Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

Post Re: Zen of calmness
anilv wrote:
Sypom3 wrote:
So is every bar and imperial skill. you just need suficiently enough credits, but it doesnt mean every person gets it.

It wont make players any stronger than what they currently are.

Imperial skills are unthinkably harder to get in bulk compared to ZoC. There is no comparison. Even high level bar skills are much harder to get, considering the credit cost. You are proposing that any player with a level 4k alt can suddenly obtain free Inertia Dampening just by clicking a button 50 times.

And how many level 4k players are there?
By the time a player reaches level 4k, he will have zen of far reaching at 100, and then perhaps zen of calmness at 60 if he didnt pick any other skill

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:52 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

There are 65 characters over level 4k that have logged in this uni and are currently subbed. However, there are probably over 100 characters that could afford to max ZoC if they wished.

Sypom3 wrote:
Your'e making it sound like it would be game breaking, but it just makes life easer for someone who chose to spend skill points on being less mobile by explosions.

Just because the dev team is not bending over backwards to make your life as easy as possible, you don't get to paint us as the bad guys. If you want Inertia Dampening, go obtain some of the many item-based solutions and use them instead of your current gear.

Sypom3 wrote:
If im willing to spend 5k skill points to have inertial dampening than it should be possible for me counter inertia.

The entitlement in this post is real. No, you don't get free stuff just because you leveled an alt to the point of not having anything left to spend SP on.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:07 pm

100 characters could afford it
lets say that every single one of them gets the skill to 100
that skill would then make less than 2.5% of all the characters
that is not "free for all the players"

Now how many characters have imperial tweaking to 3, or a more precise comparison, how many have zen of far reaching to 100?

Some bosses are easily soloable because zen of far reaching allows pple to outrange it, and in most cases, zen of far reaching has a key role on weather or not i can solo a t22 boss or not.

And stop with that "making devs seem like bad guys" " or "entitlement", dont change the topic's subject

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:16 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Sypom3 wrote:
And stop with that "making devs seem like bad guys" " or "entitlement", dont change the topic's subject

It's very much on topic. You make a content request. The devs say, "no, that isn't a skill we want obtainable for just SP." You start in on how you deserve to get the skill for just SP, or that it's a perfectly reasonable request that we are being unreasonable in refusing.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:26 pm

So you ran out of arguments, and now you want to start a blame war?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:30 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Sypom3 wrote:
1"everyone"
I bet that less than 5% of all players have the skill
and if the skill had inertial dampening, I wonder how many people would get a class reset for the skill.

2It's like saying that you shouldn't be able to have shield monkeys on your side, because bosses are balanced to kill you. It is not a true argument because you're just using the game mechanics to make life easer on your side.

3If im willing to spend 5k skill points to have inertial dampening than it should be possible for me counter inertia.

4Your'e making it sound like it would be game breaking, but it just makes life easer for someone who chose to spend skill points on being less mobile by explosions.

I broke your post up into numbered points to make it simpler.

1. Actually most people get ZoC after filling out ZoFR, NY, and ZoS to meet their need because it is intensely useful.

2. That is the most asinine argument I have ever heard. Bosses are balanced to be killed by capable, sufficient squads. And healing is a factor in that balance. Meanwhile many bosses are designed to throw you around during the fight to force active play, or make an encounter more difficult.

3. No you fucking shouldn't. There is a reason that the capacitors that offer this skill are built instead of being super common DG drops. The attribute is supposed to make you work for it (buying/building) and sacrifice (a decent capacitor) something to have it. Skill points are free, and they ate worthless unspent, you are not sacrificing anything by using them.

4. Skill points are free, why should you get even more benefit for no reason? Explosions were introduced to promote active play vs MCing there is no reason to make them any cheaper than they already are to avoid. Doing so just makes MCing even more legitimate.

PS: seriously gtfo of here with point #2, that shit was truly stupid.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:55 pm

And you still haven't offered a single argument as to why this is a good idea, other than you just wanting it...

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:57 pm

And finally, in case anyone wondered why he actually suggested this. It is entirely out of self interest. He mains an engineer. Engineer gets little to no benefit out of the other Zen skills. So any engineer above 2.5k can afford to max this skill.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:02 pm

I have zen of far reaching at 95

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:44 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Sypom3 wrote:

Also he has zen of useless 1000

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:39 am

Sypom3 wrote:

Okay... so what base 700 range weapon are you using on an engineer that somehow makes max ZoFR even remotely useful. Or do you not understand how the skill works?

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:28 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

You're making SaP look bad Freakachu...

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:22 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Can't get any saltier than CLX.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:57 am
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Why? Aren't the extremely common Angelic modifications, Strange Planck Dampeners and Inertia Dampening on Augmenters enough for you?

Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:05 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

Tomzta09 wrote:
Why? Aren't the extremely common Angelic modifications, Strange Planck Dampeners and Inertia Dampening on Augmenters enough for you?

Not to mention the Reinforced Mod...

- Chrono

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:53 am