Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

Post Re: The Magellanic Layer
How about the same RP flag but upside down and Blue ofc.

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:16 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Brilliant. Nebula really gives it a nice feeling.

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:37 am
Contributor
Main: Rogue Recaps
Level: 3

Here's Eccentricity too.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:49 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: xXAlienXx
Level: 1322

This is just a suggestion but what about adding more bases and make both faction replica that of a team HQ gal so that players, new and old, can see what a standard, well-established galaxy looks like?

I'm guessing some planets, attached bases, colonies, more faction trade AI to keep things going (could even open up new mission ideas from that), healing drones and/or bases, ect...

I made this suggestion with a long term goal in mind. Though the building academy does do a good job at introducing an important element into the game, it doesn't do to much when a player knows it exists but doesn't know how to incorporate it in a real environment.

With that I saw the gals you created and the faction war you've decided to make and saw it as an opportunity to see how a galaxy should be well protected to insure stability.

Plus, iir I think you did mention that missions will be based on both factions trying to constantly decrease each others economic stature, If so why not incorporate mission that introduce PVB tactics and base management into the area if the above suggestion is incorporated?

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:02 am
Contributor

If you read the more detailed version here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RbH ... sp=sharing

In the middle of the 3rd page is "Every week or two a new pillbox will spawn, increasing the number of pillboxes by one and increasing the reward for killing the galaxy. All drones will respawn 30 minutes after all of the pillboxes have been destroyed or 30 minutes after there is no more damage being dealt to any of the drones."

The idea is that each side is making enough money to pay for more defenses over time. Currently two of the drones are more damage focused and one of them is more healing focused. I don't think that I'm going to add in grem drones, but there are AIs that have gremcannons on them (essentially mobile grem drones! at least I thought so anyway). The PvB tactics are already going to be added to destroy the HQ galaxies of each faction which is why I made drones equipped with Adamantiumized base gear.

I haven't even started making missions yet and even after the missions are made, more can be added!

Does this answer your suggestion or did I miss something?

Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:49 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Needs more AI to feel like its a base for a faction ;)

Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:12 pm
Contributor

Don't worry about that! These are just the start of it, once I make a few more galaxies, I can add in more AI so they can jump from gal to gal.

Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:16 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4889

Think you could implement this idea in any way?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59139

TL;DR (Replace Pirate/EF with Blue Photon/Red Photon. allow people to join either faction)

MasterTrader wrote:
Change EF Outposts to dynamic battle zones where players who are affiliated with Pirates/Earthforce are able to accept a dynamic mission that spawns Faction Allied AI in order to further goals specific to Pirates/Earthforce. Remove unkillable police officers and replace them with a few killable police. Remove swarms of pirates and replace them with a few pirates. Implement missions to turn Outposts into Battlezones.

These missions would involve players interacting in the same galaxy with AI. These players would not be allowed to interact directly with each other. These missions would progress from clearing the galaxy, securing the galaxy, interacting with a convoy, and finally destroying a flag ship of the enemy faction. Each mission would reward successively larger amounts of tokens. (1,3,5,10 for instance)

Allow the completion of these missions to award tokens that can be turned in for faction specific gear. Allow this gear to be upgraded as the player progresses so that an F2P can access level appropriate gear by turning in old gear and extra tokens. This allows new players to play the game alone if they are the type of player who wants to do so. Make sure they are informed that the most powerful gear can only be acquired by roaming the universe/playing with others.

In order to lessen the work required, adapt the current Pirate/Earthforce lines of gear to this tiered progression system.

Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:33 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

How's it going, RR?

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:02 am
Contributor

Not much to report, I haven't really had time to work on it at all with working overtime and stuff. I should have some free time sometime this week to make a new gal or two though.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:43 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Recaps wrote:
So what if there were new ships for lower levels? It would build interest and give a little insight as to what UZ will be like, for lower levels.

That is the single most brilliant thing any Dev for SS has ever said.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:28 am
Main: badaboom
Level: 2793

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Recaps wrote:
So what if there were new ships for lower levels? It would build interest and give a little insight as to what UZ will be like, for lower levels.

That is the single most brilliant thing any Dev for SS has ever said.

Visorak wrote:
PvB uber.

Thanks. :D

This post was edited a total of 1,000,000,000 times.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:15 pm

i have a question or a kind of idea idk if it's already suppost to be like this,

When joining a faction,lets say i join the BP Faction and my brother joins the RP Faction will i be able to PvP (attack) my brother since hes in the RP faction and even on the same team?

(yes i think i got out of line, but even so this might be a nice or great idea if you know what i'm trying to say)

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:34 pm
Contributor

I hadn't really thought about that. I imagine that if two team members from the same team joined different factions, that they would be able to fight each other, at least in the Magellanic layer, but not the Wild Space or other layers.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:26 am

Recaps wrote:
I hadn't really thought about that. I imagine that if two team members from the same team joined different factions, that they would be able to fight each other, at least in the Magellanic layer, but not the Wild Space or other layers.

This would be great

Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:21 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next