Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Post Re: Remove All Mods
In my opinion, a game like this where it's supposed to be heavily team oriented and wars/pvp are supposed to be encouraged, power gaps shouldn't be as high as they are currently.
At least from what i'm hearing on this thread and about the whole T21/T22 thing, the gap in power from people on teams just starting out, and teams that have been here forever and have gotten minmaxed gear, is too damned high, to the point that if you piss off someone high up and you don't have modded to hell gear and/or T22 you should just quit outright, because no amount of skill would help you kill them, you'd be a nuisance at best, and that right there poses a huge issue for the end goal of a PVP Team-Competition style setting because it's just going to be a huge deterrent for people that don't spend all day and night trying to catch up to endgame teams and players.

Of course there are exceptions to the "Skill wont help a scrub beat an endgame oldie" thing but, lets face it, the gap between T20 and T21 and then T22 alone is pretty high, when you add mods that can potentially double someone damage just because they credit sinked the fuck out of their gear, that gap becomes more of an impassable abyss.

Mods should be a much simpler system than they are currently, and the sad truth is, it doesn't really matter if you don't agree JUST because you spent X absurd amount of credits/resources minmaxing them, the game has to grow and its current iteration is a huge deterrent for any new players to even try to get to endgame, not to mention a balancing problem.
All this really says is that the current mods system has been around too long without anyone actually looking into the maximum possible values and seeing if they're at a fair number and at least a bit interactive to obtain, rather than another system to toss credits at until you get absurd gains and then balancing content around it so anyone without minmax modded gear stands no chance. It's not even intuitive that you can gain that much from mods, when you think "Mod" you think , tiny stat boost or unique alteration of your item, not "Get these stats on everything and double your power", that's straight up retarded.

To be fair I've been following the game for quite awhile myself now, and haven't really gotten that far, my fault mostly for losing the motivation to climb, but when i see people complain about a proposed change just because they sunk time and resources into the current iteration of a system that clearly isn't great- especially if it's related to game balance as a whole- it ticks me off, you aren't the only players that matter and it's not like you can't ask for at least a headstart in the new system or something.

Try contributing to the discussion instead of outright refusing change because *insertbiasedreasoninghere*.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:56 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

sabre198 wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:
What Blizzara said. Removing the mods doesn't remove the items. The point is to put everyone on an even footing and prevent the absurdity that you get with the current system. We can keep the neurobound tag or whatever to remove items from the market, but the point is to prevent people with massive excess resources from beating the crap out of people who may be on their level, but don't have the resources.

I don't want to be in an even footing, I want to put in a shit load of time and effort to get my chars ahead of the game. What would be the point in me in amassing resources , i.e. Playing seriously, if not to be above those who are lazy and do not.

If I put in a shit ton of time, resources, and effort, I should be that powerful. Because the items I obtained required that shit ton.

I'm saying, I'm against people simply RNGing their way through by making the same iron dagger over and over and over until the get one with 20 enchantments and one shot the big nightmare dragon boss despite being a new character.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:08 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

How will you feel when they wipe mods and you still can never touch traders, what will it be next?

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:52 am
Profile WWW
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

sabre198 wrote:
How will you feel when they wipe mods and you still can never touch traders, what will it be next?

Traders is powerful because they have the attritional power of accumulated resources, not because they have some mythical tier of items above anyone else.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:21 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

I can't decide where I stand on this suggestion.

One half of me says yes let's do it because there are far too many mods gained from the bindomite bug over 4 universes.

Other half of me says I have spent a stupid amount of time and effort to get very specific mods on some of my gear, some of which I am still trying to get after 211 failed attempts (Resonating and Evil Hydra Eyes) and to lose that overnight would be toxic.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:09 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

sabre198 wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:
What Blizzara said. Removing the mods doesn't remove the items. The point is to put everyone on an even footing and prevent the absurdity that you get with the current system. We can keep the neurobound tag or whatever to remove items from the market, but the point is to prevent people with massive excess resources from beating the crap out of people who may be on their level, but don't have the resources.

I don't want to be in an even footing, I want to put in a shit load of time and effort to get my chars ahead of the game. What would be the point in me in amassing resources , i.e. Playing seriously, if not to be above those who are lazy and do not.

Your power gap does not come from motivated hard work, it comes from bugs that stacked up over time to make you much more powerful than a new player can achieve regardless of whether they work hard. So please, get over yourself.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:58 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

If you say so, of course it's perception that counts so if I perceive something that might be taken away has a lot of utility to me I'm going to be pissed about it.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Tomzta09 wrote:

One half of me says yes let's do it because there are far too many mods gained from the bindomite bug over 4 universes.

Other half of me says I have spent a stupid amount of time and effort to get very specific mods on some of my gear, some of which I am still trying to get after 211 failed attempts (Resonating and Evil Hydra Eyes) and to lose that overnight would be toxic.

It sounds to me as though your wishes for a balanced game are conflicting with your wishes for personal strength within the game, and I don't blame you. If I was in your position I'd feel exactly the same way you do.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:28 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Tomzta09 wrote:
211 failed attempts

Only 211? Lucky trader peasants.

Dev team confirmed...

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:55 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

The Salty One wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
211 failed attempts

Only 211? Lucky trader peasants.

Dev team confirmed...

He said he's still trying to get it after 211 attempts. l2read

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:40 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

iwnh01 wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:

It sounds to me as though your wishes for a balanced game are conflicting with your wishes for personal strength within the game, and I don't blame you. If I was in your position I'd feel exactly the same way you do.

Luckily we have people who are not conflicted and are willing to do what's neccessary to bring balance back into the game, no matter what happens to their personal power. I am totally sympathetic to concerns about losing personal power, but I will not let that stop me from supporting reasonable changes.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:57 pm