Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Post Re: p2p Benefits
The Salty One wrote:
No my argument says there should either be a reason to actually attack people (for profit), AI that are as strong as proper squads/bvb or just leave them alone to build shitty.

Honestly killing someone's stuff because you can make money is easy to understand, but killing it because "you should build better, though we could still kill you anyways" seems less motivating.

It would make a lot more sense if the playerbase was about 10x bigger. To take the ideals of the former Test Alliance Please Ignore leader rob3r, a hostile universe where there are many small to medium sized groups all vying for resource and advantage and the sheer number of diplomatic backstabbing that can occur, would probably be better off than the consolidated oligarchy of superpowers that is SS now.

The main issues now in this PVP mini discussion are that no one, bystanders or the attackers, can adequately make use of a defeated team's old space; and the logistics cost for making a move on a team half way across the universe are effectively zero. 90% of the time your enemies should be direct neighbors one or two jumps away. The ease of dropping an outpost, defending it for 24h, and then crushing people that don't have 20+ Anni kits (30 vs 15 BVB battles are yay) is not how I would like BVB to be about. The attacker needs to dig in, extract resources, and construct siegeworks before pushing the catapults and towers up to the enemy walls. Having to establish and secure a production base before making the final siege move is more of what I would be looking for.

Sun May 08, 2016 11:30 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: p2p Benefits
bump

Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:17 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7