Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post p2p Benefits
I think currently p2ps dont get enough perks for paying for this game $10 a month. SS shouldnt even really have the luxury of charging us $10 a month (some of us pay $30-$70). But since it does i think p2ps should get a lot more perks.

More ship slots for sure. More base slots would be nice as well. Perhaps throw in a custom skin for every 1st time sub? Bonus spacepoints for every 6month-1year of subs? I dont know just some more perks would be nice.

Sure we get to play endgame stuff, but honestly if i werent so in love with this game already $10 a month would for sure turn me away from this game. Not only will this potentially bring in more subs but will also keep long time subs happy!

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:57 pm
Main: GodSteel
Level: 3170

Post Re: p2p Benefits
redalert150 wrote:
I think currently p2ps dont get enough perks for paying for this game $10 a month.

It didn't feel like that when f2ps were capped at lvl 20 though :) Well, that's my personal feeling as I couldn't afford p2p and spent a few years as f2p. Finally going p2p was something huge.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:08 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

This makes a lot of sense from a marketing perspective.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:10 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

heylo wrote:
This makes a lot of sense from a marketing perspective.

I'm all for more ship slots and other benefits. Perks. Maybe the 6th character slot should be given to all p2ps.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:52 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Really wish they would embrace the F2P market and just go crazy selling power.

* Let people buy items to re roll their mods.
* Let people buy base slots with space points.
* Let people buy those new ship tech upgrade thingies with space points.
* Let people buy and sell Space Points from in auction in Free Market that can be remotely accessed.
* Let people use Space Points to buy team skills
* Let people use Space Points to buy Manufacturing Accelerators, which are temporary buffs to a bases worker tick rate or whatever the fuck roverts nanobotics does, but for a set amount of time.
* Let people use Space Points to buy double XP buffs or something.

Like come on, this game could make so much more money if you took the route of other F2P games and embraced the fuck out of microtransactions. Then what you do is you open up all of the current P2P content and make it accessible to everyone EXCEPT the Aveksaka layer.

:)

Then you tailor all of your juiciest updates and stuff for the Aveksaka layer. This shit isn't rocket science... lmao

Oh, do this and fix some of these issues:

MasterTrader wrote:
Advertising the game without doing something about the transition from early-mid game to mid game is going to cause serious problems. Players don't scale well compared to AI, due to needing to decide between investing skill points in AT/Class Skills/Core skills.

Get rid of the necessity of training AT (You can either make it something that automatically unlocks while you level, change AT scaling so that it doesn't boost your augs effectiveness by 100% at max level, or get rid of the skill entirely), and make class skills give a significant portion of their bonuses with the first 1-5 levels before you go blasting ads out for the game or you will see people become immensely frustrated with dying repeatedly to a single AI, or two AI, at the mid game if they don't use missiles, slaves, and drones.

The skeleton is there, you just need a few braces to smooth the transition from level 150-1000.

I promise you, you will not regret doing this. You will roll in money from all the motherfuckers on Steam with Steam cash willing to throw it into the Star Sonata economy.

Shit, I'd be willing to volunteer specifically to do whatever grunt busywork is neccessary in order to alter the mid game slump.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:07 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Fuck no. That's pay to win as fuck which kills a game longterm.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:22 pm
Contributor

heylo wrote:
Fuck no. That's pay to win as fuck which kills a game longterm.

Lmao like this game isn't pay to win as it is now lmao.

And win what? What would you win with I proposed that you don't win now?

And not only that, those things I suggested are far better than the pokemon trading and multiboxing that occurs now. At least in those situations the Pay2Win aspects are blatant and in your face for everyone to use.

With the current Pay2Win system, you are fucked if your computer can't handle running more than 1 of this client. So its even more pay to win because you have to pay for a good computer in order to pay more to win.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:31 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

MasterTrader wrote:
Lmao like this game isn't pay to win as it is now lmao.

How exactly is this game pay2win?

But before you answer, I need to clarify some things.

1. Pay2play is not same thing as pay2win. People are paying to access content. SS is like a free unlimited trial type of game.
2. You are clearly talking about real world trading in your message. It is pretty much impossible to remove it from any mmorpg.
3. Life of a multiclienter is not as easy as people think. I'm pretty sure amount of money I spent on experimenting and optimizing my squad for PPS would had been easily enough to buy a set of bursts and clenches. Credits used repairing and towing was also insanely high for my squad. But to be honest, I feel MCing discussion should be discussed in another thread. It has little to do with this one.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:21 pm
Contributor

This game isn't micro transaction pay to win, if that's what you're referring to. You gain direct benefits by subbing multiple accounts in the form of base slots. We can quibble over whether that's really pay to win in the context of the rest of the MMO market, but because of the way that the game is designed those who subscribe multiple accounts have access to more base slots which allows them to acquire currency, resources and territory that another player who did not do so cannot acquire without giving up what they already have.

