Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: ChikushodoPain
Level: 3616

Post Re: Aggroable bases
carterstrain wrote:
All of this bullshit with trade slaves coming to your galaxy, and selling stuff to your AI base is already covered by having to actually own the galaxy before you do business. Want to do business but don't own the galaxy? Knock down whatever team already owns it.

The next issue is what to do about teams knocking other teams down for fun, rather than for reward? Simple. Make Outposts support considerably reduced amount of siege kits in enemy galaxy. Instead of the 30 TR vs 15 EF base siege that happened, it's now 5 TR bases vs 15 EF bases. I don't see how 5 Ada T20 kits geared with Ada gear is facing down 15 ada T20 kits geared with Anni Z gear. If you want to BVB someone with real force, build your HQ next to them.

Worst suggestion ever made.

Thu May 12, 2016 7:28 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

KonanCruss wrote:
carterstrain wrote:
All of this bullshit with trade slaves coming to your galaxy, and selling stuff to your AI base is already covered by having to actually own the galaxy before you do business. Want to do business but don't own the galaxy? Knock down whatever team already owns it.

The next issue is what to do about teams knocking other teams down for fun, rather than for reward? Simple. Make Outposts support considerably reduced amount of siege kits in enemy galaxy. Instead of the 30 TR vs 15 EF base siege that happened, it's now 5 TR bases vs 15 EF bases. I don't see how 5 Ada T20 kits geared with Ada gear is facing down 15 ada T20 kits geared with Anni Z gear. If you want to BVB someone with real force, build your HQ next to them.

Worst suggestion ever made.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu May 12, 2016 8:30 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

The issue is the Mother Team is light years away from the Noob Team. Being able to BVB an enemy team from an infinite distance away sounds very, very unfair. Especially when you can be level 3000 and still attack the level 50 galaxy in W1 while your team is comfortably sitting in DF300.

Thu May 12, 2016 12:12 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

It was mentioned in the meeting, they weren't too keen (didn't have much to say). So yeah, this wont be happening any time soon.

This is not a 100% confirmation, but its looking that way from my perspective.

Thu May 12, 2016 2:07 pm

carterstrain wrote:
The issue is the Mother Team is light years away from the Noob Team. Being able to BVB an enemy team from an infinite distance away sounds very, very unfair. Especially when you can be level 3000 and still attack the level 50 galaxy in W1 while your team is comfortably sitting in DF300.

Lol, and u think by implementing, so u can only attack with 5 kits when outposting a nearby gals, will fix it? U should actually play the game, at the place of bitching about everything u aren't up to date with.

Level means nothing, there are lv1.6k characters that can easly kill a general lv3k character in PvP, PvB, or BvB. This game is about falling down a billion times & experimenting. Sometimes the fall is to hard, so people quite. Think of something usefull to fix this, at the place of spouting nonsense. The funniest part about ur statement is that u really think that it would fix this problem. I'm sure experienced players can still shit on noob team their galaxies with 5 Ada Kits. But there won't be any way to BvB some majorly defended galaxies by end game teams.

Thu May 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Using outposts offensively is like the US invading Iraq.

Using your HQ offensively is like the US invading Canada.

Teleporting the entire US Army to Iraq feels unfair.

Thu May 12, 2016 3:05 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

carterstrain wrote:
Using outposts offensively is like the US invading Iraq.

Using your HQ offensively is like the US invading Canada.

Teleporting the entire US Army to Iraq feels unfair.

Comparing rl wars to ss pvp.

Lol

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu May 12, 2016 4:55 pm

I'm not against a large scale invasion of a little country. I'm against how fucking easy, fast, and unfair it is. How about I open a Pacific Rim level portal over your country's capital city and flood it with billions of troops, millions of tanks, thousands of warships, and hundreds of colossus mechs at a whim? Not so fun is it now that your country is (quite literally) flattened and I *only* lifted a finger. The effort is zero for me.

What can the defender do against me? Kill the Outpost. Okay. I get a new one for pennies on the dollar. Withstand the attack? Noob team with noob, low tech and low level bases against 30 Ada T20's. Cool. Run away? The *only* two places you can go are behind the two WS Sanctuary galaxies. There's a team called The Originals holding up one of those two locations as we speak.

