Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

Post Re: Suggestion to fix the stupid BvB removal at reset.
Who cares if you've designed it or not, you're just fucking it harder anyway. At the place of fixing a obvious power curve issue you make it even worse, RIP Bases.

You still haven't explained why the majority of the ressourcers are ONLY available in T20 content. T21 and T22 has a massive power creep for why the base power curve shoots in the sky. This still hasn't been adressed or even mentioned at all. There have been posts in the past that the power creep of T21 & T22 is too massive, yet still nothing has been done about it.

I guess fucking with bases at the place of fixing the fucking power creep is more interesting. Better PM out of someone that actually gets paid for this game. It's not like you need to know how to program to actually make content anyway for this game ROFL.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:56 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

KonanCruss2 wrote:
Who cares if you've designed it or not, you're just fucking it harder anyway. At the place of fixing a obvious power curve issue you make it even worse, RIP Bases.

You still haven't explained why the majority of the ressourcers are ONLY available in T20 content. T21 and T22 has a massive power creep for why the base power curve shoots in the sky. This still hasn't been adressed or even mentioned at all. There have been posts in the past that the power creep of T21 & T22 is too massive, yet still nothing has been done about it.

This is a totally different point to the one you were trying to make before. We are looking at ways to make T21+ content connect up with bases better, but it's a big project. As you say, a lot of weird things have been done with base content over the years and it's a long term thing to resolve those issues.

I guess fucking with bases at the place of fixing the fucking power creep is more interesting. Better PM out of someone that actually gets paid for this game. It's not like you need to know how to program to actually make content anyway for this game ROFL.

Actually, I have a college degree in electrical engineering and teach college CS courses. :roll: Although as was explained to you earlier, those skills are actually irrelevant for content development in SS since everything is mediated through XML.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:24 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

As long as the content slows down leveling progression so minimum level requirements unlock content, I don't see what the big fuss in those regards. It's a big project, but it's a good project.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:28 pm

You're the one that starts drifting away from the main point anyway.

At the place of fixing stuff, you've bandaided the content. Now I'm fucked since I just did my damnest to actually get at the apex of bases. Now everyone seem to think that I have a billion ada sets, but this uni, I made my first ada sets. Didn't build bases this uni, looked forward to next uni. But who knew that when I came back from my vacation trip to read a bullshit base blog from a dev that's based on his own opinion, as a volunteer dev. RIP me for actually looking forward to building next uni with real base gear, everyone has real base gear now; sad me for putting actually effort in this game, and actually paying subs for this game.

Now you're claiming to have searched for ways for bases to connect to T21+ better, and you're still daring to say that what you do is balancing the game? You call this base change a Quality of Life change, but don't you realise it's a fucking big update. And then a month later you've made base building SOOOOOOO much easier, and then you're cutting down on build space. It's laughable that you dare to claim you look for imbalances and try to fix it. When the suggestion of DarkSteel came that he wanted to remove MF2 he was just as blind as a rock and assumed that only Snipers used MF2, and now we're here, waiting for updates which will take longer because some will go back to college or whatever. Why improve my Sniper when I have no fucking clue what it will be in a short while, gotta love this game.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:52 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I get that you are impatient to know how we will be rebalancing MF2 and Prawns but you are one of the community members who was most vocal about dev transparency. In response to that call, we have publicized our plans for those content areas as early as possible so that everyone can have a say. Consequently, we are still some time away from actually making the changes. The only alternative would be to NOT announce the changes until shortly before they go live, which I think we can all agree is worse.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:14 pm

anilv wrote:
I get that you are impatient to know how we will be rebalancing MF2 and Prawns but you are one of the community members who was most vocal about dev transparency.

LOL, I'm actually one of the "community members" that don't care about devs. I feel very offended to accuse me of that. I've become vocal ever since you've posted that Base Rework, not since the dev flood thing. Maybe you should recheck your sources on me. Should maybe ask the person that knows the best how I role, since he actually is also a volunteer dev. And I didn't know he was a volunteer dev because of the thing THRM wrote, he told me personally. I read the THRM thing, and I forgot about it, the devs that don't use their ingame name as their dev name, I still addres them seperately, there is only 1 active one that fits the bill, there are some others, but I haven't heard anything from them. Pretty lame of you, very lame.

anilv wrote:
In response to that call, we have publicized our plans for those content areas as early as possible so that everyone can have a say. Consequently, we are still some time away from actually making the changes. The only alternative would be to NOT announce the changes until shortly before they go live, which I think we can all agree is worse.

