Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Wild Slave Durability
Can we give Wild Slaves a couple lives basically. Maybe 3 lives each from a skill that is somewhat costy to obtain?

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:29 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: Wild Slave Durability
The original developer train of thought was for wild slaves to be expendable and you would capture all manner of wild slaves on the go. Need two slaves because they died in a DG? Next level, capture two of the X number of AI. Pretty much the only AI that are exempt are bosses/minibosses.

The nature of random augs on your wild slave result in people looking for the "perfect" wild slaves, which takes a long time and ends up they not using their wild slaves for 8 months, like a certain developer...

My ideal solution would be to:

1. Integrate wild slaves and combat slaves back together. You get a max of 2 combat slave slots or 4 wild slave slots. An Advanced Skill could add more, but this is my ideal default numbers. One combat slave slot is worth 2 wild slave slots so technically you could mix match a bit.

2. The Conversion weapon/Bot reboots the augs off the AI. Your "perfect" AI is not based on RNJesus anymore, but based on which Bot you used. Higher rarity Bots can be consumable based.

3. Remove Wildman resistance bonus. Replace it with damage and mobility. Your slaves are supposed to be expendable, and they compensate expendability for hitting like a truck.

4. Make pretty much any AI radx-able.

5. Replace Radx Radiation damage for General damage so a FC can have good damage dealing capabilities so they can capture AI easily. Maybe include a Capture-Superitem that drastically reduces the AI's resists for easier capture. Capture-Superitem is useless against bosses/minibosses.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:57 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Pontius123 wrote:
1. Integrate wild slaves and combat slaves back together. You get a max of 2 combat slave slots or 4 wild slave slots. An Advanced Skill could add more, but this is my ideal default numbers. One combat slave slot is worth 2 wild slave slots so technically you could mix match a bit.

2. The Conversion weapon/Bot reboots the augs off the AI. Your "perfect" AI is not based on RNJesus anymore, but based on which Bot you used. Higher rarity Bots can be consumable based.

3. Remove Wildman resistance bonus. Replace it with damage and mobility. Your slaves are supposed to be expendable, and they compensate expendability for hitting like a truck.

5. Replace Radx Radiation damage for General damage so a FC can have good damage dealing capabilities so they can capture AI easily. Maybe include a Capture-Superitem that drastically reduces the AI's resists for easier capture. Capture-Superitem is useless against bosses/minibosses.

1. Dislike - nobody I know is going out taking poppable bots that you perma-lose instead of a stasisable bot that out tanks and DPSs the wild variety. Another problem is how are people going to cap wild bots if their slots are all full.

2. Love it, but what does the consumable part mean? Good point aside from the part I don't understand.

3. Dislike - I can think of only 1 or 2 wild slaves that have decent resist / bank, even with wild man. imo they need to be able to get aggro before being one or two-shotted.

4. Like, as long as it's within reason. No hives etc.

5. Not sure - is this suggesting bringing all damage types up to current rad dmg bonus? That would make FC more versatile imo.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:08 pm

1. The numbers on 1. can be adjusted as needed, but the point was to shut down slave swarms (it's going to get really laggy when 10 Steamers choose FC and each has 20 bots following their FC around) while preserving the greater variety for wild slaves. In other games, you get one; count it; one pet. SS allows you to have upwards of 35 pets on a single combat character. I figured 2 combat pets would be fine, and 4 wild pets would be fine.

2. Prismatic Conversion is a weapon. It inserts a Prism Bot into the AI, making it a wild slave. This is the default bot weapon. You get to have unlimited shots. Consumable Bot weapons would exist, and inject more powerful Bots into AI, but you have a limited number of Bot Injections. You can get more from <means>, but you won't have unlimited.