If a team of players does this, they have a greater potential than those who do not. No, you don't get too outright buy base slots, but the end result of paying for +1 subscription is effectively buying base slots. Whether you have to do more "work" is irrelevant, as ArcheAge requires those who buy labor potions to do more "work" in order to "win". Also, in almost every other game that has intra player RMT it is factored into the decision whether people level it pay to win.

The reality is that people really don't give a fuck about pay to win. They care about how fun the game is and whether or not they are being unfairly abused by people who spend that money.

No one would care much about multiple subscriptions if you couldn't use them to get more base slots than other people. In fact, they wouldn't care about them if base slots weren't important. Multiclienting wasn't widespread until the admins severely limited base slots.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:27 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Going to to have to clarify things. SS is not very Pay2Win, discounting Multi-boxing. MBing is found in every MMORPG. However, all MMORPG's that grudgingly accept MBing realize that it is actually hard to MB. You have to control a second, third, etc player avatar in real time and usually including neutronian physics. That is actually pretty damn hard and very few people are fully capable of utilizing MBing to their advantage.

In SS, things are very different. The SS environment changes at a slow, relaxed pace. AI intelligence matrixes are one dimensional and easy to memorize. There is little combat randomization to throw people off. Enemies come out you with the same weapons, the same tactics, and from the same direction. You can focus aggro onto the tank with ease.

Base slot things were originally changed to reduce the server load. It was never returned, probably because the dev who did the change is no longer with us, making the change his "property". People happily open more accounts anyways. People in Eve can and will sub multiple accounts for more passive Data Research income.

--

I do, however, agree that being p2p needs a lot more benefits, especially if you're not level 2000 and have 5 T21/T22 setups ready to go. Prior to having the skillpoints needed to max class skills and get T21 skills, you gain access to Strontium-90 for some minor exp kill missions and you gain access to Subspace for some crappy Hybrid ships. That basically sums it up.

Freemium vs Premium skills is also a bit messed up. Everyone regards T20 as p2p content. Can get Equipment 20 as f2p. Cannot get Engine 19, Energy 19, and Radar 19 skills. Understandable that it's due to Perilous Space lock, but it looks shoddy from an outside perspective.

You could have it where going premium has an option to place all of your characters at level 1500, has all T20 tech skills, and a free (low end) T20 ship based on the character's chosen class or something. Basically, skip all the "f2p" content.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:47 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

carterstrain wrote:
You could have it where going premium has an option to place all of your characters at level 1500, has all T20 tech skills, and a free (low end) T20 ship based on the character's chosen class or something. Basically, skip all the "f2p" content.

That's actually an interesting idea.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:30 pm
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

anilv wrote:
carterstrain wrote:

That's actually an interesting idea.

Bit too much in my opinion, level 1.5k is more T22, make it say 800-900, let em get some levels before they can start T21 content perhaps? Can do something similar to the tech 21 Paxian ships for tech 20 ships for that. (Edit: obviously, not as powerful as the Pax ships ended up being, but you get the idea, four ships, no real class specialization to em)

Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:51 pm
Contributor

Oh yeah, lets let people pay to literally skip over 90% of the content in the game. Instead of, you know, making some targetted changes to make that content less frustrating...

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:45 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

MasterTrader wrote:
Oh yeah, lets let people pay to literally skip over 90% of the content in the game. Instead of, you know, making some targetted changes to make that content less frustrating...

Skip the Free to play content. You'd notice that Tech 20 is not f2p. I have yet to find a P2P that was lower than level 1500 for any reason. The benefits are few at low levels and it prevents them from playing their account if they decide they don't want to be P2P. To an active P2P that wants to open another account, they have to suffer through the low level shit again. You're almost guaranteed that such people are T20+.

Also, World of Warcraft did it for their Mist of Pandaria expansion. New (paying) players could choose to jump straight into level 90 content without having to grind through the previous 89 levels.

I'm all for making the f2p content better, more rewarding, and less retarded. But it's f2p content.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:38 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

carterstrain wrote:

You're up to something. I actually really like this kind of an idea. But I would say level 1000.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:58 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next