Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Post Re: Remove All Mods
/signed

A better system needs to be in place

Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:46 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

bump

Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:43 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

I hate the random nature of the current mod system, signed

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:11 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Removing mods is most likely out of the question but it would probably be a good idea to change how their bonus is calculated and make them less effective.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:38 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Every time this gets bumped, I think it refers to removing all moderators. :lol:

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:16 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Mods should get thrown into the dumpster where they belong.

They should be replaced by a gem-like system where the better gems are harder into obtain (when you put a gem into a socket the item will become neurobound, so it would still be an item sink).

This allows people to customize their gear while we as developers also have tools to cap the power of an item. Right now some items in the game can be twice as powerful with 3 or 4 good mods than their vanilla versions, and that is not a good thing.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:29 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

they would only moan that the new nerfed gem system wouldnt be worth the effort

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Contributor

We can easily make it worthwhile. For example you get 3 gem slots that are color coded. Red gems are all dps increasing ones such as RoF and damage increase, yellow are passive mods such as hostility, crit chance, crit strength, radar etcetera and then blue gems could be utility increase such as increased shield bank, range, elec regen and shield regen

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:39 am

but not as worthwhile as the current mod system?

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Contributor

The current system is just broken and you know it xD

I'm not saying this gem system will ever happen by the way. It's just my personal view on the matter. I know for a fact that Jeff loves the bindimite system cause of the massive item sink it creates, which would be less of a sink since people can choose their own gems with my proposal.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:53 am

Sigh... I'll say it again i guess....

redalert150 wrote:
Wouldnt a system where everyone is capable of achieving the same amount of mods on any piece of gear be a lot better then getting rid of a system that has been in place forever now and several players have made their setups based on this system?

I dont think doubling your dps with mods is such a bad thing, like i said it adds a whole other way to add more customization to your gear. It makes you feel powerful and more invested into your characters. The issue i think is that its basically impossible for the majority of the player base to ever achieve these mods cause of how shitty the bindo system currently is.

At the moment you can only get a max of 4 additional random mods on a piece of gear, with a very low chance to get even more then 2 mods. I wish i would of known this before modding 600 hydra tails :lol: This system is dumb when mods are so huge in setups. We should be able to get the exact mods we want on gear and the cap should not be 4 it should be at least 6.

The mod system we currently have in place gives SS a great opportunity to add a grinding mechanic to keep players playing the game to strengthen their chars. Lemon had a great suggestion about basically grinding for 10 mod crystals for one mod, then 20 crystals for a second mod, 30 for third so on and so on. These crystals can be made pretty rare or a certain boss zone drop or whatever. The point is it gives everyone a equal chance at having god tier setups while also adding a grinding mechanic for end game players to waste hours on. I dont understand how this continues to be ignored?

Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:08 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:32 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

redalert150 wrote:
Sigh... I'll say it again i guess....

redalert150 wrote:
Wouldnt a system where everyone is capable of achieving the same amount of mods on any piece of gear be a lot better then getting rid of a system that has been in place forever now and several players have made their setups based on this system?

I dont think doubling your dps with mods is such a bad thing, like i said it adds a whole other way to add more customization to your gear. It makes you feel powerful and more invested into your characters. The issue i think is that its basically impossible for the majority of the player base to ever achieve these mods cause of how shitty the bindo system currently is.

At the moment you can only get a max of 4 additional random mods on a piece of gear, with a very low chance to get even more then 2 mods. I wish i would of known this before modding 600 hydra tails :lol: This system is dumb when mods are so huge in setups. We should be able to get the exact mods we want on gear and the cap should not be 4 it should be at least 6.

The mod system we currently have in place gives SS a great opportunity to add a grinding mechanic to keep players playing the game to strengthen their chars. Lemon had a great suggestion about basically grinding for 10 mod crystals for one mod, then 20 crystals for a second mod, 30 for third so on and so on. These crystals can be made pretty rare or a certain boss zone drop or whatever. The point is it gives everyone a equal chance at having god tier setups while also adding a grinding mechanic for end game players to waste hours on. I dont understand how this continues to be ignored?

The mod system allowing you to double or triple your DPS is BS and makes balancing the game really hard. The fact that some players can be way stronger than others with the exact same gear due to random rolls is really dumb, and negatively affects PvP and PvB. You never really know how strong someone is because you can't see anything about them, whereas in other games you can see exactly how strong they are by inspecting them. Bindomite, imo, is a good idea and Neurobinding is a good idea... just needs to be rearranged until you get a situation where the mods aren't multiplicative and you're able to get mods you want with sufficient grinding.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:56 am

Like i said it adds further customization to your build. It's not dumb that you get a piece of gear with better mods is way better then a piece of gear with no mods. It's not particularly easy to get a set of really well modded gear, and it shouldn't be. What is stupid is that we're currently caped in the amount of mods we can get by a terrible RNG mechanic.

The mods don't need to be changed what needs to change is the the way we get mods. So that everyone has a fair chance to get the particular mods you want on item via a incredibly grinding mechanic....

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:30 pm

I would say wiping everyone's mods would basically amount to a game reset.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next