Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Hober's Tentative Class Augmenter Changes
Antilzah wrote:
Personally I really dislike hull on augs intended for light fighters. Would be cooler to stop doing that and add hull to all LFs instead.

I told him to either remove it or leave it as a little bonus. In general we try to avoid putting Hull bonuses on DPS augs. IMO at 3% it's pretty much fine, though.

potato2 wrote:
That crit loss on uaos is evil, I actually prefer current stats if its going to lose 15% crit %, since there isn't a huge amount of augs that actually add a decent amount with it being such a vital stat for seer

We are cracking down on excessive crit on augs. In the future, you won't see much beyond 10% on augs, and 5% on gear. That being said, the aug is definitely improved by 5% cchance, 20% cstrength compared to the 10% cchance I have in my records for the old stats.

JacktheRipper wrote:
Patience aug still sucks =[

It's arguably better than Kidd's Mod, which is already a great T21 aug. I don't know how to really improve it further.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:03 am
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

anilv wrote:

potato2 wrote:
That crit loss on uaos is evil, I actually prefer current stats if its going to lose 15% crit %, since there isn't a huge amount of augs that actually add a decent amount with it being such a vital stat for seer

We are cracking down on excessive crit on augs. In the future, you won't see much beyond 10% on augs, and 5% on gear. That being said, the aug is definitely improved by 5% cchance, 20% cstrength compared to the 10% cchance I have in my records for the old stats.

Current uaos stats are 25% crit chance 30% damage 100% radar 35% crit stregnth -80% vis

if you do as you say and reduce any large crit%, is seer going to be tweaked somehow? If anything with the removal of mf and the large reduction in crit% on the seer class augs its far more of a nerf to this class than others.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:23 pm
over 9000!

potato2 wrote:
anilv wrote:

potato2 wrote:

Current uaos stats are 25% crit chance 30% damage 100% radar 35% crit stregnth -80% vis

if you do as you say and reduce any large crit%, is seer going to be tweaked somehow? If anything with the removal of mf and the large reduction in crit% on the seer class augs its far more of a nerf to this class than others.

Oh sorry, I misread and thought you were talking about AoFK for some reason. Can you give me a setup to work with that involves UAoS, and I'll take a look at whether the effective DPS is in fact worse with this change? It's too fiddly to do without knowing the other augs in play.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:47 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I'm fairly certain I had like 140% crit with my pvp seer setup :P

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:07 pm

Yeah might be true for your seer DS but not everyone will be able to afford augs such as hantr just for crit% you get off of them, and lets say 2 uaos coh+ emp as an example

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:41 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

potato2 wrote:
Yeah might be true for your seer DS but not everyone will be able to afford augs such as hantr just for crit% you get off of them, and lets say 2 uaos coh+ emp as an example

Seer skills give 20% crit
CoH+ gives -16%
Emp gives 10%
2 UAoS give 40%

So that's 54% crit from augs alone. I wouldn't particularly call that bad condisering Si mods are a thing

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:44 pm

But relying on SI mods to get enough crit% to constantly crit on a seer is rather poo, I don't really see why its getting nerfed much rather have a bit less dmg for the consistancy of crits, even if its just upped to 15%,

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:31 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Just want to point out that the current Art of Gunnery augmenter has troll stats atm:

Code:
The Art of Gunnery Augmenter: Speed +7%, Damage +30%, Shield Recharge +5%, Energy Recharge +10%, Hull Space +13%, Range +35%, Electric Tempering -18%

Compared to the UAoG:

Code:
Ultimate Art of Gunnery: Damage 35%, Hull Space 20%, Range 32%, Weapon Hold 50%, Elec Temp -30%

Think we could uh... adjust the AoG to put it more in line with the Ultimate version?

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:19 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Antilzah wrote:
Personally I really dislike hull on augs intended for light fighters. Would be cooler to stop doing that and add hull to all LFs instead.

I agree with this, its silly that we have to invest into the stupid money sink that Pocket Universe is if you want to have a competitive LF.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:33 pm
over 9000!

Bob's right that this would represent a substantial nerf to Seer's effective DPS in the setup he offered. On the other hand, perhaps CoH+ is not the correct aug to be using in that setup since UAoS gives so much Crit Strength already.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:26 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

TIL: Enkelin uses an Ultimate Art of Healing in his Seer's setup.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:13 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

DarkSteel wrote:

Going over 100% is just an unfortunate necessity because of Prawn meta. :D

Also, I hope spreadsheet devs understand that crit strength is one of the most poorly scaling stats. Enk is around so I have faith on you guys.

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:43 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Antilzah wrote:
DarkSteel wrote:

Going over 100% is just an unfortunate necessity because of Prawn meta. :D

Also, I hope spreadsheet devs understand that crit strength is one of the most poorly scaling stats. Enk is around so I have faith on you guys.

Not on a Seer it ain't. :D

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:49 am

anilv wrote:
Bob's right that this would represent a substantial nerf to Seer's effective DPS in the setup he offered. On the other hand, perhaps CoH+ is not the correct aug to be using in that setup since UAoS gives so much Crit Strength already.

Perhaps not with the coh+ but again with the mf loss and the whole large reduction on crit, you will essentially be making more people just not just seers, I have personally put quite a lot into mine but again forcing people to use rare augs such as hantr to even consider making a seer that is to crit 100% without is pretty damn crap.

If anything keep the crit% 15-20% and reduce other stats orrr keep it as the old stats, Sure on other class's nerf the hell of out critty augs but for seer it is argueable the most important stat for them and reducing options for obtaining it is a tad silly.

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:06 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

anilv wrote:

Maybe you're bad at the game, and shouldn't mess with stuff that is working perfectly. The fault always lies with the people never with you anyway. LMFAO.

Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:05 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next