Thu May 12, 2016 5:56 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

carterstrain wrote:
What can the defender do against me? Kill the Outpost. Okay. I get a new one for pennies on the dollar.

Why don't you try BvBing them back until they surrender? Or killing their outpost and owning the galaxy so they can't rebuild there? If your only strategy is to sit back and take it, you won't win too many wars. That was the thing I couldn't understand about EF. After losing one high profile BvB, they never attempted it again and hardly even tried to prevent our assaults. Note a recipe for success.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri May 13, 2016 1:47 am

carterstrain wrote:
I'm not against a large scale invasion of a little country. I'm against how fucking easy, fast, and unfair it is. How about I open a Pacific Rim level portal over your country's capital city and flood it with billions of troops, millions of tanks, thousands of warships, and hundreds of colossus mechs at a whim? Not so fun is it now that your country is (quite literally) flattened and I *only* lifted a finger. The effort is zero for me.

What can the defender do against me? Kill the Outpost. Okay. I get a new one for pennies on the dollar. Withstand the attack? Noob team with noob, low tech and low level bases against 30 Ada T20's. Cool. Run away? The *only* two places you can go are behind the two WS Sanctuary galaxies. There's a team called The Originals holding up one of those two locations as we speak.

How stupid can you be, why would end game teams bother with deploying 30 Ada Kits to kill a minor team. 30 Ada Kits was used during the EF vs Traders & RF war; now you're making it so that it's a standard for every BvB. Make some fucking sense first, before talking shit.
Why are you comparing a game, A FUCKING GAME, to how it goes in real life. Defending kits can't be used to attack, while in real life defending troops, can be used to attack. Your analogies so stupid, pointless and bad.
Hom many BvBs have happened that used Ada Kits? This uni, none that I know of, previous uni was a really small amount.

The attacker needs to defend their outpost for 24h, if they fail, they need to redeploy an outpost. If said team deploys shit bases, you can easly use JY kits to kill that outpost, for no pennies at all. People are ignorant to use JY kits, because it has bad stats, but if you have nothing else why not use it. Everyone started in a Zebu, and people that have Ada Kits available to use, won't use em on noob teams like you're stating.

Fri May 13, 2016 2:00 am

anilv wrote:
carterstrain wrote:
What can the defender do against me? Kill the Outpost. Okay. I get a new one for pennies on the dollar.

Why don't you try BvBing them back until they surrender? Or killing their outpost and owning the galaxy so they can't rebuild there? If your only strategy is to sit back and take it, you won't win too many wars. That was the thing I couldn't understand about EF. After losing one high profile BvB, they never attempted it again and hardly even tried to prevent our assaults. Note a recipe for success.

EF is not a noob team maxed out on station slots. That's why they're stupid.

I'm speaking about lower end teams who cannot do that. Okay. Counter BVB their outpost. Oh wait, I don't have the slots to do that. I don't have entire accounts on the wing waiting for the chance to counter BVB. So, I'll demo some of my bases to free up slots. That will work swell! Wait. Why is 13 crushing my galaxy without a fight?

Was talking to PsyRa on chat. His team is quite literally 2 characters (one character players). 5 STM T20s, 5 EXE T20s. He's going to counter BVB with what? He is building in crappy w2 land where no one wants to claim, but Ada Souls has been giving him googly eyes in the last couple days and in the next week or so, I expect that galaxy burned to the ground.

Assuming we BVB the enemy Outpost and win. That's one more galaxy to hold, weakening the interior galaxies (if we even have interior galaxies in the first place). How does that work for Traders? There's a massive 30-40 galaxy block south and west of your galaxies. What are you going to do, own it all so this hypothetical enemy cannot BVB your space? Your defensive count will halve trying to support doubling your team space. And in reality, until you hit WS Sanctuary South, this hypothetical enemy can continue to start BVB attempts and there is nothing you can do to stop it. As Traders did to EF and Ada Souls did to whatever crappy teams he BVBd, throw enough shit at the walls and some of it will stick. Junkyard kits are effectively free.

Hell, Laconia kits are damn cheap too. Dealing with 30 of them all day every day is going to be a nightmare for anything not called Tango Romeo Alfa Delta Echo Romeo Sierra.

And besides. How does one actually BVB a team like Ada Souls or The Order until they surrender? These two aren't like Traders, with permanent assets that have actual value.

