Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

Post Missile & Aura Interaction
Been on a few runs recently with my Shield Monkey using a Support Cruiser & Shield Bank aura along with some gunners.

This really screws up Armada Charge drones, as the aura gives missiles some extra bank, and the charges heal them - Then the missiles go and explode. The charges very quickly lose their shields for nothing.

Can we make auras not affect missiles? Or else make shield bank auras fill their shields immediately?

Paladin,

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:18 am
Main: Skirmish
Level: 5189

Post Re: Missile & Aura Interaction
I posted about this ages ago. DGing with shield bank buff aura that disappears / reappears each time you warp only sucks the elec from anyone with shield regen entering the same galaxy as the ShM.

Would make more sense if it increased current shield level by the same amount as bank imo.

Ofc, it's also going to need a mechanic to lower actual shield level when they leave the aura to prevent spamming a team / squad's shields up from 0 by toggling aura.

Last edited by Skirmish on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:37 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Second this. And if they fix it they should fix all auras which do this. The Delta fighter for FC has an aura which increases shield bank for other fighters. But same problem, it only increases the max shielding not the current. So all your fighters get a bump in their max shield, but then just dock 20-30 seconds later anyway, making that temporary bump totally pointless or wasteful of acharges trying to regen them.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:04 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

Please vote on the suggestion in the suggestion voting thingy: http://www.starsonata.com/suggestions

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:51 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

vampire2948 wrote:
Been on a few runs recently with my Shield Monkey using a Support Cruiser & Shield Bank aura along with some gunners.

This really screws up Armada Charge drones, as the aura gives missiles some extra bank, and the charges heal them - Then the missiles go and explode. The charges very quickly lose their shields for nothing.

Can we make auras not affect missiles? Or else make shield bank auras fill their shields immediately?

Paladin,

Super annoying with Sup. Prot drones, they give missiles a flat 15k shields iirc, and that tends to drain the healer drones fairly quickly when you have more than one person spraying missiles.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:52 pm