Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Post Alternatives for augmenter tweaking missions
I feel we need more alternatives for aug tweak mission. They are huge threshold for new players. Condenser missions are the worst because they can't be farmed efficiently.

There are several different paths for fixing condensers.
1) Much higher general drop chance.
2) Adding condensers as common drops to certain areas (making them more farmable).
3) Making condensers available for sale in a special AI base (infinite supply for raw creds).
4) Adding alternatives for condenser augmenter tweaking missions.
5) Major overhaul of augmenter tweaking with replacing missions with general way of training skills. This could be similar to how Infinite Knowledge skill is trained. (Different AI bases for low and high level of AT with scaling skill commods)
6) Remove augmenter tweaking commods altogether. Have skill available for skill points purely.

Anyway I did some warp 2 DGs in earthforce layer and I got sup. aug condensers as drops. Wtf.

Last edited by Antilzah on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:14 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Alternatives for augmenter tweaking missions
Antilzah wrote:
Major overhaul of augmenter tweaking with replacing missions with general way of training skills. This could be similar to how Infinite Knowledge skill is trained. (Different AI bases for low and high level of AT with scaling skill commods)

Making condensers available for sale in a special AI base (infinite supply for raw creds).

Adding alternatives for condenser augmenter tweaking missions.

These are my choices out of your list, starting with the best one. Perhaps there should even be a centralized location where all tweaking skills are started, so that new players can get familiar with the idea of tweaking in the first place. There are probably a lot of noobs who never find out of about Station Tweaking, for example.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:20 am

anilv wrote:
Perhaps there should even be a centralized location where all tweaking skills are started, so that new players can get familiar with the idea of tweaking in the first place. There are probably a lot of noobs who never find out of about Station Tweaking, for example.

Good point.

I added sixth choice for original post.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

Let's see how long this reasonable suggestion takes to get implemented... :roll:

Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:41 am
over 9000!

MasterTrader wrote:
Let's see how long this reasonable suggestion takes to get implemented... :roll:

Who knows, apparently Traders has a secret dev team hookup. :roll:

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:26 pm
over 9000!

Antilzah wrote:
anilv wrote:
Perhaps there should even be a centralized location where all tweaking skills are started, so that new players can get familiar with the idea of tweaking in the first place. There are probably a lot of noobs who never find out of about Station Tweaking, for example.

Good point.

I added sixth choice for original post.

I'm not sure making it a completely generic skill is the right way to go. There are already so many random skills in-game that it seems important to keep AT distinguished from the pack.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:27 pm
Main: GodSteel
Level: 3170

Condensers are mainly threshold for end game players who would like to pay raw credits for skipping all the content up to t21/t22.
Had you tried doing DF0-30 dgs instead of 400+, you would find that minor and basic condensers are quite common drop.
Especially now when all blueprints are visually distinguishable from other debrises, all you have to do is take gunner to a few w0-w1 dgs and pick up blue debrises.

Last edited by Godsteel on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:35 pm
over 9000!

Still, there could be a huge bottleneck if there's an influx of new players. Probably better to not make such a critical skill depend on the drop rate of minor/basic condensers.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:39 pm

anilv wrote:
Still, there could be a huge bottleneck if there's an influx of new players.

This is exactly what I'm fearing. If you check /mc for condensers, you will notice that supply is really low.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:22 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

But that means that low levels can make money super quick. Sell those condensers for 50mil a piece and they'll be making bilz.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:29 pm
Team: Public Enemy
Main: The Architect
Level: 157

I don't really see an issue here for the casual or the genuine new players. The problem lies with the people who own 5+ accounts and don't wanna spend the time in dg's for them. They finally fixed condensers a while ago by making all types available for turn in. These are a great money making asset for noobs like someone else said already.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:01 am
Dev Team
Main: SuperCow
Level: 25

I personally don't see the condensers as a major bottleneck considering that the missions will accept any condenser of their respective tiers. I will say however that it might be good to state in the missions for Augmenter Tweaking that Dungeon Galaxies are a great place to find the materials required.

It's relatively easy to acquire minor and basic condensers if you spend even a little bit of time doing low level DGs. Furthermore, the condensers are still a good way to make money as a new player and I'd hate to see that income source disappear.

If you're a high level player and you find it too tedious to go farm lower level DGs to get your alts Aug tweaking, then I feel you should be spending your credits to buy the materials from someone else.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:47 am
over 9000!

Precursor wrote:
I personally don't see the condensers as a major bottleneck considering that the missions will accept any condenser of their respective tiers. I will say however that it might be good to state in the missions for Augmenter Tweaking that Dungeon Galaxies are a great place to find the materials required.

It's relatively easy to acquire minor and basic condensers if you spend even a little bit of time doing low level DGs. Furthermore, the condensers are still a good way to make money as a new player and I'd hate to see that income source disappear.

If you're a high level player and you find it too tedious to go farm lower level DGs to get your alts Aug tweaking, then I feel you should be spending your credits to buy the materials from someone else.

Might it not become a bottleneck if the number of new players spikes with the Steam release, though?

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:25 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Why not just remove the DF limits on condensers? Right now basically all DGs that are run are high DF. Make it so that any condenser can drop in any DF and your will get a more even spread of them introduced. Rather than the extremely top heavy market on condensers.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:30 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Honestly, if people just knew when starting out that condensers are used for AT, and didn't "sell them/drop them/not bother to scoop them in the first place" like most of us probably did, it would probably be fine.

Maybe just add a bit more flavor text in their description that said something like: "Stellar scholars indicate that this item is used to acquire a skill of great power, and they recommend not selling it off too quickly."

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:56 am