Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Team: Void
Main: Uhmari
Level: 430

Post Re: The Magellanic Layer
Make sure that what ever you do, you make the content based on 3 teams, not 2. When you use even numbers of teams, you gain problems with population balance. Also going over 5 tends to spread population out a lot, so you may want to consider sticking to three teams, it seems to be a magical number when it comes to Faction based Population balance.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:27 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 3731

I really like the detail of thought put into this suggestion, in its layout and what it attempts to do. It could use a little more tie into the lore, that's probably my only critique. Once you've fully panned out the idea I expect you'll really get the sense that theres awesome low level and high level challenges/content available through this area :wink:

Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:54 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

uhmari wrote:
Make sure that what ever you do, you make the content based on 3 teams, not 2. When you use even numbers of teams, you gain problems with population balance. Also going over 5 tends to spread population out a lot, so you may want to consider sticking to three teams, it seems to be a magical number when it comes to Faction based Population balance.

What.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:13 am
Team: Inert witty name here
Main: Sk1rm1sh
Level: 2032

http://youtu.be/xOrgLj9lOwk?t=1m28s

Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:24 am
Contributor
Main: Rogue Recaps
Level: 3

Guys, please keep to to discussion about the suggestion. If you have any ideas, anything you think should be changed, added, taken away, anything! then post! or message me! Right now I'm going to try and change the factions to current ones that are in the game because I love that idea!

Edit: Also! You can see the current proposal at the link in the first post of this suggestion or here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RbH ... sp=sharing

Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:34 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Have you considered being able to use the tokens to advance skills such as Station Tweaking up to 20? Or other base-related things?

Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:39 am
Contributor

I love tokens personally because they can be used for basically anything! I haven't thought about that but it is a good suggestion if it's balanced (which I don't really know much about balancing :roll: ). But new ideas for tokens can be added, changed, balanced, anything! So I'll make a list of different uses that tokens can be used for!

Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:41 am
Main: Aeglos
Level: 2773

A few questions;
- What are the conflicting beliefs?
- Why is Planatia so desired?
- If they hate each other, why don't they just aim to destroy each other (instead of just inflicting "economic" damage)

Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:21 am
Contributor

Well... since I'm altering the factions to Zaphragi and Ur'Qa, I basically have to write a whole new background story. I'll get to that sometime but as is I'm pretty busy with real life stuff (working 3 pm - midnight sucks). I love getting player input though so if you have any ideas on things you can either make a comment on the google docs detailed version, or you can post on this topic!

Planatia when I thought of it was just going to be the middle grounds where there is conflict going on forever because the war as it is, is a stalemate. I suppose it is possible to make Planatia a special galaxy, where it has a supply of some special commodity or there are ancient ruins that contain artifacts that could be used to bring destruction in the war.

The mission to destroy the factions' HQ's was a bit touchy for me to get somewhat right (it needs to be altered still), but as it is right now, if the factions' respective HQ is destroyed, what stops the other faction from taking it over? That's why I was thinking at the time that they could just want to inflict economic damage, make it as expensive as they can, so on and so on... But now that it has been mentioned I would like to go back to it and see if I can get it to fit in just right.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:41 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Sean, that map is basically Serengeti without the other two arms.

Personally I like the idea of creating new factions but as long as it doesn't become an enigmatic sector situation where you need missions to take part in this so called conflict. Swarms of Ai should be constantly fighting each other. I suggest swarms all the time because when subspace first came out, it was completely swarmy and it was possibly one of the most entertaining things to ever come into this game, until you guys killed it because of a bug hat created those swarms. All I ask is that you don't make it entirely based on missions, and for the love of god, do not turn this into a T23 zone, we have enough tech levels. Also I should note that the story was fine before. The Zaphragi were supposedly smashed to pieces when their Emperor was killed, and the same story with Bana. It doesn't really make sense for those two to be fighting each other. Did you have to rewrite it? Other than that, this looks fun

Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:15 am
Main: Aeglos
Level: 2773

Tomzta09 wrote:
The Zaphragi were supposedly smashed to pieces when their Emperor was killed, and the same story with Bana. It doesn't really make sense for those two to be fighting each other. Did you have to rewrite it? Other than that, this looks fun

If that is the lore, then the easy way to write it would be to portray the scenario as two once-mighty, now broken empires fighting to reclaim past glories or something.

But we don't know if those two exact races will be used, I think Recaps now thinks it would be better to expand on what races we already have in game, rather than add two completely new ones out of nowhere.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:31 am
Contributor

I don't want this to be a tech 23 zone. I also do want there to be a constant swarm fight in the galaxy Planatia that you can go to and just play around with, without having to start any missions. As for the factions that I'm using, I'm not entirely sure which ones will be used as of right now, Zaphragi and Ur'Qa are basically place holders, if something good is thought of like
SEANLA4350. wrote:
If that is the lore, then the easy way to write it would be to portray the scenario as two once-mighty, now broken empires fighting to reclaim past glories or something.

then they can be used. There are four ships based on Zaphragi (Panther, Lion, Zebra, Rhino, I don't count the panther kitten fly-able ship), but they're all tech 20. So what if there were new ships for lower levels? It would build interest and give a little insight as to what UZ will be like, for lower levels.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:02 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Red photon and Blue photon departments. Now your original goal of exacting economic damage makes sense. The player would be a mercenary, and you could add really funny commentary about the warfare v corporations wage against each other, both physically and economically.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Expand on the pirate factions maybe? Volcom, Blue, Bonnet, Infernal Tempest/Darkness.

MasterTrader wrote:
Red photon and Blue photon departments. Now your original goal of exacting economic damage makes sense. The player would be a mercenary, and you could add really funny commentary about the warfare v corporations wage against each other, both physically and economically.

I love this idea. Work as a mercenary for the Blue/Red Photon departments.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:50 pm
Contributor

Red Photon/Blue Photon, I like it! Those shall now be the two factions. That is unless there is a better idea, which I don't think there will be.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:20 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next