3. Aside from crapping on stuff with missiles, most AI are actually rather durable and normally do not get one shotted by a damage dealer. This may be different if a boss focuses you down, though, but as a damage dealer, it's the TANK's job (of which you aren't the tank in this squad) to keep aggro off you. You get some bonus from Radx and (from when I last checked, Bot Mastery), but ultimately you know your wild bots will die and probably die quickly when focused down. Combine this with opening up most AI to capture and we have a good design.

4. Hives, Battlestations, Hawks, Delquads, Bana King, Anaconda, Grim Reaver, etc. All excluded from the list.

MF Reavers, MF3 Forgones, Vultures, Panthers, Drops, Platforms, MF Picks, etc. Those would eventually be usable by a FC wanting to use wild bots. The key is that you actually need to do damage as a lone FC, to kill a lone AI of that caliber. Soooo, next point.

5. I'm suggesting removing the radiation damage and simply adding damage. So, Energy, Laser, Physical, Rad, Surg, Mining, and Heat --- Simplified as "Damage" to an arbitrary number that emphasize the FC actually doing damage.

A FC using a setup like 2 Capital Defense is going to fail so hard he'll have trouble getting wild zebucart slaves, which is the point. A FC that wants to use wild slaves is going to have to aug offensively. For example, a Cerberus 2 CaL Evening Fury. This FC has to play like a Gunner, a Berserker, a Sniper, and or a Speed Demon. He cannot play like an Engineer, ShM, or normal FC.

Why?

He'll lack the damage output. Simple as that. This FC is a damage dealer and would take this role in group content. You're missing a Sniper but have an extra FC? Get the guy to use a Wild Bot setup and you have your replacement for that Sniper.

As for FCs with Combat Bots, a key part of their design is that the ships (both the main ship and the slaves) are considerably bulkier. They might even need a buff in the defensive department to make this work. With how the devteam wants to make FC a tank and hold aggro over DPS setups, you could potentially have some decent damage dealing Combat Bots. But make no mistake, in every regard your Combat Bots are probably going to be as defensive (such as compared to Bigger Greens), or more defensive, than any Wild Bot another FC can capture.

You also have Launched-Fighters.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:19 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Momonga
Level: 6776

Instead of giving FC more retarded stuff beef SD!

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:37 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Freez wrote:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:02 am
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

DarkSteel wrote:
Freez wrote:

SD is a very powerful class, much more than people might thing - but is more skill-based. Unfortunately it does not compare to how powerful some aspects of other classes are.

The only thing SD would need imo is increased resistances or shields. RoF vs speed has been removed, although something like resist vs speed would be an interesting addition to increase SD survival in hot situations, particularly when PvB, PvP, Termites, accidentally jumping into JWatt DG.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:45 am

No to resistances or shields as SD. The whole point of the class is Gotta Go Fast. It is compensated by having to use ships that have low defensive stats. Giving it more physical bulk is just going to make it overpowered and require nerfing elsewhere, which will piss people off.

You're better off giving SD the ability to make use of that speed, agility, and slipperiness. Superitems that reduce speed and tracking of enemies, passive items that reduce the incoming damage on laser beam type weapons to force enemies into using dodge-able projectiles, bonus Evasion for going fast, etc.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:23 am
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Wonder if there could be a way to nerf projectile speed from a target? as in a SD slows down a sniper's bullets so they can dodge better. Would be best if it was an area affect to affect many ai.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:42 am
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Danger wrote:
Wonder if there could be a way to nerf projectile speed from a target? as in a SD slows down a sniper's bullets so they can dodge better. Would be best if it was an area affect to affect many ai.

That sounds amazing actually.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:06 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

I agree with getting rid of the million slaves a fc has with them but i dont think they arnt expendable already honestly im not going to waste 8 hours catching bots and most players wouldnt so i dont think others should be punished for a few people with too much time on there hands, sounds like a fancy way of saying nerf to me when clearly other classes are much more powerful. But go a head ill just change classes to the next "OP" class.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:49 pm
Profile YIM

Tyler_TDA wrote:
I agree with getting rid of the million slaves a fc has with them but i dont think they arnt expendable already honestly im not going to waste 8 hours catching bots and most players wouldnt so i dont think others should be punished for a few people with too much time on there hands, sounds like a fancy way of saying nerf to me when clearly other classes are much more powerful. But go a head ill just change classes to the next "OP" class.

