Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Post Trophies
When you kill someone in PvP you get a score toward that person. Each score allows you to drop a permadrone featuring the person you killed and shows you killed him. Drone is invulnerable to damage but dissapears when you run out of scores

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:37 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Trophies
Where would these drones go lol. How about a rework of the glory system that has a turn in system for rewards. Exclusive pirate flag holoprojectors, increased pvp ranges, access to pirate themed rewards/galaxies, etc.

Current system is complete shit and years out of date, and doesn't actually do anything.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:41 pm
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

ELITE wrote:
Where would these drones go lol. How about a rework of the glory system that has a turn in system for rewards. Exclusive pirate flag holoprojectors, increased pvp ranges, access to pirate themed rewards/galaxies, etc.

Current system is complete shit and years out of date, and doesn't actually do anything.

Agreed. Pvp/glory/pirate systems are very poor or nonexistant

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:58 pm
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Power gap is the issue.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:15 pm

redalert150 wrote:
Power gap is the issue.

There's more than one issue. Leveling is the only real source of Glory, and there is no sink.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:14 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

We revisit this topic every year or so and one of the main issues with individually-tracked PvP scores is that they can be abused with alts to the point that they are meaningless. We all know there are plenty of people in the community who are bored enough to do that.

Bobbo and I had an idea for a zero-sum team-based glory stat, but it didn't gain a lot of support among the devs. The idea was that we would track each team's total expenditures in item repairs from PvP deaths versus the amount of repair costs inflicted by PvP kills.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:37 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4921

This game was not designed with PvP in mind, if it was a lot of the carebear decisions made over the past 12 years wouldn't have been made... PVP outside of Wild Space is never going to matter unless a significant rework is done...

Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:09 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

PVE Death: 5% Durability Loss
PVP Death: 20% Durability Loss (Includes deaths by RNF/BanaKing/Zaliguru)

Credits are instantly put towards TSL account. Players could potentially make a separate account for PVP Kill Credit Reward, I don't care.

Repairs are always greater than PVP Kill Reward.

Default Stasis Timer (minimal time from Blue Stasis to Yellow Stasis) is 120 seconds. Players regenerate Shields and Energy at 1% per 1.2 seconds.

Suicides incur PVP Death.

Nanotech Plating skill is rendered useless like Astral Travel.

Black Box-like items are spawned from the dead player's ship. It can be opened (like a Black Box) and tells you the Player's Name, the Ship's Name, and the weapons that were used against you in the last 30 seconds or so.

New Player Score called "Infamy". Details how much durability damage the player has caused to other players, how much durability damage the player has received, and the ratio of done and received. Can be set for current week, current month, current universe, and all time.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:52 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

anilv wrote:
We revisit this topic every year or so and one of the main issues with individually-tracked PvP scores is that they can be abused with alts to the point that they are meaningless. We all know there are plenty of people in the community who are bored enough to do that.

Bobbo and I had an idea for a zero-sum team-based glory stat, but it didn't gain a lot of support among the devs. The idea was that we would track each team's total expenditures in item repairs from PvP deaths versus the amount of repair costs inflicted by PvP kills.

Have you considered making killing alts not score that much? Decreasing multiplier for killing the same character, characters with no PvP kills themselves / bad kill ratios, other metrics you think would prevent abuse.
Might even make pwning nubs less attractive to bored endgamers, who knows?

Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:21 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Just a kill list would be all the information the community would need to decide who is the best.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:57 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
Just a kill list would be all the information the community would need to decide who is the best.

And if we can just fucking link account names to character names like every other MMO, it would reveal alt farming eventually lol.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:20 am
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

sabre198 wrote:

Yup a record book of sort that keeps tracks of how many times youve killed certain players and how many times youve died to them would go a long way.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:53 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

ELITE wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

And if we can just fucking link account names to character names like every other MMO, it would reveal alt farming eventually lol.

Players love exposing that sort of stuff, imagine catching someone self farming in the csv they would never live it down

Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4921

I think there are some easy ways to make PvP matter, but as I said earlier I think it would take an overhaul.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:14 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

iwnh01 wrote:
anilv wrote:

Have you considered making killing alts not score that much? Decreasing multiplier for killing the same character, characters with no PvP kills themselves / bad kill ratios, other metrics you think would prevent abuse.
Might even make pwning nubs less attractive to bored endgamers, who knows?

It's not just farming your own alts that's the problem. What about endgamers buying kills of others in order to inflate their PvP record?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:37 am