Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Remove Asteroids from Free Market
Seriously this shit looks awful, and it's one of the first galaxies new players are going to see coming out of the nexus.

Bonus points; Make Free Market completely unbuildable, and give its roids a low chance of t2 commods like Dark Matter, Frozen Blobls, etc... So that new players can make money there.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:50 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Post Re: Remove Asteroids from Free Market
We (devs) talked about this a while ago, I recall. I'm not against the idea, but we never came to a good conclusion on what to do.

I don't fancy the idea of making it non-buildable, because it's a popular shopping galaxy, but I also don't want to just remove the asteroids, I'd rather move them to another galaxy, but then, what'd be in this new galaxy?

Support

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:00 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Blue Dwarf wrote:
We (devs) talked about this a while ago, I recall. I'm not against the idea, but we never came to a good conclusion on what to do.

I don't fancy the idea of making it non-buildable, because it's a popular shopping galaxy, but I also don't want to just remove the asteroids, I'd rather move them to another galaxy, but then, what'd be in this new galaxy?

Ring already has asteroids. Just buff them a bit if you want to compensate for the removal.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:10 pm

Blue Dwarf wrote:

That's actually exactly the reason I think it should be non-buildable. Yes people put shops there, but FM is a core galaxy for SS, there is a reason you can't build in Paxius, that galaxy is a showcase, something for players to see. Free Market is the same thing. It should be unbuildable because it is a location for player advancement.

To keep the activity up in the galaxy simply add t2 commods to the roids and make Von Mises buy them. Or make galaxy bound mobile IC factories that new players can use to make ICs on their ships in FM using the roids and make Von Mises buy those ICs (if you do this make ICs decay upon entering FM so people don't flood them there).

Basically, make Free Market more content geared than it is now. Making it non-buildable opens up so many possibilities to make that (low DF galaxy) more of a feature for new players.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:20 pm

Also, as long as you allow building in there, people are going to make it look shitty with bases and drones. I would say let building continue in there only if you can implement some sort of grid system that places all the shops in a line or block so that it doesn't look terrible.

At the end of the day FM is new player content, by and large, and it should be treated as such.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:22 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Just make FM unbuildable. There are plenty of nearby galaxies to choose from.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:43 pm

Bobbo, make it unbuildable, and then make an empty galaxy one jump away named Promenade or some shit for people to put up shops. Everyone wins.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:45 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Okay, what about Ring?

Support

Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:15 pm

I honestly have no strong feelings about Ring. It's not as large of a staple as Free Market is. But for consisteny's sake; make it unbuildable and allow new players to learn about ICs there with mobile factories?

Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:25 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

Make them all unbuildable! I've wanted this done for years.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:30 pm
Main: Uka'qa Kur
Level: 6198

why not just code it so free market is consistantly 2j away from sol always. and make the interlocking galaxy buildable. so they'll have to go through the trade galaxy to reach free market? Sol-> X gal -> Free market. the players, new and old will still have to go through the trade galaxy to reach free market so they still get the galaxy traffic, have no roids so no slaves. and turn FM into a Showcase galaxy

Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:42 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Make a new buildable gal named NotFree Market, make it p2p only. Make FM non buildable. Leave asteroids alone 2016.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:58 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

Maybe its just me, but I miss the days when people had to build shops in their galaxies... because otherwise someone could come along and cap/blow your shop up...

Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:37 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

ELITE wrote:
Make a new buildable gal named NotFree Market, make it p2p only.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:24 am