Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Post Lagrange Skills
The damage soak skills should apply AFTER resists! They really just aren't useful in their current state.

I'd say the damage skills should also get + damage from augs/skills but that would be a pretty big change... on the other hand it'd also make them relevant again. Maybe it could be + damage up to X%, like the zen of far reaching skill?

Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:23 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

Post Re: Lagrange Skills
Would be nice for them to be changed somehow.

Do drones and slaves inherit half these?

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:02 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Lagrange Skills
Control skills are actually quite all right for what they do. My SD gets about 12% bonus DPS from Heat/Mining Control 25 when using the right weapons. To put it in perspective, that is like picking up an extra Might of Atlas 6. Granted, you only see those numbers using multi-shot weapons at high RoF or MF level, but no one ever said that every optional skill should be beneficial to every class and setup.

As far as Resistance skills, they aren't going to change the soak mechanic just to make these skills relevant. Soak balance is a serious consideration for base combat and changing it dramatically is out of the question. I agree that 25 Damage Reduction just hasn't done much for years, though. Compared to players, AI just don't attack rapidly enough or with enough projectiles.

vampire2948 wrote:
Do drones and slaves inherit half these?

No, slaves inherit basically nothing from their owners. The only exception is 1/2 the level of focus, class, and class subskills. I am blanking on what happens with drones but they certainly don't get anything that slaves don't get. And I believe that missiles and fighters get 1/3 of those skill levels.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:11 am