Post Re: PvP
You shouldn't lose glory to aggro bases either

Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

There was always the old layer connection system where you had to go out in the layer to access the next layer.

I also think there are a lot of cons to this system but also some very very strong aspects to it for mission content, pvai, diplomacy. I remember going to the next layer (EF to Wild particularly) was almost an event when I was a low level alt.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:58 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Pontius123 wrote:
It's a little disheartening to be exploring galaxies, and then, oops, you died. Now you must tow. Maybe it isn't so bad to die *one* time, but if aggroing is free, it wouldn't be one time. I'd wager half the game would aggro their galaxies. And on a much, much smaller WS map, a third of the layer being aggroed? Every three galaxies you go, you die. How fun is that? You didn't mean any harm.

Also, you can be a dick and plop down aggroed Junk kits to fuck with people. You can place them on an AP route, you can place them around some noob team daring them to shoot back. You can make people miserable for no damn reason.

But if you had to pay a significant fee to aggro your bases ... I think a lot less people are likely to do so. SS players are asinine about losing money to "tithes". They make 1600% profit (yes, thats a 16, multiplied by a hundred) and start to threaten to unsub en masse when you force them to pay a tax or reduce the profit margin by a small number. There was a time multiple entire teams of 10-20 people each were threatening to unsub all their accounts when Jey123456 got emperor. That was 5% of their scooped credits.

Why not make it so /ap takes into consideration aggro galaxies? Just makes routes longer... will mess with pre-extablished trade slave routes tho... but it's okay, just encourages people to be active.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:47 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

As I said, we already have /avoid and /avoidteam functionality in the client, and these will be built off of to naturally avoid all aggro gals that aren't owned by your team.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:20 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

anilv wrote:
As I said, we already have /avoid and /avoidteam functionality in the client, and these will be built off of to naturally avoid all aggro gals that aren't owned by your team.

And preventing prospectables from getting backed up in aggro galaxies?

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:56 pm
over 9000!

ShawnMcCall wrote:
anilv wrote:

I don't see the purpose of this.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:01 pm

anilv wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
anilv wrote:

I don't see the purpose of this.

Should be pretty obvious. Prospecting exists for players that do not have bases that need commods. So, letting people take large swaths of space and controlling access to prospecting is pretty fucking dumb.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:04 pm

Especially considering that you can aggro all your borders and just let prospecting commods build up in your galaxies. Prospecting is not supposed to be something you can farm it is supposed to be chance based. But this change will allow people to basically grow and harvest free commodities in their areas.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Also, just an off hand question since we're on bases. Did you guys add BvB outpost galaxies that can be used to hit Biologique for next universe? Because that is years overdue.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:09 pm
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Especially considering that you can aggro all your borders and just let prospecting commods build up in your galaxies. Prospecting is not supposed to be something you can farm it is supposed to be chance based. But this change will allow people to basically grow and harvest free commodities in their areas.

I agree, players with bases shouldn't have an option to farm prospectable resources.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:22 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

anilv wrote:

Can we get the effects of that command made sticky across client restarts?

Client stability has been a bit of an issue in the past, and the time it takes to re-open a client, wait for the galaxy map to load, search for the team flag you want to avoid, then type /avoidteam galaxy_x at one point was not much shorter than the client would stay up.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:54 pm
over 9000!

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Also, just an off hand question since we're on bases. Did you guys add BvB outpost galaxies that can be used to hit Biologique for next universe? Because that is years overdue.

Unless specifically stated, Bio is not being changed in any way. I would be open to make it un-ownable if people are interested in that.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:59 pm

anilv wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Unless specifically stated, Bio is not being changed in any way. I would be open to make it un-ownable if people are interested in that.

That would actually be really cool. Kind of silly that a resource like that is completely uncontestable due to the strength of bases.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:06 pm
over 9000!

ShawnMcCall wrote:
anilv wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

That would actually be really cool. Kind of silly that a resource like that is completely uncontestable due to the strength of bases.

FWIW you can still do the station suite route instead. But I wouldn't mind making it un-ownable.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:12 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

More unownable contestable galaxies, please.

XYZ
Emp Bio
Emp Field
Bio
Profit

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:33 pm