Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Post Ruby Steppes
Make Warpastic drones more responsive... as it stands i can simply fly in no problems

Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:11 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: Ruby Steppes
No. They have like 300m shields. Danger said they were denting slowly...on his endgame KWW Zerk. This is a T10 drone in content for people from T10 to T16.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:02 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Read it again Churchill lol. Also, I believe Markoz added easy to cap drones at the end of (ruby) steppes with the ai bases

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:49 pm

I was not trying to capture them. I was trying to kill them. What's the first thing you do when you come across an enemy warp drone sitting on a warp? You kill it. Well, I couldn't kill it. Dropped 100k damage into it and it didn't drop under 99%. No, it didn't have the resists to ignore the damage, that was the same damage as shooting Basils (which have zero percent mining resists). The conclusion is that the warp drones have ridiculous levels of HP, and takes an endgame Tech 22 Berserker to dent them. This is Tech 10 content.

The warp drones are supposed to sit on the warp. Making them more responsive would force the player to kill them, because they won't be able to sneak in the cheese way. And then, you now have to kill a drone that takes an absolute endgame player to kill them. Is Ruby Steppes an endgame T22 zone? I don't think so. Even a squad of T14 players is going to take hours to kill each drone; there are three you need to get past before you reach the station.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:01 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

It doesn't make sense to make them more responsive, then people wouldn't be able to get into Ruby Steppes...

Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:41 pm
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Dent? I got it to 80% in like 10 seconds. I could kill them on my f2p if i wanted to. They might have regen now since they have a base shield but they still have 0 resistance.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:28 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Danger wrote:
Dent? I got it to 80% in like 10 seconds. I could kill them on my f2p if i wanted to. They might have regen now since they have a base shield but they still have 0 resistance.

I think Churchill is exaggerating, I MIRVed them down pretty recently from a scout ship to get inside.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:20 am
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Yeah you can still get in on a stealthy ship. This game is all about problem solving for situations. How do you get into Hyper? Either really fast, with a decoy, or on a stealthy ship. Ruby Steppes should be the same essentially. Right now it's just warp in/warp out no problem, the content is designed to give you a challenge anyhow

Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:04 am

I can get in perfectly fine. It's that if you make it more responsive (and or place it better on the warp), you would have a much harder time getting in, which would then necessitate killing it. Of course the T22 player can murder it very easily, Danger and Shawn. Have you tried being a T10 player any time soon?

Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:40 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Pontius123 wrote:
I can get in perfectly fine. It's that if you make it more responsive (and or place it better on the warp), you would have a much harder time getting in, which would then necessitate killing it. Of course the T22 player can murder it very easily, Danger and Shawn. Have you tried being a T10 player any time soon?

Ironically enough, yes. And my Vega missile fleet does significantly more damage than my scout ship can do it wouldn't be a problem.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:13 pm