Team: Aidelon
Main: xXAlienXx
Level: 1322

Post PvP only server
My suggestion today is to make a server that is dedicated to players, old and new, who want to experience the joy of exploration, danger, and excitement of how SS was back in the old days. Now I've only heard stories and seen pictures of how it was back then and to tell you the truth, it sounds great.

The server would contain all the current data the current server contains but with a few tweaks:

Instead of resetting the universe every 3 months, it will occurs every 5 months instead.

With every reset every character will be wiped back to level 1 however all characters within the game will be able to carry over at most 1 item from there previous uni so if a player manage to get a good ship, for 20 bucks, he/she can item form it and bring it over.

Upon starting a new universe, W4 will be off limits for a total of 5 days.

T19 ubers and skills will be locked for everyone until 8 days. T20 until 10 days.

Olympus, Kidd, red photon and all other T21 ubers will be locked until the 25th day after a reset.

The prawn and the Heph machine will only have 3 augslots on this servers.

The max amount of population a colony can reach will also be a limit based on the danger factor of the Galaxy its in multiplied by 10 million.

Earthforce space will also be pvpable.

There will be no PvP limit, however, nexus will be non-pvpable.

Now for the incentive to play:

Emp rules will still apply for this server, however they will be much more rewarding.

If you are the Emp at the end of the universe, and have held the emp spot for at last 1 consecutive week, you and the team you are on while in the PvP server will all resive a total of 100bill in coins in the real server, 5 space points and a special slot in the PvP server emp of fame which will hold you team character names in gold on the main page with the emp in a special design.

The emp in the team will also resive a wish witch they can use to get 1item of there choice on the main server.

Please excuse any grammar or spelling issues, did this on an android, and as always, your thoughts below.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:00 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: PvP only server
Hell no x100. So many bad ideas on this one.

HOWEVER, something more like a secondary server that only goes up for 1 month each uni (right in the middle) with full server wipes each time, much faster XP gain, full PvP, and no stasis gens… has already been mentioned by the devs as a real possibility. So if you can reposition your idea in terms of that, it'll have a much better chance of success.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:08 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

anilv wrote:

What the fucking fuck is this pile of shit XD.

Seperate server for pvp, yes.

A bunch of unneeded limitations and rules, no.

Server rewards for the "real" server, no. Ruins the point of it being seperate.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:56 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: xXAlienXx
Level: 1322

anilv wrote:

HOWEVER, something more like a secondary server that only goes up for 1 month each uni (right in the middle) with full server wipes each time, much faster XP gain, full PvP, and no stasis gens… has already been mentioned by the devs as a real possibility. So if you can reposition your idea in terms of that, it'll have a much better chance of success.

I wasn't aware something like this had been suggested already. Lucky I waited before adding this to the suggestion list.
Edit: could I get a lock or a delete on this one?

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:02 am