Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Suggestion to fix the stupid BvB removal at reset.
So since the 5 slots is stupid as fuck, and unlimited was also stupid as fuck, here's my attempt at a better solution.

Assign values to bases based on their Tech and Tier.

Example: Tech 9 Adonis Kit, worth 4 points. Tech 20 Kit, worth 9 points. Tech 20 ADA kit, worth 36 points.

So to figure out how many base slots you get to use, say you have 100 Adonis kits in a galaxy. How many kits do I get to BvB you with, if I want to use ada kits?

Well you have 400 points in your galaxy. I would get 400 points of bases to spend, which translates to about 11 tech 20 Ada Kits. Sounds almost balanced to me. And if you can choose how to spend those points, then you could make variable setups/etc to combat the galaxy according to whats in it.

Going from 2 limited slots (obviously not enough), to unlimited slots (obviously too much), back to 5 slots (probably never going to be enough), sounds like a stupid fucking decision to me. And these new base amplifiers are dumb as shit as well. I'd be fine with building one thing to be able to BvB, but having to build 20+ for a large scale attack? Fuck off.

Give us scaling attacker slots based on the other galaxy, and suddenly we have some form of balance. Equal footings.

disclaimer: i am not a math god, these numbers are just for examples. the balance gods may choose to do whatever they wish, i just dont want the game to fucking die even faster.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:39 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post Re: Suggestion to fix the stupid BvB removal at reset.
Interesting, would this count both defenders and attackers, the same way the old 25 station cap did? Would you consider scaling it to the DF, so a low DF poor galaxy would have fewer attack slots then a high DF valuable galaxy? Say x3 DF value?

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:52 pm

lrellok wrote:
Interesting, would this count both defenders and attackers, the same way the old 25 station cap did? Would you consider scaling it to the DF, so a low DF poor galaxy would have fewer attack slots then a high DF valuable galaxy? Say x3 DF value?

Uh yea it would count both? Defenders get a point value, attackers get a point value.

DF scaling doesn't matter, as you can lay any tech/combo of kits in any galaxy. The kits themselves are the important value.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:53 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Support

Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:33 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Why are you talking about building 20+ Amplifiers for a large scale attack? In the entire EF war Traders would only have had to build 2-3 Amps, plus 6 at the end when we decided to overkill that outpost with 30 kits for no particular gain.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:23 pm

anilv wrote:
Why are you talking about building 20+ Amplifiers for a large scale attack? In the entire EF war Traders would only have had to build 2-3 Amps, plus 6 at the end when we decided to overkill that outpost with 30 kits for no particular gain.

Larger numbers get more attention.

Either way, EF would have had to build what, 5-6 to BvB Galactic Infraction? And give us an entire week to shit on their building outpost.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:40 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

anilv wrote:

renkt

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:39 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

ELITE wrote:
anilv wrote:

Either way, EF would have had to build what, 5-6 to BvB Galactic Infraction? And give us an entire week to shit on their building outpost.

3, maybe 4, actually. And if they build a decent outpost you would also have to make amplifiers to be able to bvb their outpost with more than 5 kits.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:30 am
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

If you build these within teamspace do they effect any connected gal?

Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:32 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

potato2 wrote:
If you build these within teamspace do they effect any connected gal?

Yes.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:08 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

ELITE wrote:
anilv wrote:

What DS said. Working as intended. And yeah you are still exaggerating numbers for no reason. All that does is weaken your argument. They used 21 kits. That means 3 Amps to get to 20, plus one more if they really wanted the 21.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:35 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

anilv wrote:
ELITE wrote:
anilv wrote:

What DS said. Working as intended. And yeah you are still exaggerating numbers for no reason. All that does is weaken your argument. They used 21 kits. That means 3 Amps to get to 20, plus one more if they really wanted the 21.

Mwell even if it is the truth, our arguments count for shit anyway :roll:

From what I can tell, Lemon and Danger have put 7 Ada Kits and 4-5 Bana HPS kits in a galaxy. I would start to listen to them, if they are already putting so much effort in defending their galaxies.
It's not like Lemon has no experience with BvB either. Asked some other guys about what they think about your crazy credit sink and commod sink (Holoprojector to BvB, and the Aggro base thingy you SEEM to work on) and they find it BS to pay so much. They find it so BS that they cba to actually use said feature because it's a credit/commod sink.

So in the end, when are all the broken content that are exclusive for people that abuse getting fixed? This seem to be an addition to it.

But again like what I said "Mwell even if it is the truth, our arguments count for shit anyway :roll:"

Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:59 am
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

The main issues are:
-Changing serious game play and just mentioning it in a dev blog.
-Having defenders have an enormous advantage vs attackers.
-Too many credit sinks that's just annoying now.
That's what I've translated from reading around but I have similar feelings.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:41 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

It's an investment not a sink.. If you don't want to invest into assaulting a galaxy then don't do it. Nobody is forcing you.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:26 pm
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

I don't know about you, but I would like for players to be able to contemplate attacking my gal, let alone actually standing against it. The way it's looking, no one will ever kill my galaxy.
I would like someone to at least think about attacking my galaxy instead of never thinking about it because they'd have to waste a ton of resources, time, and effort just to prepare to attack it.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:57 pm