Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Post t22 skills
Yeah, just made it easier to get t22 skills, now you just need commod and SPs. where went all the work in this game? Is this really what people want, to have a game where you can just do all the high level content with your strongest alts and instantly bring all your other alts to that level?

Even t22 ships are dirt cheap to build

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:45 am
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: t22 skills
reyjalrmm wrote:
Yeah, just made it easier to get t22 skills, now you just need commod and SPs. where went all the work in this game? Is this really what people want, to have a game where you can just do all the high level content with your strongest alts and instantly bring all your other alts to that level?

Even t22 ships are dirt cheap to build

Yea i dont like this change, i use to enjoy running players through tech 22 and teaching them the mechanics. You're basically taking away one of the great experiences of the game for lots of players.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:59 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

You can still do that. This change was neccessary so that players who weren't able to be online when everyone else was online, or almost any other reason, can actually progress to the next tier.

You still need to do T22 content to get T22 ships, and while the Aveksaka T22 ships are pretty damn cheap (I think you can get them down to about 30bil build cost or something) they require a pretty decent amount of effort to actually get them.

The same thing applies now though: If someone goes and kills the bosses to get the skills, they can potentially get all 10 skills in one day. 11 if they're lucky.

You can't get all 11 skills in one day unless you're shelling out massive amounts of credits for the decayable commodities, and the skill commodities are going to be worth (to other players) at LEAST the value of an Honorary Diploma since you can 1:1 trade them for an Honorary Diploma.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:19 am
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Yeah but players have been freezing the commods for years.. I just got all my t22 skills on 3-4 alts in like 30 min and travel ships

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:25 am
Contributor

reyjalrmm wrote:
Yeah but players have been freezing the commods for years.. I just got all my t22 skills on 3-4 alts in like 30 min and travel ships

I don't believe that locking skills solely behind group content is the way to do things. The gear/ships/augmenters being locked behind that content makes sense but not the skills. That needlessly prevents people from progressing if they aren't able to play with other people/play during peak hours for any reason.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:57 am

There is no reason to bring people on tech 22 runs now I'm better off using my more then capable characters. But hey its your game do whatever you want.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:05 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

MasterTrader wrote:
reyjalrmm wrote:

I don't believe that locking skills solely behind group content is the way to do things. The gear/ships/augmenters being locked behind that content makes sense but not the skills. That needlessly prevents people from progressing if they aren't able to play with other people/play during peak hours for any reason.

If you are going to stick to this system then you need to find a way to balance it, you said, "it's for people who can't be online at the same time" yet I found no problem getting t22 runs in Japan when I first came back to SS. All this does is makes it pointless to bring anyone who is not fully outfitted in t22. You say everyone will need to buy it at least at Honorary Dip cost, and you're dead fucking wrong, those commods are team assets in most cases. So teams will just continue to farm them and build up huge stockpiles of them. New players will no longer be invited to for t22, they will just be rationed the commods and told to develop until they are useful for the runs.

This change was seriously fucking stupid.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:24 am

ShawnMcCall wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
reyjalrmm wrote:

If you are going to stick to this system then you need to find a way to balance it, you said, "it's for people who can't be online at the same time" yet I found no problem getting t22 runs in Japan when I first came back to SS. All this does is makes it pointless to bring anyone who is not fully outfitted in t22. You say everyone will need to buy it at least at Honorary Dip cost, and you're dead fucking wrong, those commods are team assets in most cases. So teams will just continue to farm them and build up huge stockpiles of them. New players will no longer be invited to for t22, they will just be rationed the commods and told to develop until they are useful for the runs.

This change was seriously fucking stupid.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:32 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Why wouldn't you bring a new player on a run? I don't get it. I personally like bringing new people into the Traders community and doing runs with them. If I didn't, I would just MC10 all content and never play with anyone else.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:09 pm
Contributor

Your experience being able to play with others while in Japan is not representative of everyone elses experience, there is the understanding that you can progress your skills solo through almost all of the game (Tech 20 and Tech 22 skills were the exception).

Let's try something different:

Tell me what you think should be done.

Requirements:
  • Allow players to acquire Tech 22 skills by themselves.
  • Encourage people who want to do runs as fast as possible and keep loot to themselves to bring teammates who may not have Tech 22 skills on runs.

Also, please don't tell me I'M taking away great experiences for players and opportunities for them to learn mechanics. My team has brought, and will continue to bring, non Tech 22 players to these runs and teach them the mechanics. People are making the choice to exclude these players.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:57 pm

I did runs weekly for random people in all chat most if not all of last uni. By bringing these players i was hindiring how quickly i could do these runs since most of the time they were unexeprienced and didnt have the gear to do much in that zone yet. Which wasnt a problem for me since they NEEDED to do this and one of my favorite things to do in this game is help people progress. Now instead of hindiring myself, ill just fly through the zones and give these players the commods. Sure id be more then happy to take along anyone that wants to come and learn but you took away the point of that now.

Honestly i would like to know one player in SS last uni that didnt have a chance to go on a tech 22 run? By name please cause when i tell you i was doing this every week and even working around several players schedules to accommodate them im not lying. So you using that as an excuse is bullshit. This is just your views on how the game should be supported by no facts just by assumptions.

Since your obviously set on keeping this mechanic then i would suggest to make the commods that require no kill be a completely separate commod then the ones you get from killing the ubers. Add a mission chain similar to the missions for allied commendations or some missions that are basically easy mode for solo players but still teach them a little about subspace mechanics. I know its a lot more work then just taking away a kill requirement but maybe fully focus on one thing for a bit and stop half assing several things.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:18 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Allow the skill to be obtained via daily missions with a DIFFERENT neurobound nondecaying commodity in the skills tab.

Allow the skill to also be trained in the current method of kill + commod mission.

Problem solved.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:21 pm
Contributor

Sounds like a reasonable request, I'll change it so that you get the skill instead of the commod for Allied Commendations and will make the missions that give you the skill for the commod require the kill. Does that sound fair?

Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:29 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

MasterTrader wrote:
Sounds like a reasonable request, I'll change it so that you get the skill instead of the commod for Allied Commendations and will make the missions that give you the skill for the commod require the kill. Does that sound fair?

Right, cut out the middle-man anyway.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:21 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Honestly, all tech skills should be deliberately done so they're solo only. In other MMOs, the leveling and progression systems are rarely made so only the group can do it. This is because new players more often than not enter the game alone. It makes no sense to require them to have 9 actual friends to do content with, prior to downloading the game.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:03 pm