Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: Have some insights on SS economy
anilv wrote:
chronos wrote:
Hello,

While i was reading this topic i got an idea that this game could have its own tax system. In real life i am working in this field.

So my suggestion is that we introduce all type of taxes like wealth tax, vessel tax, corporate tax, consumption tax etc.

Personaly i think it would be interesting feature for this game.

What you peeps think?

In order to be a good change, it would have to somehow improve the player experience. How do you envision this?

I figure this would be a way to discourage team inactivity and provide a series of sinks for teams, scaling up against larger teams.

I'm looking at this as each team has a default roster, max galaxy count, outpost count, beacon count, etc. If the team needs more, they need to pay more through team activity (building, runs, wars, etc) to support their larger empire. If they fail to pay off their fees, Earthforce starts to unown and unteam bases and accounts, which of course makes their galaxies and members more vulnerable to neighboring teams. The fees would be based on a month-to-month deal.

This would replace the appropriate team skills currently in game.

./shrug

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:39 am
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

Pontius123 wrote:
anilv wrote:
chronos wrote:
Hello,

While i was reading this topic i got an idea that this game could have its own tax system. In real life i am working in this field.

So my suggestion is that we introduce all type of taxes like wealth tax, vessel tax, corporate tax, consumption tax etc.

What you peeps think?

In order to be a good change, it would have to somehow improve the player experience. How do you envision this?

I figure this would be a way to discourage team inactivity and provide a series of sinks for teams, scaling up against larger teams.

I'm looking at this as each team has a default roster, max galaxy count, outpost count, beacon count, etc. If the team needs more, they need to pay more through team activity (building, runs, wars, etc) to support their larger empire. If they fail to pay off their fees, Earthforce starts to unown and unteam bases and accounts, which of course makes their galaxies and members more vulnerable to neighboring teams. The fees would be based on a month-to-month deal.

./shrug

Sounds a bit to complicated, and annoying... and in my opinion, having just a tax on random stuff ingame aside from the emp tax is a bad idea. If you have the game just taking money from people, it gives people less money to invest into other avenues of the game. However small the tax is, it will still take away money that could be otherwise used elsewhere. This is kind of off topic but the biggest problem I see with the SS economy is inflation, there is just so much credits out there that it causes prices to go up. The best way to get value of something in the current economy I've found is to trade goods for goods, rather than creds for goods. But I digress, the idea of a tax in this game besides the emp tax doesn't seem practical nor beneficial to the game in any way.

- Chrono

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:31 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

anilv wrote:
The dev team already keeps track of this sort of thing. What value would be added by publicizing it?

Makes players dream, gives them an idea of how active players are, by looking at team scores and creds being used can tell approx how much players are spending?

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:56 pm

Chrono Warrior wrote:
Sounds a bit to complicated, and annoying... and in my opinion, having just a tax on random stuff ingame aside from the emp tax is a bad idea.

It only affects the bigger teams with the lower activity rates. A team like Zephyr, with 100 accounts, but only 5 active players, would be hit extremely hard. A team like S&P, with 40 accounts, but only 30 active players, would see no hit at all.

If you want a team that's bigger than say, SRX/RF size (about 10 gals, and about 20 accounts between their members), then you get to pay the tax.

Alternatively, you could fragment your team into sub-teams, like how Dark Traders, Umbrella Corp, and Blueberry Pancakes went. Of course, without an active enough team, your fragmenting could have dire results, which is why Zephyr's 10 sub-teams flopped.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:04 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Docking fees were removed for a reason.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:16 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: Solar Panel
Level: 3488

Pontius123 wrote:
anilv wrote:
chronos wrote:
Hello,

What you peeps think?

./shrug

tl;dr on the posts after this
This is what many MMOs do. Instead of having skills which allow them to have their own guild territory and guild possessions they just have to pay for it. This is a very effective solution

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:53 am

Antilzah wrote:
Docking fees were removed for a reason.

Docking fees beyond the default 25 ships. If you want to dock 200 ships, have fun with the fee.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:35 am
Main: kwilson
Level: 5328

?? Docking fees to an ai base for everyone except the team that owns that galaxy ??

Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:06 pm