====

Point is, the cost of obtaining an Outpost Drone/Kit is very, very low. The logistical cost of moving shit to the target galaxy is also very, very low. Teams can throw 30 bases into a BVB from an infinite distance away. And it's not like an attacking team needs to spend actual money or use kits that can't be mass produced, either.

The only thing that stopped The Order from BVBing SAP was Heavyg33 being a noobtard not having enough Warmongering so he couldn't actually war SAP. Guy came back later and found a bunch of hastily deployed Junk/Laconia kits that threw out his minuscule Junk attack plan. 13 is a bit different with 20-30 bases he routinely throws at people.

Fri May 13, 2016 2:26 am

KonanCruss wrote:
How stupid can you be, why would end game teams bother with deploying 30 Ada Kits to kill a minor team. 30 Ada Kits was used during the EF vs Traders & RF war; now you're making it so that it's a standard for every BvB. Make some fucking sense first, before talking shit.
Why are you comparing a game, A FUCKING GAME, to how it goes in real life. Defending kits can't be used to attack, while in real life defending troops, can be used to attack. Your analogies so stupid, pointless and bad.
Hom many BvBs have happened that used Ada Kits? This uni, none that I know of, previous uni was a really small amount.

1. If I had 30 ada kits on an endgame team, I would use it to kill a noob team to drive a nail through the plank about crushing their hopes and dreams. I'm that kind of person.

2. Most of us here wouldn't know anything about any largescale clashes in other games, be them MMOs or single player lore. Most of us also don't know about many RL conflicts. It basically boils down to: WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf 1, Iraqi Freedom. So I used the 800 lb gorilla called the US Military because EVERYONE knows that one stupid thing Americans have is that gigantic ass military we use to push people around. There weren't any WMDs to begin with....

Iraq vs Iran. Fair.

Imperial Space Navy vs Earth. Not fair. All those fucking Star Destroyers.

US invades Canada (oddly enough that actually happened). Fair.

US teleports half its army to Beijing and holds PRC leaders hostage in a couple seconds after deployment. Because we haz Magic Spells and joo don't. Not fair.

I'm not against an entity like Traders beating down on noobie teams. I'm against them being able effortlessly do the logistics of it and the raw unbridled firepower of that outpost.

If Enkelin will remember, Zephyr once sat next to a team called Zero Gravity and nuked its disposable galaxies through HQ connection. Zephyr owned a galaxy between them and brought in a base to siege the place. That's fine. That's called being a neighbor to a big kodiak bear.

That same universe, Light Commerce backed themselves all the way up the northern arm. Imagine them deploying an outpost and bringing the same firepower level to bear while being safely tugged between the literal end of Wild Space and Pantalones, their only neighbor. To strike at LC conventionally, you needed to travel 50 galaxies, not including the inhabitants standing in your way.

Why physically walk the Mongol Army across Eurasia and break down Rome when Mongolian Shamans can simply teleport them to the Roman Gate without needing to spend manpower and resources needlessly conquering people? Feel a little broken bringing that much firepower to a fight, without conquering anything in between.

Fri May 13, 2016 2:45 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Limit each team to 2 aggroable galaxies (once gal is aggro you can choose what is and isnt aggro in gal). Basically, large teams coudnt abuse the function, and small team could really benefit from it.

Also ,make it so any gal (not just owned) can use this function, could be good for no-man's land gals.

250M per day upkeep.

This is very useful to 1 disrupt other team's economic advancement (block AP routes), long distance merchanting, block team wars and protect gals during low activity times (ie players cant warp in gal, setup then auto-max-dps a base.

Also very useful to maintain strong relationships relationships.

I know I am only one player, but one of the main reasons I stopped playing SS is basically because the game got bored with how PvP got nerfed (as a process, but also as lack of improvement/no content advancement forever).

#FuckCareBears

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 19, 2016 12:35 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

500mil a day and sounds good to me.

Thu May 19, 2016 2:47 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Gating it behind credits does absolutely nothing. Better idea would be having teams be able to choose classes of sorts.

Peaceful teams get bonuses to their team galaxies, speed to slaves, maybe regen/resists on kits in exchange for worse base offensive stats.

Wrathful teams get bonuses to their unattached kits, maybe increased base offensive stats in exchange for a penalty to extraction/slave speed?

Etc.

Thu May 19, 2016 4:08 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next