Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Post Broadsword Launchers Mark IV
So I was going to build some Claymore Class Launcher Mark IV's when I noticed that they (Broadsword Class Launcher Mark IV) cost 950 mill at the current time on the market, I checked wiki to see why and realized that the only AI in the game that drops this launcher is Ismail, a low level uber that is freighter-based. My suggestion is either put it on the DG drop tables like the Mark V launcher, which mind you is 450 mill on the market at this current time, half the price of the previous tier, or put it on a non-uber AI like the Rapier Class Launcher Mark IV, which is dropped in Hyperion by the Kalthi Avengers.

I must also ask, why was that launcher put only on Ismail of all AI, that seems very odd, it's like putting Hermes Augmenters to only drop from Scarlet.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:42 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Post Re: Broadsword Launchers Mark IV
SunDog60 wrote:
I checked wiki to see why and realized that the only AI in the game that drops this launcher is Ismail

This information is not correct, all the NCC-Bulks in East Vindia have a chance to drop the Broadsword Class Launcher Mark IV :)

Market prices are also affected by a lot of factors like:

- Is it part of content that is desirable for other drops?
- Is it part of content that is desirable for both freemium and premium players?

So this launcher is already on the drop table of the regular NCC-Bulks, and I would probably make a quick guess that the main reason to why it is more expensive is because more people do the content that drops the higher tech launcher, and the lower tech launcher is more desirable because freemium players can use it ;)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:00 am
Main: lights out
Level: 66

yeah its probably why the market is fucked with certain items that get flooded, but no one bothers making a use for it so it just stays dormant, collecting dust or just people AI basing it

Bigger asshole than Wizard, The Voomy One, Blake/Pimp, Fruits, Shadowblade, Enkelin, Tobal, Hitler and O.J. Simpson combined

Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

The Vert wrote:
SunDog60 wrote:
I checked wiki to see why and realized that the only AI in the game that drops this launcher is Ismail

This information is not correct, all the NCC-Bulks in East Vindia have a chance to drop the Broadsword Class Launcher Mark IV :)

Market prices are also affected by a lot of factors like:

- Is it part of content that is desirable for other drops?
- Is it part of content that is desirable for both freemium and premium players?

So this launcher is already on the drop table of the regular NCC-Bulks, and I would probably make a quick guess that the main reason to why it is more expensive is because more people do the content that drops the higher tech launcher, and the lower tech launcher is more desirable because freemium players can use it ;)

Well, for starters it doesn't exactly matter if you're F2P or P2P, the launcher is tech 17, for Earthforce Battlecruisers, though more likely to be used by F2P but can also be used by P2P. The next one from DG drops is tech 19, which F2P's can also use on Battleships. I'm pretty sure the only reason why it's so expensive, is because it's on the drop tables in East Vindia, not exactly a place you go to when you think of farming for money and gear. Not really more desirable to freemium players. Well, I'm going to go farm for two of them to build myself the claymore versions of it, and not bother building any more to sell at my shop unless a teammate needs one. Because I'd have to put it at least 1 bill and that would be more expensive then the tech 19 one.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:00 pm