Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Glock17
Level: 4733

Post Re: Lower the number of space points required for ingame usa
Welcome to the year 3000, alot has changed but they haven't responded.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:19 am
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

When it comes to things like ship skins and other conveniences, I'm all for reducing prices. I know, for me personally, that if it was cheap I'd probably do it all the time, but when it's (relatively) expensive I don't see it as worth doing. I'd say name changes should be cheaper too, except that it appears that they still require direct intervention from the devs. If they could be automated, then making them cheaper would probably increase revenue. Hell, if it only cost a buck or so, then people would probably change names on a whim (which is fine as long as there is a way to track the name change history all the way back).

I'm of a slightly different opinion on ship forming and aug resetting though. That actually is a pay to win system and should remain expensive or, alternatively, be done away with if the goal is to have no "pay to win" features in the game. Here's my argument: Item forming and Aug resets are not simple conveniences. Getting the resources to make a top-tier ship and a set of augs for it is a major part of the game, and augs are balanced to be more or less permanent. When you reset a ship's worth of augs at the higher tech levels it's possible (depending upon the augs being reset) that you are essentially buying billions of credits in straight build costs plus multiple ada sheets, tier 3 commods, dementium, etc. If you intend to re-use the aug on another ship setup, you're buying lots of credits and resources with that aug reset. If you intend to sell the aug or item formed ship, it amounts to buying lots of credits.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:25 am
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

ELITE wrote:
I feel like $10 for Ship Item form is fine. I don't agree with $30 for an Augmenter reset :/.

Agreed, to date I've used like 10+ item forms but only 0 aug resets using SP or $.

As for the name change, would $25 be worth washing away your past crimes? Probably undervalued in that sense. But just for aesthetic considerations, $25 does seem like too much.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:39 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Dorin Nube wrote:
Here's my argument: Item forming and Aug resets are not simple conveniences. Getting the resources to make a top-tier ship and a set of augs for it is a major part of the game, and augs are balanced to be more or less permanent. When you reset a ship's worth of augs at the higher tech levels it's possible (depending upon the augs being reset) that you are essentially buying billions of credits in straight build costs plus multiple ada sheets, tier 3 commods, dementium, etc. If you intend to re-use the aug on another ship setup, you're buying lots of credits and resources with that aug reset. If you intend to sell the aug or item formed ship, it amounts to buying lots of credits.

You've already acquired the resources, or the resources have already been spent, for the ship and augs. There is nothing new being put into the game.

You're not buying billions of credits in build cost, you're taking the credits that you've already invested in one ship and paying MORE money to reinvest them in a different ship.

The admins are going to allow us to sell Space Points in game, this amounts to buying lots of credits basically.

It is convenience, because nothing new is being created. The costs that you speak of have already been paid...

Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:36 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
Dorin Nube wrote:
Here's my argument: Item forming and Aug resets are not simple conveniences. Getting the resources to make a top-tier ship and a set of augs for it is a major part of the game, and augs are balanced to be more or less permanent. When you reset a ship's worth of augs at the higher tech levels it's possible (depending upon the augs being reset) that you are essentially buying billions of credits in straight build costs plus multiple ada sheets, tier 3 commods, dementium, etc. If you intend to re-use the aug on another ship setup, you're buying lots of credits and resources with that aug reset. If you intend to sell the aug or item formed ship, it amounts to buying lots of credits.

You've already acquired the resources, or the resources have already been spent, for the ship and augs. There is nothing new being put into the game.

You're not buying billions of credits in build cost, you're taking the credits that you've already invested in one ship and paying MORE money to reinvest them in a different ship.

The admins are going to allow us to sell Space Points in game, this amounts to buying lots of credits basically.

It is convenience, because nothing new is being created. The costs that you speak of have already been paid...

Those are fair enough arguments. Personally, I'm still of the opinion that augs are meant to be (mostly) disposable items. Once you use one on a ship, it can't (for the most part) be used on another one. Part of the cost of upgrading a ship is getting all new augs for it. That's just my opinion though. It's mostly based on "the way the game always was meant to be," but sometimes I'm overly old-school that way.

On the topic of buying / selling space points: The market between players will come to some conclusion about how much real cash SS credits are worth. It will be interesting to see how that compares to the cost of resetting expensive augs and itemforming expensive ships. Will it be cost effective to pay for the reset of certain augs, or will it be cheaper (in terms of real cash) to simply buy credits and use those (or space points directly) to buy new augs outright?

HAL wrote:

Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:01 pm
Contributor

Dorin Nube wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
Dorin Nube wrote:

Those are fair enough arguments. Personally, I'm still of the opinion that augs are meant to be (mostly) disposable items. Once you use one on a ship, it can't (for the most part) be used on another one. Part of the cost of upgrading a ship is getting all new augs for it. That's just my opinion though. It's mostly based on "the way the game always was meant to be," but sometimes I'm overly old-school that way.

On the topic of buying / selling space points: The market between players will come to some conclusion about how much real cash SS credits are worth. It will be interesting to see how that compares to the cost of resetting expensive augs and itemforming expensive ships. Will it be cost effective to pay for the reset of certain augs, or will it be cheaper (in terms of real cash) to simply buy credits and use those (or space points directly) to buy new augs outright?

Either way, Star Sonata's Bank Account wins.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:04 pm
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

Aug reset price is fine. It's your own fault if you are stupid to use all your aug reset missions from Shadow.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:34 pm
Contributor

Badgerlost wrote:
Aug reset price is fine. It's your own fault if you are stupid to use all your aug reset missions from Shadow.

Lol.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Badgerlost wrote:

Got to agree there, but only because I've hoarded mine so carefully over the years :)

It may not be quite fair for the people who have been FC for years and had more ships to reset the augs on, but screw 'em. They're OP anyway :)

HAL wrote:

Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:47 am
Main: Prophet of Adum
Level: 7787

MasterTrader wrote:
Badgerlost wrote:

Lol.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:12 pm
Contributor

Frostbite wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
Badgerlost wrote:

Lol.

Glad someone else sees.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:28 pm

I've still got most of mine and I'm in end game ships.

People need to be more careful and choose/calculate their setups wisely. After all that's what test server is for. well that's what I use it for

Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:34 pm
Contributor

Badgerlost wrote:

People need to be more careful and choose/calculate their setups wisely. After all that's what test server is for. well that's what I use it for

The admins have said time and time again that's not what the test server is for.

The game needs to be designed for the people that will not have access to "limited time" opportunities. Perfect example is people with 9 mods.

It's a convenience purchase, it's in the Admins best interest to get players to purchase them.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Oh so basically you are saying in smart for using test server for testing setups. Thanks :)

Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:50 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Badgerlost wrote:

Thats probably cause Helro wasn't dumb.
Your older account Lt.Stiffler probably on the other hand.. :P

Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:09 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next