So you say what you've done isn't shortly before they go live? And you seem to say that you accept suggestions and concerns, of which you have neither done? You seem to think that I'm stupid or that you live in a fairy world or something. You've already accused me for me wanting devs to be more transparent. I know as a dev you need to actually play the game to know how to dev, and to LISTEN to the community what their opinion is. Asking fellow developpers isn't listening to the community.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:30 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

KonanCruss2 wrote:
When the suggestion of DarkSteel came that he wanted to remove MF2 he was just as blind as a rock and assumed that only Snipers used MF2, and now we're here

Oh no, my feels :roll:

The MF2 thread was just to get a feeling for what the playerbase would think of it if we removed the ability. To be honest, we were expecting people to object and decline the proposed change all together but to our surprise most of the community was in favor of the change. When that became clear we started assessing what needed to be done to make the removal of MF2 a reality. If you prefer we dont ask and just implement stuff without any upfront information just let me know, k?

Ofcourse I knew Recon classes used MF2, I played a MF seer during the whole EF war to great effect. What I didn't know / expect was that Recon classes seem to be getting nerfed harder than Snipers do with the removal of MF2. After coming to this conclusion a discussion was started and we decided that we should look at the role and strength of Recon classes while we're working on the MF2 change, T21 heavy fighter changes and various content rebalances that go along with it.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Last edited by DarkSteel on Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:04 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8117

I find it funny you say you're being transparent about new policies/changes, and this is the first time we've heard of a 20b fee to bvb.

The best part was it was just a small sentence in a dev meeting note, not even an announcement.

And yet again, still no information about any of these changes ingame for the 99% of the playerbase that don't troll the forums.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:05 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4921

ELITE wrote:
I find it funny you say you're being transparent about new policies/changes, and this is the first time we've heard of a 20b fee to bvb.

The best part was it was just a small sentence in a dev meeting note, not even an announcement.

And yet again, still no information about any of these changes ingame for the 99% of the playerbase that don't troll the forums.

What are you talking about?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62206

If what you mean by "this is the first time we've heard of a 20b fee to bvb" is that there was no development post, then fine what you're saying is true. But this isn't the first time "we've" (Assuming you mean we've as the player base) heard about it, because there's literally a 3 page topic about it and there were multiple discussions both here and on Discord. Everything can't go in the Dev Blog, it would be overcrowded and impossible to find anything. The suggestion was posted by enkelin in response to the commentary he received in this (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=62182) 14 page topic.

It wasn't posted as a Dev Blog because it was tentative, and it was up for discussion by the active and vocal part of the community. I don't know of a single game company that blasts info about things on the forums in the game, or blasts tentative changes in game. They're on the forums, people that are vocal and that care check the forums out. You're asking for SS to do something that isn't done by anyone unless the game is in like... closed Alpha or something.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:25 pm

This game is equivalent of a closed alpha, and we pay monthly ... GOGO!
The difference between this game and other games is: VOLUNTEER DEVS THAT ARE ACTIVE PLAYERS (and some abuse stuff). And the fact that 99% of the Volunteer devs come from 1 group of active players means that there is bound to be less transparency. Like DarkSteel is so stupid in his post he wrote: he contradicts himself so hard that it isn't even funny. Enkelin just does what he wants, fuck the ones that are against it for a clear reason that has been stated multiple times and ignored. The "more transparency" that enkelin, you and DarkSteel seem to talk about is just big bullshit.

heylo wrote:
Ofcourse I knew Recon classes used MF2, I played a MF seer during the whole EF war to great effect. What I didn't know / expect was that Recon classes seem to be getting nerfed harder than Snipers do with the removal of MF2. After coming to this conclusion a discussion was started and we decided that we should look at the role and strength of Recon classes while we're working on the MF2 change, T21 heavy fighter changes and various content rebalances that go along with it.

You clearly didn't play Seer to a great effect if you didn't know that. It's so funny that even I as a non Seer or SD player actually knew about it, while you as a Seer player didn't know about it. Better start claiming that you're end game, or knowledgeable about this game for that matter. :D

Looking back to the thread of MF2, I don't think everyone is on for the MF2 removal. Everyone said that MF2 can be removed, but there needs to be alot of changes to the current handling of the game. If you say that is very positive towards the change, then Idk, but go join enkelin in his fairy tale, seems that Traders likes to live in fairy tales.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:00 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Kaguya the fact that you're participating on discuss about changes is cool and all..

But I'd rather see you focusing on actual game content instead of flaming devs. This is a matter of opinion but I would personally say you are also guilty of contradicting yourself.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:31 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

who is the 1%

Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:17 am
Profile WWW