Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Make Timotheus the Red an instanced uber.
We've had a discussion in All chat about this and the majority of the playerbase seems to want this uber instanced so that more players can have a shot at it.
Even if that perhaps means you can only do him once per universe and if he will be twice as strong as he is currently.

It seems unfair to a lot of us that only a very small amount of people has access to this uber, yet its gear is incredibly strong.

To (hopefully) get the Dev team's attention towards this suggestion I'd like you all to vote on it. Wether you want it or absolutely don't want it, just vote it.
http://www.starsonata.com/suggestions

At the moment it's the 5th suggestion with 211 - 1 record. Thanks in advance! :)

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Last edited by DarkSteel on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:23 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Make Timotheur the Red an instanced uber.
As an Anger Aug owner, /signed

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:26 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

The thing with Timotheus the Red is it gives some of the best loot in the entire game there is no doubt about that. But it has been made a roamer which is near-impossible to find. It doesn't matter if the dungeon Timotheus is put in is guarded by Nightfuries, Scruples and Scruplings and has a 1 month+ lockout and is double the strength. At the end of the day, it gives people the chance to do this boss and access some of the loot that he gives. New players will miss out on the opportunity to fight an entertaining boss.

/signed

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:27 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Make Timotheus the Red an instanced uber.
Instance version should have lower drop rates also. Actually it might not need to be an instance at all as long as it's got a lockout.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:31 pm
Contributor

Tomzta09 wrote:
New players will miss out on the opportunity to fight an entertaining boss.

New players? I've been around for years and I've never actually done him :roll:

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:36 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

The thing with RNF is that its a actual nice incentive for pvp which there isnt many of in SS. However its very rare for one team to find RNF let alone two teams. I would much rather there be a shout in all chat every time RNF spawns, something like RNF shouting stuff is red colored chat mocking us to find him. That will have everyone scurrying around looking for him and then probably pvping while trying to kill him, fun stuff.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:57 pm
Main: Cancelled
Level: 0

lol 1 month lockout? why not just have bind on equip or pickup with his gear to prevent over inflation and lower the lockout time

and instancing fits with the consistency with the other ubers, most of them anyway

though maybe consider him as a super uber or something, and put him in his own galaxy non-instanced, and have no lockout, but instead he respawns every 2 weeks or something like that

then make other super ubers off of the same concept with powerful gear

makes pvp have a whole new meaning when you have powerful loot on the line

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:03 pm

redalert150 wrote:
The thing with RNF is that its a actual nice incentive for pvp which there isnt many of in SS. However its very rare for one team to find RNF let alone two teams. I would much rather there be a shout in all chat every time RNF spawns, something like RNF shouting stuff is red colored chat mocking us to find him. That will have everyone scurrying around looking for him and then probably pvping while trying to kill him, fun stuff.

That won't happen. The only outcomes that could possibly come from that are:
1. Only one team bothers to turn up because the rest don't want to lose their glory from PVPing.
2. Lots of people turn up and instead of actually killing the boss, they spend the whole time killing eachother.

Worth noting: Why do you need a reason to PVP anymore? The Dividing Contrast have been PVPing freely. :lol:

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:51 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

I'd love to see him put into an extremely hard DG, that actually requires full 10 man squads.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:25 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: Devil'sEye
Level: 5406

lol ye. Even if it sounds like we are too demanding and want the content to be as we want, but then this sounds about right. I mean yeah the playerbase has to have this right.
Care for those who are less active ;). It's a game at the end.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:48 pm
Profile YIM

Tomzta09 wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

That won't happen. The only outcomes that could possibly come from that are:
1. Only one team bothers to turn up because the rest don't want to lose their glory from PVPing.
2. Lots of people turn up and instead of actually killing the boss, they spend the whole time killing eachother.

Worth noting: Why do you need a reason to PVP anymore? The Dividing Contrast have been PVPing freely. :lol:

1. There is probably 3 people in game who care about glory, seriously who cares about glory :lol: Im sure most time its just going to be one team to show up, but im sure there will also be multiple occasions when a bunch of people show up and things get interesting. The only issue i see there is the chance of some noob ninja looting from the people who just killed RNF, while hilarious there would obviously have to be something about that.

2. Whats the problem with a bunch of people pvping? Sounds like a actual incentive to pvp for once! You cant tell me that pvping while trying to kill a uber at the same time is not epic fun. I ran into this situation last Christmas event trying to kill Astro Grinch, was my zerk and monk vs some RE prawn and monk. I killed him a few times then got Grinches health low, then RE guy regained and killed me a few times we continued this back and forth until we finished off grinch. Was epic, we each said fun stuff and went our separate ways.

ELITE wrote:
I'd love to see him put into an extremely hard DG, that actually requires full 10 man squads.

If he were to be put in a DG i would want nothing less then a room with 4 delquads 2 hawks 1 hive! All 10 lvls this way!

Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:36 am
Contributor

I'd personally rather just have him instanced and not have a whole bunch of PvP drama around it, but that's just me.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:52 am

For number 2, what I'm saying is he won't be killed because everyone will be killing eachother. Regardless he should be out into his own DG somewhere, with an insanely long lockout. As someone said yesterday, only two teams ever see him.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:53 am

i dont understand why pvp has to come with drama, it should be a fun aspect of the game. You dont lose anything now from pvp so why be mad?

Like i said i would really much rather have RNF shout in all chat in all red, if that were to happen a lot more then two teams would go looking for him. It would become like a world event, which are the funnest things to do in some other games i play. If he is to be put in a DG i still think this idea should also be implemented, although the incentive to pvp will be gone since you could just wait for your lockout to be done and do him, meh.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:13 am
Contributor

Him shouting in all chat still wouldn't solve the issue I have with him dropping some of the best items in the game, but only spawning once every few weeks and not being available to 99% of the playerbase. Perhaps your idea would lower that number to, say, 80% but that's still too high if you ask me. It's an endgame uber and it should be available to everyone, just like every other piece of content is available to everyone.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:19 am