizon wrote:

And it is an unequippable Super-Item, too.

EH wrote:
Smartass answer that doesn't do anything

Derp, I was reading that on my phone and read that statement as "You can't unequip it."

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I think this might be a good idea, in that it would be a large credit sink, but what we really need is a credit sink that causes credits to leave the game proportional to the amount of credits currently in the game. The best way to do that that I can think of is some kind of NPC auction system, where every week there are 4-5 super awesome things up for bid, and whichever player bids the most credits can get them.

The danger to watch out for is if these awesome things that we are either selling or auctioning become standard end-game gear, then every player would need to somehow come up with obscene amounts of credits just to compete, which would suck.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:43 am
Profile WWW

JeffL wrote:
I think this might be a good idea, in that it would be a large credit sink, but what we really need is a credit sink that causes credits to leave the game proportional to the amount of credits currently in the game. The best way to do that that I can think of is some kind of NPC auction system, where every week there are 4-5 super awesome things up for bid, and whichever player bids the most credits can get them.

The danger to watch out for is if these awesome things that we are either selling or auctioning become standard end-game gear, then every player would need to somehow come up with obscene amounts of credits just to compete, which would suck.

I like the idea of a Hybrid of the two.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:45 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

If you start holding auctions on "super awesome" gear, it should be in the vanity and convenience categories: things that improve travel time, experience gained, or give you a cool ship/base visage. That will also guarantee that you won't be establishing a new, highly expensive endgame.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:31 am

anilv wrote:
If you start holding auctions on "super awesome" gear, it should be in the vanity and convenience categories: things that improve travel time, experience gained, or give you a cool ship/base visage. That will also guarantee that you won't be establishing a new, highly expensive endgame.

100% agree with that.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm