Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Re: Lower the number of space points required for ingame usa
Pretty sure Jeff hasnt even read the forum for atleast the entirity of this year :lol:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:57 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

JeffL:
Last visited: -

Last post:
JeffL
Post subject: Re: Weekly Dev Notes - 24th June
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:30 am

Nice

I think he might be dead... Last post was 26th of June 2015.
Before that was April and then before that post was Feb...

Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:09 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

he's busy preparing for the release of some steam

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:31 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Just because a suggestion has been up for a while, that doesn't mean it's worth anything. This one in particular is pretty touchy because you are asking Jeff to potentially reduce his income. It may be true that reducing the cost would disproportionately increase the volume, but you haven't proven that at all.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:14 am
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

I reiterate my previous response to this thread from last year copied below.

In summary it's not about lowering the devs income, its a realization that they leave a TON of money on the table (which hurts us all) through a very poorly monetized f2p/p2p framework. They could add a lot of pay-for-convenience or pay-for-cosmetic features that would bring them new income without unbalancing the game. Though I still stand by my opinion that some of the current players are the main obstacle to doing this, and not the devs themselves.

dreadlordnaf wrote:
In general I agree in concept that SS could both make players happier and increase their own revenue allowing them to be more successful and invest more in development if they revised their pricing schemes and specially add in "pay for convenience" and/or "pay for cosmetic" (name changes, ship colors, etc) features. But this assumes they have the back end capacity for all this. If they are so overworked and loaded right now that they can only handle X number of name change/aug resets a week, then lowering the price will only lower their revenue, if they are unable to actually process more.

But I do think their payment model is outdated. Games like Guild Wars, League of Legends and tons of other MMO's make millions and are funded purely through pay for convenience and/or cosmetic features. These games usually take great care to make sure there is no in-game statistical combat/material advantage from their pay features, so that the game is not pay-to-win and I think SS could achieve a similar balance.

I will be voting for your suggestion, but unfortunately I see the biggest hurdle to this the SS players themselves. I suggested something once like this and got a lot of push back. People irrationally see things like pay-for-convenience and even pay-for-cosmetics as pay-to-win since in their mind paying players are getting something they aren't. They cant wrap their heads around basic economics and think everything should be f2p. Also many people will oppose on principle. I recall when the Stront-90 missions were added in a lot of higher level players did not like this. They hated it because while it didnt take anything away from them, it made life a bit easier for p2per to level and in their mind "if they had to suffer and grind, then everyone else should have to also." These players would probably go ballistic if there were a way to pay to make the game more convenient. In their minds it would somehow diminish the suffering and annoyances they have endured over the years.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:47 pm
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Even if it isn't worth anything, the fifth highest suggestion on the suggestions voting should at least have an admin acknowledgement and even if that's to say no and then remove it from the list.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:17 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Zeuss wrote:
Even if it isn't worth anything, the fifth highest suggestion on the suggestions voting should at least have an admin acknowledgement and even if that's to say no and then remove it from the list.

That takes effort.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:20 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Zeuss wrote:

I agree. Even if Jeff (or whoever makes the call on what's going to get done) only did 5 suggestions a week and did a yes / no / possibly on them atleast we wouldn't have a list of 200 suggestions where perhaps 50% wont ever even get considered, yet people are still awaiting a status update.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:24 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Even if we can't say for sure what would be better income overall, at least opening the topic for discussion with a few admin responses can't hurt.

Jeff seems to be the only one who has control over prices of anything so I guess we just need to wait for him to show up.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:24 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

It was revealed recently that the uk took more tax money after reducing its rate of tax. more people paid it when deemed to be more reasonable.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

I've noticed this is gained a lot of attention will mention this within the next meeting and see what the outcome is.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:30 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

http://i.snag.gy/GTR2m.jpg

Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:14 pm