Wild Slaves are expendable, but are too much of a hassle to go re-capturing when one dies. Hence, people shy away from the more damaging, but more fragile wild slaves in favor of the durable ones, like Bigger Greens.

If reducing the hassle to re-capture reinforces the fact wild slaves are actually expendable, I think that is the way forward.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:24 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Pontius123 wrote:
The original developer train of thought was for wild slaves to be expendable and you would capture all manner of wild slaves on the go. Need two slaves because they died in a DG? Next level, capture two of the X number of AI.

Was this person drunk? The only way to cap anything of decent level is to swarm it with your ComBots. Which means you either need to have rad, rad and only rad equipped on your ComBots, or you are not going to get any more WildBots during a DG. I assume you have played this game long enough to know what happens if you only have one type of damage on your bots.

Pontius123 wrote:
The nature of random augs on your wild slave result in people looking for the "perfect" wild slaves, which takes a long time and ends up they not using their wild slaves for 8 months, like a certain developer...

Wut? The nature of random augs on wild slaves is that AI's are spawned with random augs. Now i would not mid a standard aug setup on all AI, preferably one that made their damage, ROF and range match what they do in game.

Pontius123 wrote:

Either you are proposing removing Combat bots from other classes or this idea will be significantly more complex then i think you think it will. I am also going to assume you mean 2/4 PER LEVEL, because other wise this nerfs FC's into uselessness. The only way to make an effective FC at lower levels is swarms of Handels Cruisers, Sargents Enforcers or Hybred Pax, preferably all three. Every FC i know below level 1000 does this, and everyone who has tried anything else has given up in disgust. Unless you are going to give a HUGE boost for injected control bots (like Capships stats on the bot huge) this is a completely absurd nerf.

Pontius123 wrote:

What the hell use is a Wild bot with no augs? No i am serious, why would i even use that? Standard weapons are trash, the stats the AI use to calc damage have no relation to what is actually on the ship, LOOK AT THE GOBLINS RANGE WITH A JADE LAZER SOMETIME! Have the WIld slave use the AI stat blocks and this might be viable, otherwise you will not see wild slaves used ever again.

Pontius123 wrote:

Considering your last two suggestions, this damage bonus better be in 4 digets.

Pontius123 wrote:

Including Ubers? I do not know if you have fought Rock Hudson or Scarlet Pimpernell, but i want you to imagine an FC with 40 fighters or 20 drones. Actually, considering your "Yank the augs" suggestion, this is the only way Wildslave would be viable, so nm.

Pontius123 wrote:

10% damage per level to all weapons? if you want o main a gunner, just main a gunner. The POINT of an FC is YOU DO NOT FIRE, YOUR BOTS FIRE FOR YOU. And FC already have a capture superitem, its called DIrty Bomb Device. It just needs either a wider area or some range.

As far as i am concerned the only thing FC's need is the ability to Hotkey Botgroups. Instead of having to manually select each of my bots and tell them which ship i want attacked, let me group them on keys so i can click "Group 1; kill Forgone" "Group 2 ; Chase Vulture" "Group 3 ; Defend me"

Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:11 am
Main: Helius
Level: 3033

I say no

Adding any kind of durability or giving X number of lifes on wild bots would be OP.

Many players would look for perfect bots.

My suggestion would be that you could cap additional number (x2) of wild bots and with command you could dock them on your capital ship and sticky them and class locked.

So when your wild bot gets destroyed you launch new one.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:45 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

FC slaves were fine last time I played; which wasn't too long ago and no noticeable changes have been made since to the foundation of the class. And I still rekt the cheap idiots who wasted their lives on wild slaves! The term and concept of Wild slaves being main DPS is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:12 pm