Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Remove account base slot restrictions
pocket9s wrote:
It will never happen as it will hurt the game. i.e. less accounts being subbed. Less $$$$ for Jeff to party with.

Same goes with multclienting. The more the merrier.

Do you really think that people would unsub accounts and continue to build at the current level? More likely they'd just build more bases.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:00 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

There will come a point where it becomes beyond difficult to manage that amount of bases.

Honestly they should go in the opposite direction: Make it so you only get one base per galaxy. Extractors/colonies/blueprint workshops and everything else would be modules you could put on planets, with no offensive gear or anything like that, and would be invulnerable until the base in the galaxy is destroyed/captured.

After that you make bases really fucking strong and give permanent drones more of a role in base defense with their own long lasting but slightly weaker auras, while also creating Temporary Base Busting/Invulnerability/Buffs/Debuff drones with short but strong auras.

Then you don't have this kerfuffle about base slots, and the admins can have granular control over the system. They could even make it so that a team can only own but so many galaxies.

Long story short, there are ways to overhaul the current system while preserving most of it so that you don't have issues where MCers have insane advantages over regular people. MCers would still have the advantage of slave slots and such, but not much else.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:15 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

MasterTrader wrote:
Make it so you only get one base per galaxy.

Umm.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:40 pm
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

Antilzah wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Umm.

Sounds incredibly boring, I rather enjoy having to setup the infrastructure of a galaxy. Unfortunately at a certain point, account slots hinder that process. I do think they need to be re-balanced. Just my 2 cents.

- Chrono

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:49 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Antilzah wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Umm.

Quote:
Extractors/colonies/blueprint workshops and everything else would be modules you could put on planets, with no offensive gear or anything like that, and would be invulnerable until the base in the galaxy is destroyed/captured.

The whole point is so base slots per account aren't the only lever that the admins have control over, they can then have control over how many extractors/workshops/modules/colonies/etc that people can have become variables that they can fine tune and balance on their own.

I have to take a step back and acknowledge that one base per galaxy is a stupid idea, but the whole point is de-emphasizing the necessity of bases and add new emphasis on other directly controllable aspects of galaxy maintenance.

You don't want to cause everyone who own 2+ accounts to quit, or the game dies with them. But you also don't want to continue giving perpetual cake, because at that point you stifle any chance of up and coming players being included in the game. No one needs other people when you can be entirely self sufficient... And at that point you're playing an MSORPG

Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:23 pm
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Ideally it'd be possible to have reasonable bases with one character. I'd wager most players will want to build a home before having to start a new character *just* for that.

-Merge all trade skills into 1 skill and give it a pool of slots, these slots would then be used (via items or the X command) to endow individual bases/slaves with the desired effect.

Drones kind of suck anyway so just buff them to not need stm and be done with it.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:47 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

The Salty One wrote:

Drones kind of suck anyway so just buff them to not need stm and be done with it.

Being worked on by the looks of it:

Pixel wrote:
The next step is improving permanent drones! :)

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:03 pm
Main: ChikushodoPain
Level: 3616

ELITE wrote:
heylo wrote:
I wonder if we can get another update on this? Still really has to be looked at fast imo. It's pretty stupid how it is right now. :roll:

Tue May 24, 2016 3:55 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

The simplest design is often the best.

First character, 5 Stations regardless of tech, 5 Platforms regardless of tech.
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth
+

Station Research gives +10% Range, Shield, and Energy (to Stations) just like Drone Research.

Station Research 5 also gives +1 Base slot.

Drone Research 5 gives +1 Drone slot (both perma and temporary)

Engineer's Drone Mastery skill +1/+2/+3 Drone deployment removed to reflect changes.

Tue May 24, 2016 4:20 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

carterstrain wrote:
The simplest design is often the best.

First character, 5 Stations regardless of tech, 5 Platforms regardless of tech.
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth
+

Station Research gives +10% Range, Shield, and Energy (to Stations) just like Drone Research.

Station Research 5 also gives +1 Base slot.

Drone Research 5 gives +1 Drone slot (both perma and temporary)

Engineer's Drone Mastery skill +1/+2/+3 Drone deployment removed to reflect changes.

In what world is this simple? wtf

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue May 24, 2016 5:30 am

The "simple" part is that your Characters get 5 stations and 5 drones regardless of how many characters are in play. You also get 5 temp drones (Drone Mastery changed). You get a sixth station at SR5 and a sixth drone (temp and perma) at DR5.

The admins never understand this kind of simple explanation and ask me to "explain" it to them step by step by fucking step. None of them can build a fucking lego set.

Tue May 24, 2016 7:32 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

carterstrain wrote:
The "simple" part is that your Characters get 5 stations and 5 drones regardless of how many characters are in play. You also get 5 temp drones (Drone Mastery changed). You get a sixth station at SR5 and a sixth drone (temp and perma) at DR5.

The admins never understand this kind of simple explanation and ask me to "explain" it to them step by step by fucking step. None of them can build a fucking lego set.

WTB church as a preschool teacher. Senpai teach me how to lego

Tue May 24, 2016 7:33 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

It's only simple if your mind is twisted.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue May 24, 2016 7:53 am

anilv wrote:
It's only simple if your mind is twisted.

Considering it came out of your mouth first I have to wonder. :P

Tue May 24, 2016 8:08 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Good news! We're changing how this works :) We aren't removing account slots entirely, but we're just changing it to a flat 150 for everyone (which means you can have 3 maxed characters worth of bases). It should make it a lot easier for everyone to get the max bases out of their account.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Wed May 25, 2016 5:44 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next