Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Mission Chain to Bindo Bindo'd Gear
Relatively long mission that involves farming some ai, maybe ubers. Lets you add a random mod to a NB piece of gear.

Reasons: doesn't involve bindo/gear spamming. Isn't pay to win. Allows everyone to get good modded gear eventually. Evens the playing field for everyone.

Also makes people play the game and be rewarded for it.

Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:45 pm

Post Re: Mission Chain to Bindo Bindo'd Gear
Possible mission requirements:

To mod a t20 item, kill 20 t20 DG bosses.

To mod a t22 item, kill 100 t22 ai.

To mod a t21 item, kill 21 T21 DG bosses.

Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:52 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

This seems fun. Rewarding grinding is fun.

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:26 pm

And giving everyone equal access to make OP Bindo'd gear is fun as well.

Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:47 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

You aren't being ignored.

Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:03 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I don't like it. Gives hardcore players fully modded gear while the casuals get fucked due to lack of time. Maybe in the long long long term it will even out but it isn't worth it to break the system. In that same long long long term the bindobugged gear will become obsolete and it will level the playingfield as well.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:31 am

heylo wrote:
I don't like it. Gives hardcore players fully modded gear while the casuals get fucked due to lack of time. Maybe in the long long long term it will even out but it isn't worth it to break the system. In that same long long long term the bindobugged gear will become obsolete and it will level the playingfield as well.

And the current system doesn't do exactly that?

Tell me a non hardcore player who's willing to bindo spam anything? Much less something that costs 10-500b.

I'm not referring to bindo bugged gear. I have 3-4 modded t22 gear from 1 bindo, simply from spamming the fuck out of bindomite. And a casual cannot ever hope to achieve that.

If this mission chain is "go dg for an hour and get another item mod," that appeals immensely to a casual player. That's doable. Buying 10-1000 pieces of the same gear and bindoing all of them? Lol fuck you, I'd rather sell the bindo and buy 1 piece of gear that I want. Without a mod.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:04 am
Contributor

Perhaps it is like that atm. However, I dont think we should expect casuals to be on the same level as hardcore players in any scenario, though.

In the end, your system would result in hardcore players having perfect mods on every piece of gear while casuals have a couple random ones here and there. Perhaps capping this system on 1 or 2 extra random mods ontop of your item could be a way to go about it, but unlimited seems like a terrible change to me as it would allow the hardcore players to grind until they get exactly what they are after, creating another tier of endgame, which isn't something we need.

Edt: On a sidenote, the gap that mods create is far too large for my liking. A fully modded ship is probably 2-3 times stronger than an unmodded ship, while in my mind it shouldn't be more than 20-30% stronger. That's partially why I think allowing players to grind for mods is a bad idea.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:06 am

So the issue you're bringing it up is that mods are multipliers and only the hardcore players have them, which leads to power disparity.

That is because of poor balance and lack of mechanics knowledge on whoever the fuck decided mods work the way they do. And whoever thought bindo was a good idea.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:10 am
Contributor

Basically, yeah.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:24 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: Dr Feelgood
Level: 5893

heylo wrote:

+1
Would you like to return to the original thread now

Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:56 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

heylo wrote:
Perhaps it is like that atm. However, I dont think we should expect casuals to be on the same level as hardcore players in any scenario, though.

In the end, your system would result in hardcore players having perfect mods on every piece of gear while casuals have a couple random ones here and there. Perhaps capping this system on 1 or 2 extra random mods ontop of your item could be a way to go about it, but unlimited seems like a terrible change to me as it would allow the hardcore players to grind until they get exactly what they are after, creating another tier of endgame, which isn't something we need.

Edt: On a sidenote, the gap that mods create is far too large for my liking. A fully modded ship is probably 2-3 times stronger than an unmodded ship, while in my mind it shouldn't be more than 20-30% stronger. That's partially why I think allowing players to grind for mods is a bad idea.

Endgame isn't only for you and your buddies. The casuals should have a equal chance to have end game tier gear without having to rely on luck. I really like the idea of putting time into it to get what you want, instead of credits and resources.

I happen to really like the fact that mods are so great. Adds even more customization and and investment into characters. Adds further grind to getting that piece of gear you really want.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:29 am

Exactly. Grinding to get perfect gear is the reason loot based RPGs exist. There always has to be something for you to grind to upgrade, otherwise you stop playing.

Case in point, myself :P. I ran out of feasibly obtainable upgrades so I just quit playing.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:45 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Zalistar
Level: 7256

Greetings...

The solution to the perceived problem is so much simpler:

Whatever the silly mission is - Once accomplished - Removes the Neurobinding and ALL other modds. So you can bindo it again.

I really really hate the very concept of this idea, Because of the incompetence of whoever is going to end up programming it. You just know that it's going to end up as fucked in the head as trying to take any freighter that has bindo'd scrapable gear to junkyard to turn in scraps - Your Nice valuable Bindo'd Gears are all likely to get destroyed - Just like Junkyard Turns your equipped bindo'd scrapable gear into scrapnotes now...

Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:05 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

If it ever were to be considered... It wouldn't need to be a mission, could just be a commodity just like how Bindomite is, except you would have to spend a great deal of time acquiring one.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:51 am