Team: Void
Main: Uhmari
Level: 430

Post Re: Begining of the Game
Quote:
HPS in this game means healing per second.

Nod, your an intelligent one...

Quote:
Shield regen cannot overpower DPS here.

Nod, in most games it does not.

However, If you fight 10 dps, vs 7 HPS, it will take quiet some time to kill the target, as opposed to 10 dps vs 3 hps ;)

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:05 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

We generally fight with numbers like 50-100k dps, versus 25-50k HPS. Before resists come into play. I don't know why you're so dead set with reducing the numbers, seems to remove a big "fun" aspect of the game.

Hitting for 100k damage is way more fun that hitting for 100. End result is the same, you hurt them for a good %. But 100k is much more visually appealing than 100.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:41 am
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: Vorporal
Level: 5483

Meh,
Ill just toss this into the ring. If SS went F2P as of this second there is nothing that would make spend another cent. In fact the only thing that would entice me to pay close to my current spend (apart from loyalty to the game/devs perhaps) would be something that without which I would be placed at significant disadvantage. Elsewise I would simply leach off the game until it died. Thats me.

However I do support an item shop for less tangiable stuff such as holo-projectors and the like. I may be happy to throw 1-2 Space Points at a random thing like the ubiquitous Santa Hat currently invading sol since after all I would have immense pleasure parking a dozen of those in and around my galaxies during the season just to make the warp travel more dynamic. Even if they vanished at reset (or after the holidays period) I might still enjoy the amusement enough for such.

Apart from that as people have said before the only show of power is the addition of skins and such which atm arent sufficiently plentiful to make it work.

To Uhamari: Please stick around! Your tenacity in ignoring all sound arguments that dont fit your world view is a source of great amusement to me. Especially true on boring work days where I can read your posts it never fails to bring a smile to my face! Im a overly rational person (which I want to change) so it I cant quite comprehend your tact in the face of such overwhelming reasoning but it reminds me to look at the world with less pessimism, if you can ignore logic it gives me hope I can to. Thankyou

Vorp

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:10 am
Team: Void
Main: Uhmari
Level: 430

Quote:
To Uhamari: Please stick around! Your tenacity in ignoring all sound arguments that dont fit your world view is a source of great amusement to me. Especially true on boring work days where I can read your posts it never fails to bring a smile to my face! Im a overly rational person (which I want to change) so it I cant quite comprehend your tact in the face of such overwhelming reasoning but it reminds me to look at the world with less pessimism, if you can ignore logic it gives me hope I can to. Thankyou

This made me giggle, hehehe.

Quote:
We generally fight with numbers like 50-100k dps, versus 25-50k HPS. Before resists come into play. I don't know why you're so dead set with reducing the numbers, seems to remove a big "fun" aspect of the game.

Did you not read what i said? Values on numbers are only relative to one thing, the max to minimum amount. The amount of "Damage" you do (Psychologically)is equal only to its effects. In other words, You think its big because its what you have grown accustom to, But that 40,000 later (After revisions) may be just as big as doing a 1k crit after revisions.

The only difference is, 100k HP and 1k Hp. one set up is forcing players to be closer, and as are result is making you "compete". It sounds to me like you just want big numbers... so you can equate for other things which are small.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:30 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

To further elaborate on this idea, i was thinking that after a player reaches lvl 100 (basically after going through the nexus tutorial should take no more then 2-4 hours) he is given a mission prompt which sends him to lyceum to pick a class. Here he gets a new ship new gear and all that fun stuff. As well as class specific missions which will serve basically as a tutorial for each class. Should be pretty simple straight to the point stuff.

Then every 100 levels you unlock a new level for your class. Meaning you would need to hit level 2k to max your class, great leveling incentive there. I would also suggest the removal or skill point cost for your main class skill and maybe just keep it for tertiary class skills?

Im not sure when would be a good time to start throwing class super items into the mix? But for sure they need to be part of the process, same goes for adv. sub skills. I think 1 adv. sub skill every 500 lvls till a max of 5 would be great. To balance it out i would say the first two adv sub skills you have to pick are going to be general, next 2 are class and then focus at 2500. Or something like that.

Tired of writing, thoughts so far?

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:00 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

redalert150 wrote:
To further elaborate on this idea, i was thinking that after a player reaches lvl 100 (basically after going through the nexus tutorial should take no more then 2-4 hours) he is given a mission prompt which sends him to lyceum to pick a class. Here he gets a new ship new gear and all that fun stuff. As well as class specific missions which will serve basically as a tutorial for each class. Should be pretty simple straight to the point stuff.

