over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Tweaks and consumables...
ShawnMcCall wrote:
anilv wrote:
Yeah, OK. I'm saying that we have a dimension to work with that isn't present in WoW. Skill shots are much better supported in our game since we have the arcade platform. I'm not saying we are using it to its full potential, though.

Solid point, but how are you going to implement that when people already completey ignore skill shot type items such as the Red Photon Thingy That Gives -Resist (I might have gotten that item name wrong) SS players are all about saying "To Hell with mechanics, Imma just slam my head against this wall until it breaks", so without making something that integrates the requirement for active play into mainstream group content, we'll never move away from MCing as a community.

That's a good question. All the dev work in the world won't help if the players simply are not interested in playing the way you intend them to. Whenever I consult on new content, I am always looking out for ways to make it distinctive and to incentivize active play. You can do a lot with boss scripting but it involves a lot of trial and error because you never know how the players will react.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:48 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Tweaks and consumables...
Pontius123 wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
anilv wrote:
Yeah, OK. I'm saying that we have a dimension to work with that isn't present in WoW. Skill shots are much better supported in our game since we have the arcade platform. I'm not saying we are using it to its full potential, though.

Solid point, but how are you going to implement that when people already completey ignore skill shot type items such as the Red Photon Thingy That Gives -Resist (I might have gotten that item name wrong) SS players are all about saying "To Hell with mechanics, Imma just slam my head against this wall until it breaks", so without making something that integrates the requirement for active play into mainstream group content, we'll never move away from MCing as a community.

The huge amount of Tracking weapons get contribute quite a bit. Full Tracking weapons like KMW are so effective. Snipers and ShMs also get silly amounts of Tracking.

Yeah, that's why we were originally talking about nerfing the Tracking of the Prawn. It seems that we have moved away from that idea but it's still on the table in other forms.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:49 am