Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Aggro & Team Jungle AI
Seriously it's a dungeon, do this please, I have a level 200 on my team complaining that they can't kill Leopards because Leopards won't attack them and even if they manage to kill one Leopard the others don't come because they are not teamed...

It's a dungeon everything in there is supposed to shoot at you. It's not like those are roaming AI, those are AI in a dungeon where things are supposed to be aggressive and challenging, but now they are even more challenging, but not for a good reason, but because you can't see them and they won't ever shoot you.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:12 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: Aggro & Team Jungle AI
I'll talk to the rest of the team about doing this, I think it should be OK.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:21 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

The same should apply for all low level zones: Arctia, Vulcan, Mira & any for the future.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:16 am

Tomzta09 wrote:
The same should apply for all low level zones: Arctia, Vulcan, Mira & any for the future.

In that case; Mira, Arctia, Blue Outpost, Graveyard, Absolution (not sure if this is still aggro), Lady Kelvin, Tortuga (if you don't have piracy), Handel's Cove (if you don't have piracy), and Vulcan.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:14 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Blue Outpost agro? Sounds like a horrible "fuck you" to new players. (Although having such gals agro is interesting in some ways. E.g - promotes stealth ships)

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:45 pm

Xonok2 wrote:
Blue Outpost agro? Sounds like a horrible "fuck you" to new players. (Although having such gals agro is interesting in some ways. E.g - promotes stealth ships)

It's a dungeon, the point is that it is aggro and gives you access to zone specific loot. Having dungeons is not a fuck you to anyone. In fact Blue Outpost used to be aggro.

You all act like new players are fucking toddlers. Most of them have played an MMO, and are familiar with dungeons. Hell 4 years before I ever touched SS I accidentally wandered into a dungeon in WoW before I actually knew what they were, took me approximately 3 seconds to figure out. So please quit advocating for new players by making all the content they have access to boring and shitty.

I mean shit Ur'Ziq Bana in the Nexus used to be everyone's favorite part of the nexus and it was aggro, and the only thing anyone liked about nexus. Now it's a shitty galaxy you fly through and pay no attention to.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:48 pm
Contributor

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Xonok2 wrote:

It's a dungeon, the point is that it is aggro and gives you access to zone specific loot. Having dungeons is not a fuck you to anyone. In fact Blue Outpost used to be aggro.

You all act like new players are fucking toddlers. Most of them have played an MMO, and are familiar with dungeons. Hell 4 years before I ever touched SS I accidentally wandered into a dungeon in WoW before I actually knew what they were, took me approximately 3 seconds to figure out. So please quit advocating for new players by making all the content they have access to boring and shitty.

I mean shit Ur'Ziq Bana in the Nexus used to be everyone's favorite part of the nexus and it was aggro, and the only thing anyone liked about nexus. Now it's a shitty galaxy you fly through and pay no attention to.

People got frustrated dying to AI, don't overestimate people's patience.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:32 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

As far as I understand, the non-lobby parts of The Jungle are not teamed (or instanced), because some dev thought that made sense. This makes it very hard to grab aggro on the stealthy mobs, in particular, the Leopards. And thus, it's hard at that level to actually do that part of the dungeon.

Dullarah is being an asshole, and refers to the potential of an actual lobby level being aggro and how bad that could get for noobs because there are like 16 AI spawns in it and new noobs barely have the capacity to even tackle one of the scout AIs at that point.

I'm going to put it into perspective. We are not talking about a lobby level like Blue Outpost. We could give a flying fuck whether that is aggro or not. It will obviously be terrible if it was, though.

We are actually talking about Barbe Bleu, Topaz Eye Jimmy, and the Beta Monster, figuratively. Those levels, as compared to the Leopard parts of The Jungle, are the ones that are not aggro. And worse, every ship in them are stealthed and you can't see them without a high level Seer. This is a low level zone. You should not need to be level 3000 to see stuff.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:05 pm
Contributor

I'll go over it and make the Leopard AI a bit easier to see (You should be able to see them if you're relatively close to them) and work on getting these AI teamed.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:11 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Pontius123 wrote:
We are actually talking about Barbe Bleu, Topaz Eye Jimmy, and the Beta Monster, figuratively. Those levels, as compared to the Leopard parts of The Jungle, are the ones that are not aggro. And worse, every ship in them are stealthed and you can't see them without a high level Seer. This is a low level zone. You should not need to be level 3000 to see stuff.

Since when are they not agro? That must be a really new thing. In any case, when people name Blue Outpost I do not expect them to mean the dungeons in it. As far as I know the dungeons in BO have always been agro, so advocating them to be made agro is meaningless.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:23 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:

In that case; Mira, Arctia, Blue Outpost, Graveyard, Absolution (not sure if this is still aggro), Lady Kelvin, Tortuga (if you don't have piracy), Handel's Cove (if you don't have piracy), and Vulcan.

Oppose, Strongly.

If the team is agro and your bots retaliate, you can no longer dock at the station. This is a huge problem in the Prism/ColEmp missions, where the agro Pax ship attacks you and you cannot dock at the paxian base to start the Colored Empires missions. Doing the EF and Pirate missions at the same time is one of the few ways to get past level 100 on your first day and a new player, and if the bases agro because you killed some blue ships, that is going to turn off alot of new players who want to do those missions. It will also make the dev team look stupid.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:52 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

So we can just make it so you can dock at AI stations even if the team hates you. /solved

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:07 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

anilv wrote:
So we can just make it so you can dock at AI stations even if the team hates you. /solved

Or simply unteam the AI station.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:44 pm

My honest opinion is that all AI bases should be unteamed, all it does is create confusion and problems for new players who then quit. It makes sense for the AI around a neutral station to be aggressive, and for that station to not be teamed to them.

I will give the West Indies as an example. Edward Teach (or Thatch), i.e. Blackbeard, operated in the West Indies. The West Indies did not belong to him, was not officially affiliated with him, and would not condemn aggression against him. He was a criminal in his own territory.

Hostile AI should be treated no different in this game. Hostile AI should not be teamed with AI bases, and any AI you can aggro should not be teamed to an AI base. The headache of having to kill yourself and regen because you shot an AI needs to stop being dressed up as a challenge anywhere and everywhere in this game. Unteam all AI bases, and/or make them unable to be aggroed by any means.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:06 am

MasterTrader wrote:
I'll go over it and make the Leopard AI a bit easier to see (You should be able to see them if you're relatively close to them) and work on getting these AI teamed.

The problem here is that low levels aren't exactly itching to chase a low vis AI, (even if you make it easier to see) that is just ever so slightly faster than them, 3k because it just happens to be heading the other way at the moment. Either AI need reliable beacons around which they gather, or they need to be teamed/aggroed so that players don't have to spend 5 minutes in a level because they have to chase down a bunch of shit that should have come to them, as they are in a dungeon not the land of rainbow hugs & sunshine.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:09 am