I like this alot, and I think it is a good idea. So /Signed on that from me.

redalert150 wrote:

Then every 100 levels you unlock a new level for your class. Meaning you would need to hit level 2k to max your class, great leveling incentive there. I would also suggest the removal or skill point cost for your main class skill and maybe just keep it for tertiary class skills?

This is also very intriguing, and it does give a new player something to work towards. Although having to level to level 2k is a rather large grind, I think that level 1k or 1.5k would be more reasonable, but that could just be me.

redalert150 wrote:

Im not sure when would be a good time to start throwing class super items into the mix? But for sure they need to be part of the process, same goes for adv. sub skills. I think 1 adv. sub skill every 500 lvls till a max of 5 would be great. To balance it out i would say the first two adv sub skills you have to pick are going to be general, next 2 are class and then focus at 2500. Or something like that.

Tired of writing, thoughts so far?

I don't know about having up to 5 adv. subskills, that might be a bit much. One thing to consider would be having one (Advanced Subskill) introduced in the early game, one in the mid-game and a third and final one in the end-game for a total of three. Again, this would give players a goal to work towards.

All in all, good suggestion, I like it alot.

- Chrono

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:53 pm

In regards to getting to lvl 2k taking to long. I agree, i would also suggest them add quicker ways for players to lvl up. Significant boost to mission xp for one and a decent lvl modifier for low level players to gain more xp from killing things.

5 adv skill might be a little op. But its 2 general skills 2 class and 1 focus, you cant just pick whichever you like. Actually that still sounds op lol. Still introducing adv sub skills to the early game would be great.

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:23 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

redalert150 wrote:

Right now it feels like classes start at lv500-1000 when you have enough skill points to dump into focus and class. That's not really ideal because in early game all classes are slave swarm spam. Your suggestion would make it even worse.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:28 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Antilzah wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Right now it feels like classes start at lv500-1000 when you have enough skill points to dump into focus and class. That's not really ideal because in early game all classes are slave swarm spam. Your suggestion would make it even worse.

With Blizz here. The last good thing they added was an attempt to try and make the classes feel different from each other once you got your first level, IE gunner gets to MF2 at level 1 etc.

That's a good start. More options that give you a taste of what your endgame class will eventually look and feel like would help as well. Maybe a t0 version of the Proficiency Augmenters to continue that trend, or beefing the current t5's to slightly above tech 5 power level. They are one time per character rewards, maybe that should be changed, especially for the slave classes.

Oooh ere's an idea! Repeatable missions that give you temporary versions of endgame stuff that decays when you finish the mission. Something along the lines of a DM received mini Infernos/charges/etc and getting to kill a baby version of Iq' Bana. Who knows, there's plenty of cool options for something like this.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:51 am

Antilzah wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

This isnt for you guys who power level alts, this is for the sake and interest of the new players that come into SS. The point is to make the beginning of the game fun for them and more engaging then what it currently is. A new player quickly gets discouraged when he hears that the game really only begins when you reach level 1500+. This would make the game start at lvl 100 for them, and keep rewarding them every 100 lvls and thus keeping their interest for longer. Think of it as bread crumbs till they reach the real fun stuff.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:27 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

I get what you're saying but I just feel that one level of class skill every 100 levels is not well scaled. Right now at lv1000 you can have class skills at lv20. With your proposition, lv1k characters would still have their class skills at lv10. It scales even worse at low levels. With current system level 10 class skills with full subskills would cost total of 75 levels exincluding required cost of core skills for that level. With your idea that would require 1000 levels.

I feel we should move into opposite direction than your proposal. That would be providing larger bonuses at low level to make all classes unique and interesting instead of remote control skill being the most efficient way to get more dps. Gunner gets +100% MF at level 1 gunner skill now. I think that's where we should be - and also the direction where we are heading.

EDIT:
redalert150 wrote:
A new player quickly gets discouraged when he hears that the game really only begins when you reach level 1500+.

And with your proposal, this statement would be more true than ever before. You're providing a bad bandaid fix for the problem. In a way of "Hey, early and midgame is still awful but at least we have this new achievement to be unlocked every 100 levels of grind to hide the problem".

To sum up, you have good ideals where early game development should be heading towards. I don't disagree with any of the ideals but I feel your proposition wouldn't accomplish it's goals.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:01 pm

I guess you didnt read the 1st post of this whole topic :lol: That other post was just adding more to my original post.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:01 pm