Team: Zephyr
Main: Zaehlas
Level: 2946

Post Combat Slave "Follow Me" hotkey / button
I know others have probably been thinking this, but please make a new keyboard key (not a hotkey button, we have precious few of those left, if any) to trigger a "follow me" to all slaves in galaxy.

It should be combat slaves only.
New button, programmable through the keyboard settings.
Only the slaves in the galaxy with you.
It should reset all slaves settings to Follow Me, Stay Close, Fight Enemies.

Would solve several issues, not just slaves deciding to get buggy and fly off, but also including mistakes for attacks or RTS ordering to positions. In combat it would really be helpful having on key to fix the slaves back to default, and digging through menus trying to get one slave to fly back while you are fighting a pile of enemies is a huge pain.

Posted in Suggestions Voting system. Please vote!

Fri May 30, 2014 4:47 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Re: Combat Slave "Follow Me" hotkey / button
This is interesting. Any reason it would be only the slaves in your current galaxy? I can think of a lot of times where I accidentally tell one combat slave to guard an area, then I jump out of the gal, but can't get back in and I'm stuck waiting. I would probably personally prefer a command to just tell all combat slaves everywhere to go into the "follow me" mode. (Would help with drifting off into space, too.)

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Zephyr
Main: Zaehlas
Level: 2946

Post Re: Combat Slave "Follow Me" hotkey / button
I can see that issue. I was mainly thinking of when you get swarmed and something for use in an immediate fight. The menu to force one slave not in the gal with you to follow you is there, and I was assuming when you get to that point you have the time to get through a menu and wait for it.

I'd be willing to concede to a command for all combat slaves regardless of position.

I was putting the limitations of the idea of this on the fact the /resetslave command works in gal only as far as I know.

I would recommend its based on what people would like to see for a speedy command to use in combat to restore slave control

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:20 pm