Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Post Loot too abundant
Just did oly yesterday, and I've been DGing quite a bit... Just got to say that some things are way too abundant.. I got 2 double modded capacitors, and loot just doesnt seem to go down, maybe concentrate more on resources rather than actual gear.

Oly was just a joke compared to what it used to be, mini bosses drop full boss loots, bosses drop full loot plus millions of shards. We even had to bring in a DF to keep all the loot.

What happened to having loot at a "novelty" level. Now some DG or raid items sell for 30k, because I assume they are overabundant?

Also, t22 ships are dirt cheap.

My suggestion, make look more scarce. A lot more scarce.

Not to mention Credits.... I join the game, 2 days and I make 400b trading ICs. wow..

Last edited by reyjalrmm on Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:31 am
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: Loot too abundant
We should make shaftofdiscipline more scarce.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:51 am

I've been away for years, how could I be more scarce.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:55 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

reyjalrmm wrote:
because I assume they are overabundant?

no just shit :)

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4921

reyjalrmm wrote:
Just did oly yesterday, and I've been DGing quite a bit... Just got to say that some things are way too abundant.. I got 2 double modded capacitors, and loot just doesnt seem to go down, maybe concentrate more on resources rather than actual gear.

Oly was just a joke compared to what it used to be, mini bosses drop full boss loots, bosses drop full loot plus millions of shards. We even had to bring in a DF to keep all the loot.

What happened to having loot at a "novelty" level. Now some DG or raid items sell for 30k, because I assume they are overabundant?

Not to mention Credits.... I join the game, 2 days and I make 400b trading ICs. wow..

I've done Oly twice since the change, and all I'm getting are mostly the gear thats needed to build T1, sometimes T1 and rarely T2 Oly gear...

The minibosses do not drop the same loot that the higher end bosses drop, they are much more limited in what they drop.

If we increased the lockout without touching the loot drop chances, the playerbase would be screaming bloody murder. FYI, the extra loot is a chance... meaning that you could easily get unlucky and only get a little bit of loot.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:24 am

MasterTrader wrote:
reyjalrmm wrote:

I've done Oly twice since the change, and all I'm getting are mostly the gear thats needed to build T1, sometimes T1 and rarely T2 Oly gear...

The minibosses do not drop the same loot that the higher end bosses drop, they are much more limited in what they drop.

If we increased the lockout without touching the loot drop chances, the playerbase would be screaming bloody murder. FYI, the extra loot is a chance... meaning that you could easily get unlucky and only get a little bit of loot.

Perhaps, but we got like 70+ shards each run, and some amazing gear. But even the tier 1 stuff, they are still commods for better items that are built. We might have had some luck getting some better stuff, but there is still an overabundance, whether it is shitty gear or not so shitty gear.

Back when oly started each piece of equipment had a market value, now I feel things are just "trinkets" players just store them away because there is so much of it on the market and better items (t22) are way better and straight up drop from bosses.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:09 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

reyjalrmm wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
reyjalrmm wrote:

Perhaps, but we got like 70+ shards each run, and some amazing gear. But even the tier 1 stuff, they are still commods for better items that are built. We might have had some luck getting some better stuff, but there is still an overabundance, whether it is shitty gear or not so shitty gear.

Back when oly started each piece of equipment had a market value, now I feel things are just "trinkets" players just store them away because there is so much of it on the market and better items (t22) are way better and straight up drop from bosses.

Old shard counts were like 35 per run, so now with it being a week long lockout more shards makes sense.

Makes sense for oly gear to not be valuable anymore though, we know what it is now, and whether its useful.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:19 pm
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Holy shit okay i just did oly i didnt realized they changed it and now i see your point. Rip market for the 8th time now?

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:43 pm
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

redalert150 wrote:
Holy shit okay i just did oly i didnt realized they changed it and now i see your point. Rip market for the 8th time now?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62316&p=760030#p760030

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:44 pm