Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

Post Remove X Gear from bases please.
Im not sure how this got approved. But seriously...

Its like me just dropping 10kits inside 5mins and aug them and my galaxy is done. This shouldnt be how its done.

Yes I agree having starter gear om them but not as good as X gear is. You should need to work to produce base gear devleop your base over time or hard grind. Im all for helping new people to get a proddy up and all but come on...

All them base BPs are basically useless now. Yeah I know you probs removed the BPs because of this but atleast make the gear on the kits basic gear not X Y or Z.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:22 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

Post Re: Remove X Gear from bases please.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=62182

Enjoy

Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:57 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

KonanCruss2 wrote:
http://forum.starsonata.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=62182

Enjoy

That thread needs to be immortalized in SS2 history

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:03 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: goofy
Level: 4340

the basic problem . is that any t9 + base you deploy needs to be fed nukes now . such a hassel ...

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:22 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

goofy wrote:
the basic problem . is that any t9 + base you deploy needs to be fed nukes now . such a hassel ...

WHat are you talking about? I have re-equiped all my t12's with adonis energies, the new equipment is not bound to the base, it just happens to be what the base starts with.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:55 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Yea... That's unintended and fixed for next patch I believe.

As for the nuclear waste, I doubt that's ever changing. It's just fuel for your base, it makes sense when you think about it. Be happy it doesn't require fermium to operate!

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:10 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

DarkSteel wrote:
Yea... That's unintended and fixed for next patch I believe.

As for the nuclear waste, I doubt that's ever changing. It's just fuel for your base, it makes sense when you think about it. Be happy it doesn't require fermium to operate!

Confirmed Traders swimming in Prom.

--

Anyways, what Enkelin summarized in that topic is that:

->Endgame players will have a harder time casually knocking down noob players.
->Noob players that actually get knocked down can get back up easier.
->You cannot permanently knock down anyone.

Then, Enkelin's Station Amp change meant that BVB is costly, both in time and in money. It takes time to build your Station Amp. It takes money to build your Station Amp. It gives the defender time to decide on how and if they can defend their territory. It makes the attacker rethink whether the time and money value of assailing the galaxy is worth besieging it.

The hopeful result is that the attacker attacks for the galaxy's profitability, rather than attack because he thinks the defender is annoying. No more casual BVB of some noob team's galaxy because you can. And when you sit down and wait out the front line production base to build your Amps so you eventually crush the noob team, they are not down and out for the next 6-12 months rebuilding all their Ada gear.

Oh, and if you decide to use an Outpost, this is completely disregarding the defender counter-BVBing (because it takes time for your team to build ownership points before you can BVB, but since their galaxy has been there for weeks, they get instant access to BVB) your little Outpost, unowning the galaxy, and potentially owning it for themselves, the least of your worries being the kits "besieging" the defending galaxy, since kits inside an owned galaxy not their own with no ownership connection abandon instantly. The worst is the defenders take ownership of the Outpost galaxy, because that has an active front line heavy production base (the thing formally building the Amps), plus various defending kits of your own that are now ... theirs.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:02 pm