Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Post Re: Remove account base slot restrictions
Deserves a bump.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:37 pm
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

Hello. As some may remember I did poll the forum many months about for some preliminary information about base slot usage. This is because I would like to rebalance base slots at some point. Unfortunately, there has been no time for me to devote to this project since then. Part of the issue is that I don't want to do a bandaid fix, but a proper rebalance that will considerably improve the game. But that sort of thing requires a lot of care and also a lot of discussion with other devs to make sure it's the correct direction for SS.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:46 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

yclepticon wrote:
Hello. As some may remember I did poll the forum many months about for some preliminary information about base slot usage. This is because I would like to rebalance base slots at some point. Unfortunately, there has been no time for me to devote to this project since then. Part of the issue is that I don't want to do a bandaid fix, but a proper rebalance that will considerably improve the game. But that sort of thing requires a lot of care and also a lot of discussion with other devs to make sure it's the correct direction for SS.

Thanks for the response :) . Hopefully now or sometime soon it can be continued to be worked on. I hope!!

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:24 pm
Main: Shadow Wolf
Level: 3550

xcrunner5 wrote:
Except it doesn't get at the reason for using a low level alt in the first place? I'd gladly drop a few t20 ada kits to defend a valuable resource like that, however, to actually defend it and have a good chance of not loosing anything (including the galaxy), I have to put down at minimum 1 fully developed account's worth of slots, and even then it would probably need more slots to make sure it wouldn't get killed.

Or I can use a level 200 alt I have, put down 2 kits, using 1/15 the slots.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:21 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Dno why you posted that here but....
anilv wrote:
You have spelled out why you are in the wrong more clearly than I could ever have done. EF had the choice to pay a surrender price. If your team had paid this, you would be able to extract ruins and build colonies all over creation, as you have done in the past. Unfortunately, you or your leadership chose not to pay the price and you are now suffering excessive risk and defense costs. I am pleased to see that reps from RE and SRX agree with me that circumventing war with a level 218 alt in Warp 3 is wholly inappropriate, and I'm sure that the majority of endgame players are with me as well.

Live ticker update: EF too cheap to surrender but also too cheap for war.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:29 am
Main: Shadow Wolf
Level: 3550

Rounder wrote:
Please remove account base slot restrictions.

Why? The 'Sonatan-dream' is to own a decently-sized solar system (otherwise known as galaxies in this game) and have the ability to defend and utilize that property, all with one account. Right now, that Sonatan-dream can only be achieved with multiple accounts - in my case, more like 3-5 for a really solid galaxy. If Star Sonata wants to offer a competitive experience to the player base, account slot restrictions need to be removed.

Why was the restriction implemented in the first place? Well, having played in the past, this was rather useful when the buildable universe was a fraction of the current space with arguably just a few less account slots available. However, since we have moved onto higher building standards (more base slots) and more space available to colonize, the universe for the first time showed signs of a net deficit of civilization (last universe before C2). A quick look at your wild-space map and you will see just how small this 'civilized space' is these days.

So long as the server can handle it, I can think of little reason why account slots should exist .

The specifics:

1) Remove the account base-slots divisor for subsequent character base slots
- Allow players to have ExE, CA, StM all on one account and utilize the trade skills fully
- New theoretical max usable ExE/CA/StM base slots per account is roughly 2.2x higher than it is currently for a 5-character account (assuming no MfMs)

2) Remove the galaxy limitation of 10 kits per character

Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:30 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Rounder wrote:

This limitation really has no place.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:46 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Antilzah wrote:
Rounder wrote:

This limitation really has no place.

It's no longer in game, I'm pretty sure.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:19 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

yclepticon wrote:

There is no bandaid fix. Give all character their full base slots and it's completely solved. That was easy.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:36 pm
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

to be fair allowing people full use of base slots wouldnt change much aside from a few people subbing a few less accounts for colo whoring, considering slaves will still be needed to ship stuff around it should hardly affect current subscriptions.

But! the universe size needs to shrink quite a lot and general gal quality increase so that it isnt possible to just whore out huge amounts of gals for commods/cols and to create an actual reason for territory conflicts which has been absent for... quite a while.

tldr, shrink wildspace, more base slots.

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:00 pm
Contributor

Gal quality is fine. You should be happy you weren't around when we had gals with only a 1 sun in it that you'd have to own and lay kits in just to link them to the rest of your space. Having a 2 planet gal is the bare minimum and its extremely unlikely for that to happen.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:05 am
Contributor

I wonder if we can get another update on this? Still really has to be looked at fast imo. It's pretty stupid how it is right now. :roll:

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:06 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

I demand a Pixel or SI look.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:28 am
Team: Public Enemy
Main: The Architect
Level: 157

It will never happen as it will hurt the game. i.e. less accounts being subbed. Less $$$$ for Jeff to party with.

Same goes with multclienting. The more the merrier.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:59 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

heylo wrote:
I wonder if we can get another update on this? Still really has to be looked at fast imo. It's pretty stupid how it is right now. :roll:

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:15 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next